You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Big Hunt: Results

18 comments in this topic

[-TBE-]
Members
8 posts
3,700 battles

I thought the Big Hunt was such an amazing success that it would have remained a permanent component of the game. I was surprised when it was removed. 

It's a huge expansion and it should be permanent. It offers a rewarding and fun arcade like experience that just isn't there with the typical warships game, to the same extent. It offers a new style of ship gameplay that will appeal to a whole new set of players.

This component could seriously expand the user base and participation in Warships as a whole. 

Bring it back, with balance modification of course. The money generated was a little high as were the rewards for something that is permanent. 

• Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Don't forget the most important part: Data points generated for bringing features into the main game (whatever those features are...)!

[H0PAS]
[H0PAS]
Beta Testers
27 posts
27,985 battles

Was going to say . nope no use. I ll just say for now thanks. And hope to be seeing what i did after last update more rank and tier integrity. Not two up two down on the tiers of ships there is enough players to keep it more tighter like one up one down on tiers.

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,260 posts
26,520 battles

At the end I focused exclusively to killing players as they tried to exit, for maximum fun. 

Members
17 posts
16,513 battles

I wasn't expecting much from this mode to be honest. I was one of those "I don't want that weird crap in the game" type of person. One day I thought I would give it a try on the PT server and after a few games I got the hang of it.

When it went live on the live server I was still a little apprehensive about Big Hunt but gave it a shot anyway. Before I knew it I was hooked on the game mode! It was like a breath of fresh air, especially in the era of the "Deadeye" meta.

It was fast, furious and action packed with some tension added in from time to time. The rewards were awesome as well. I would certainly play this more if it was available again. I will also be a lot more open to new content in the future.

• Cool 3

Members
139 posts
14,627 battles

Just update the rewards and i'll come back to play again, don't do what you normally do and make less rewards with every new installment.  Just add but never decrease the rewards due to we are not blind and won't waste our time :fish_aqua:

• Cool 2

[MCWF]
Members
136 posts
21,060 battles

I liked this game mode. I love the aggressive nature of it and always being on the attack. I play mostly coop for the same reason. random's have gotten so boring with to many passive players and every 9 out of 10 games is a complete blowout because of it. I was glad we could also do part of the daily missions in big hunt but because you couldn't do them all I always had to switch back to random/coop games every day. the prizes were OK and the credit payout at the end for the extra battle points was nice. over all it was fun and I would play it again if it remained unchanged.

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
3,039 posts
32,068 battles

Please don’t bring this crap back

if you have time to waste making that :etc_swear: then you can find time making new

scenarios that are a few  years long over due 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Banned
53 posts
20 battles

25-34% survival rate combined with getting betrayed by players, no thanks.

Now make a pve only mode of this where it's players vs aliens and you will have a game mode a lot of people will be interested in playing.

• Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
14 hours ago, MetalmanNZ said:

It was fast, furious and action packed with some tension added in from time to time. The rewards were awesome as well. I would certainly play this more if it was available again. I will also be a lot more open to new content in the future.

Unfortunately I'm too methodical in how I play.

The very reasons you cite for liking the mode, are exactly why I didn't go anywhere near it.

• Cool 1

[UDT]
[UDT]
Members
110 posts
28,808 battles

Glad to see it go

New Operations would be time better spent I think - at least maybe a Ironclad 1860's - 1880's theme - that would be fun

r/

[BUOY]
Members
2,219 posts
22,190 battles

Big Hunt was a lot of fun with pretty much all the changes made from Key Battles being a straight up improvement. Look forward to the next event!

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles

Like all the alternative events in the past I also liked this 1 a lot...

would love to see all the alternate modes brought back like all the past april fools modes & all of the past halloween modes...but on a temporary weekend mode or something occasionally & not to where they remove all players from random.

Now i still need to decide which of the 2 ships to get camo for...probably going to get Orland as I haven't ground to it yet so I'll have it for that but wouldn't mind the Akizuki & the Amagi camos also as they're all pretty badrear  looking.

[AAA]
Members
348 posts
15,956 battles

This was a great mode because 95% of your success depends on personal decisions unlike the regular modes where you heavily rely on the team.

[NAV]
Members
403 posts
13,523 battles

I hope the message WG takes from this is that players like PvE content!  

I'm still waiting for more ops, but the fantasy seasonal gamemodes are fun as well.