You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ascinius

CV Overhaul, this is not the game I paid for

29 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
1,510 battles

As someone that spent a decent amount of money beck when CVs had an RTS gameplay, this new overhaul is absolutely disgusting. Without keeping the option of maintaining the older gameplay, or incorporating some sort of hybrid, they completely eliminated the old CVs and we are effectively just playing as planes instead of playing as the carrier.  We dont even get the option to activate the damage control consumables when we want, let alone actually drive our ships while having planes in the air. 

Can a CV still do damage? sure. Are they still viable? sure. But, my real issue is that I paid for something and that thing has been taken away and replaced with something else.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 4

Members
149 posts
14,509 battles

I will say that I'm a bit surprised you're only posting this now....considering the CV rework was early 2019...

But on another note, that's a sad reality of game design. Some things change. Whether or not those changes are needed, or welcomed, is a debate all its own. Believe me, you're not the only one who wants RTS CV's back. I LOVED playing them. It was a challenge, and a rewarding one if you were good enough. 

Hell go look at the feedback from the early days of the CV Rework and I'm sure you'll see a lot of people saying we needed to go back. The unfortunate fact of the matter now is, we're too far gone to go back to RTS CVs. The game has evolved too much. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF8]
Members
9,252 posts
7,537 battles

Well, OP, you're certainly... over 2 years late with your complaint, lol. :cap_haloween:

I'm guessing that you were away from the game for THAT long? Because when the rework happened, WG did offer a trade in for doubloon compensations, for people who no longer wanted their CV's after the change. I'm also guessing that you missed out on it? LEL. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Jeesh, little late to the party aren't you? That's more than 2 years ago? The game has had rework CVs almost as long as RTS CVs at this point.

Also, you didn't pay for the game it's free. Maybe you bought a premium CV or two, but you had the chance to get those completely refunded when the rework hit. So what did you lose again? (OK, odd tier CVs, I'll give you that). Not to mention that WG has the right in the EULA to change whatever they want without notice or recompense.

And finally whether or not we like the CV rework we got it should be obvious that RTS CVs needed a rework. When played well they were completely OP, but the skill floor was so high no one played them. Rework was in desperate need of happening, and WG had said as much for 2 years before it happened. So it's not like you had no clue things were going to change.

So yeah, I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy here. Boat sailed on RTS CVs a LONG time ago.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles
3 hours ago, Little_Miss_Carrier_Main said:

I will say that I'm a bit surprised you're only posting this now....considering the CV rework was early 2019...

But on another note, that's a sad reality of game design. Some things change. Whether or not those changes are needed, or welcomed, is a debate all its own. Believe me, you're not the only one who wants RTS CV's back. I LOVED playing them. It was a challenge, and a rewarding one if you were good enough. 

Hell go look at the feedback from the early days of the CV Rework and I'm sure you'll see a lot of people saying we needed to go back. The unfortunate fact of the matter now is, we're too far gone to go back to RTS CVs. The game has evolved too much. 

The team whose CV won the air battle had a win rate around 70% so changes were needed. We can argue all we want on the changes they made but something needed to be done.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,842 posts
30,530 battles
31 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The team whose CV won the air battle had a win rate around 70% so changes were needed. We can argue all we want on the changes they made but something needed to be done.

The air battle between carriers is what made RTS CVs so much fun. You had to be good to play them, the learning curve could be steep, but de-planing the enemy carrier was such a challenge and a joy to accomplish. The rework lowered the bar so much with carriers that have automated damage control, defense aircraft, steering, and virtually unlimited aircraft so you don't have to actually have any talent or skill to play them. 

The removal of the ability to protect your team with fighters is the worse change of the rework and a big reason why carrier players get so much hate from the rest of the player base. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles
4 hours ago, Little_Miss_Carrier_Main said:

Hell go look at the feedback from the early days of the CV Rework and I'm sure you'll see a lot of people saying we needed to go back.

TBF that'll happen with just about any major change to anything, good or bad. I'm not defending the change, just saying that 'people wanted the change undone' is not a valid judgment.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

I think the new style of CV play is much better than the old style but each to their own.

The thing is, when you spend money - you spend money 'at that time' and what you get (the gameplay) is 'at that time'. The following day everything could change and, over time, enough has changed in this game that most should understand this happens. 

I don't think there is a ship I have bought that has not been changed in some way. We just need to understand this is always a possibility when we look to buy. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
34 posts
135 battles
7 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I think the new style of CV play is much better than the old style but each to their own.

7 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

And finally whether or not we like the CV rework we got it should be obvious that RTS CVs needed a rework. When played well they were completely OP, but the skill floor was so high no one played them. Rework was in desperate need of happening, and WG had said as much for 2 years before it happened. So it's not like you had no clue things were going to change.

So yeah, I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy here. Boat sailed on RTS CVs a LONG time ago.

I hope we meet in battle :Smile_trollface:

5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

did we need a complete redesign though? And they very much could have at least made sure that the gameplay was interesting, RTS CVs needed a lot of adjustment but at least the gameplay was more fun and way more involved from the player with interaction between them and other players instead of PvE.

• Cool 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts
2 minutes ago, SpreadsheetSaysJustDodge said:

I hope we meet in battle :Smile_trollface:

Because I like the new CV style of play? I can't tell if you want meet up in a battle (as friends), or face me in a battle (to beat me viciously for liking the new style) lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
34 posts
135 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Because I like the new CV style of play? I can't tell if you want meet up in a battle (as friends), or face me in a battle (to beat me viciously for liking the new style) lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

so that I can demonstrate the rework CVs, I'm really salty I didn't get to play RTS even on my older EU account.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts
8 minutes ago, SpreadsheetSaysJustDodge said:

so that I can demonstrate the rework CVs, I'm really salty I didn't get to play RTS even on my older EU account.

:Smile_teethhappy: I look back at the RTS and wonder what it would be like to play that mode, but then again, I had the opportunity and it just didn't appeal enough for me to give it a go. The new style did, and even though I can't play too much as it gives me nausea after a while, I think it is great fun.

There are a couple of things I would change, that I feel would help in greater acceptance, but overall I think it was a good change - however I fully understand those that enjoyed the previous mode (as I said in my first post - each to their own). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles
12 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The air battle between carriers is what made RTS CVs so much fun. You had to be good to play them, the learning curve could be steep, but de-planing the enemy carrier was such a challenge and a joy to accomplish. The rework lowered the bar so much with carriers that have automated damage control, defense aircraft, steering, and virtually unlimited aircraft so you don't have to actually have any talent or skill to play them. 

The removal of the ability to protect your team with fighters is the worse change of the rework and a big reason why carrier players get so much hate from the rest of the player base. 

Fun for the CV player maybe but the team whose CV lost i likely not going to be very happy. At least when the CV is lost early now the impact is about the same as losing any other ship type.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,842 posts
30,530 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Fun for the CV player maybe but the team whose CV lost i likely not going to be very happy. At least when the CV is lost early now the impact is about the same as losing any other ship type.

I can not think of any type of ship where if it is poorly played, their team will not be happy.  DDs and BBs seem to be complained about more than anyone in this regard if we are being honest. 

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

I wish that I had play RTS CVs could have been quite the terror :fish_cute_2:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I can not think of any type of ship where if it is poorly played, their team will not be happy.  DDs and BBs seem to be complained about more than anyone in this regard if we are being honest. 

Yeah but knowing that because your CV did not deliver that the odds are against winning no matter how well you play was the problem. Now when the CV doesn't deliver the impact on the team is about the same as losing any other single ship. Change was needed.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,842 posts
30,530 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Change was needed.

How is that working out?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles
34 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

How is that working out?

We can agree that change was needed even though the route chosen has flaws. One of the biggest problems with the rework is false expectations, expecting RTS level AA, ie the AA failed if any planes get through.

Members
2 posts
4,176 battles

They should of just removed CVs if they didn't want anyone playing them.  These rocket planes are nothing more than spotting ribbon fodder.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,275 posts
9,133 battles
14 minutes ago, EnforcerAndy said:

They should of just removed CVs if they didn't want anyone playing them.  These rocket planes are nothing more than spotting ribbon fodder.

Long before the rework there was some dev interview (IIRC in RU) where one of them said 'we're going to do the rework, because the alternative is removing the class entirely and we'd rather not'. So that was always a final option for CV if the class failed to fit in at all.

Not that I think they will do it just cause of the rammifications of this nerf. WG badly wants CVs to be in the game's ecosystem.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

Members
324 posts
1,749 battles
16 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

WG badly wants CVs to be in the game's ecosystem.

They have Soviet premiums to sell

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,655 battles

I would really REALLY like to know the name of the idiot WoWs developer who was in charge of thinking he or she created something good with WoWs CV play.  Like a child with power to ram bullsh*t down the throats of players, you have no concern for the victims of your absolute cluelessness.  I dare, DARE you, (talking to the one who made the ultimate decision to work the CVs in their current configuration) to grind a tier 6 AND tier 8  all the way through in COOP - it is absolutely the most frustrating experience in the history of gaming (thereby defeating the purpose of ever playing them in the first place - congratulations, there should be a reward for this kind of screwed up thinking), and if it weren't for the plus modifiers WoWs gives to tier 10 CV players in Random battles, it seem impossible there too, after watching CV players spend an entire battle killing one ship and knowing without those modifiers they'd be lame ducks.  Your excuses and lies for justifying your horrible creation is disgusting, especially in light of the idiotic idea of RUSSIAN CVs.  Give me a break.  This game has all but left historical battles and gone deep into fantasy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[KERR]
Beta Testers
430 posts
10,287 battles
14 hours ago, Jonas_Brent said:

I would really REALLY like to know the name of the idiot WoWs developer who was in charge of thinking he or she created something good with WoWs CV play.  Like a child with power to ram bullsh*t down the throats of players, you have no concern for the victims of your absolute cluelessness.  I dare, DARE you, (talking to the one who made the ultimate decision to work the CVs in their current configuration) to grind a tier 6 AND tier 8  all the way through in COOP - it is absolutely the most frustrating experience in the history of gaming (thereby defeating the purpose of ever playing them in the first place - congratulations, there should be a reward for this kind of screwed up thinking), and if it weren't for the plus modifiers WoWs gives to tier 10 CV players in Random battles, it seem impossible there too, after watching CV players spend an entire battle killing one ship and knowing without those modifiers they'd be lame ducks.  Your excuses and lies for justifying your horrible creation is disgusting, especially in light of the idiotic idea of RUSSIAN CVs.  Give me a break.  This game has all but left historical battles and gone deep into fantasy.  

Sad what greediness and the almighty Ruble can do to destroy a company's relationship with much of its customer base.  While there will always be those who hang around until the game is no longer available, sooner or later, those with common sense will realize what actually exists past the smoke and mirrors act and they will move on.

Good thing the PR Department at Wargaming does its job well selling its games to those who look at the promise and potential (much like we did) and download them, as more and more of the long time player base seems to be looking elsewhere.