Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xwing_Red1

So, Yuro got point

38 comments in this topic

[FDK]
Members
1,534 posts

Eurobeat (Yuro) is righ!!

1) The time has come for Uncle WG to make models with slight differences for Hiei, Haruna and Kirishima (They are basically copied/pasted from Kongo's model)

2) Fully upgraded Kongo (and their clones) have more Hit Points than German BB Odin?  Really?.... REAAAALLLYYYYY?

Tier V Kongo (and their clones): 54100 Hp

Tier VIII Odin: 52800 Hp

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,880 battles

Actually, they are all the Hiei.

The Kongo, Haruna, and Kirishima have longer towers.  The Hiei was made as a prototype for the Yamato.

Kongo class model inaccurate - Battleships - World of Warships official forum

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,895 posts
27,143 battles
14 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Actually, they are all the Hiei.

The Kongo, Haruna, and Kirishima have longer towers.  The Hiei was made as a prototype for the Yamato.

Kongo class model inaccurate - Battleships - World of Warships official forum

Back when accurate models was a concern

• Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
37 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Tier V Kongo (and their clones): 54100 Hp

Tier VIII Odin: 52800 Hp

Odin has torps and secondaries...

Kongo is not that good of a ship at tier 5...

• Meh 4

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Kongo is the second best BB at Tier V....

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[FDK]
Members
1,534 posts
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Well. you almost got a point; Sadly, Scharnhorst, as a tier 7 BB has torps, secondaries and... 56300 Hp

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
1 minute ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Well. you almost got a point; Sadly, Scharnhorst, as a tier 7 BB has torps, secondaries and... 56300 Hp

But not hydro.

Odin was grossly over powered when it had ~60k health.  As it is Odin is doing just fine.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Kongo is the second best BB at Tier V....

Even more reason to compare, food for thought... Kongo dont face the same threats as the Odin...

At worse an ATL or Flint or a good schor... Therefor it survives longer even a potato can score decent in a match...

Odin has more offensive and defensive advantages the Kongo Wishes it had....

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
591 posts
8,819 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

What the hell did you just say about the best non-premium tier v battleship?

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Even more reason to compare, food for thought... Kongo dont face the same threats as the Odin...

At worse an ATL or Flint or a good schor... Therefor it survives longer even a potato can score decent in a match...

Odin has more offensive and defensive advantages the Kongo Wishes it had....

Odin is not in need of any buffs.  I was just objecting to the description of Kongo as a poor ship.  It is quite good, but I do suspect it has a higher skill cap than most BBs.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

Odin is not in need of any buffs.  I was just objecting to the description of Kongo as a poor ship.  It is quite good, but I do suspect it has a higher skill cap than most BBs.

In same tier yes...

In tier 6 match meh

Tier 7 match oh no she is not the best...

So in turn this is a perspective issue more then anything else... My perception is (IMO) the Kongo is a meh ship overall...

[WOLF7]
Members
1,379 posts

I would like for Odin to have more health. It's never going to happen because more health would probably make Odin OP. Has anyone got a screenshot of a Kongo match, co-op or random, where they survived and brought in numbers like this? BTW, this match is from this morning. Odin was money well spent. She looks unique and is fun to play.

image.thumb.png.f6e51e1f06778ce90b3c4349e34099aa.png

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
17 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

And Tirpitz at tier 8 has torpedoes, secondaries and..69300 HP, So yea..i unno what they hell they did with the odin. I love mine, buut...Tirpitz is better imo in every aspect. Still one of the best tier 8 premiums IMO.

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

In same tier yes...

In tier 6 match meh

So in turn this is a perspective issue more then anything else... My perception is (IMO) the Kongo is a meh ship overall...

I'd take Kongo over any Tier V BB, save perhaps Giulio Cesare, in a Tier VII match because only Kongo has speed to control her fate in a Tier VII match.

It is completely unreasonable to expect any ship to dominate when it is bottom tier.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
4 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

The second best is Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, comrade. 

tenor.gif

Yeah, no.  12" guns and 21 knots do not make for second best.  I am not saying it is bad, but it is very limiting to what you can do, call it a low skill ceiling.  Kongo's skill ceiling is much higher.

[WK]
1,932 posts
23,662 battles
33 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

I would like for Odin to have more health. It's never going to happen because more health would probably make Odin OP. Has anyone got a screenshot of a Kongo match, co-op or random, where they survived and brought in numbers like this? BTW, this match is from this morning. Odin was money well spent. She looks unique and is fun to play.

Well, it depends.  Was your Odin match a pure 8 or an 8-10 spread?  You have to remember that even if just pure 8, you have a lot more damage potential to deal vs T5 for the simple reason that ships at that tier have a lot more HP.  So to pull numbers like that would only be feasibly possible if Kongo is bottom tier.  Not saying impossible, just not likely.  That being said (and note it is a pure T5 Co-Op match in HSF Hiei):

shot-21_04.23_18_34.21-0855.thumb.jpg.0ecabed7392477aa239d5280b5e3dfd5.jpg

shot-21_04.23_18_34.23-0708.thumb.jpg.8231e3663844b884e6d9beed17d12c75.jpg

I have both Kongo and HSF Hiei spec'd exactly the same in Commanders skills and module selection.  I saw zero difference between their numbers so this should count. :Smile_Default:  I was only running eco flags, no specials.

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,450 battles

Ima let you finish, but Odin does not have the lowest HP pool at T8. That honor belongs to Champagne.

image.thumb.png.6767d658da421d3a1da6ff61fbe3bf2f.png

• Meh 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
1 minute ago, Volron said:

Well, it depends.  Was your Odin match a pure 8 or an 8-10 spread?  You have to remember that even if just pure 8, you have a lot more damage potential to deal vs T5 for the simple reason that ships at that tier have a lot more HP.  So to pull numbers like that would only be feasibly possible if Kongo is bottom tier.  Not saying impossible, just not likely.  That being said (and note it is a pure T5 Co-Op match in HSF Hiei):

shot-21_04.23_18_34.21-0855.thumb.jpg.0ecabed7392477aa239d5280b5e3dfd5.jpg

shot-21_04.23_18_34.23-0708.thumb.jpg.8231e3663844b884e6d9beed17d12c75.jpg

I have both Kongo and HSF Hiei spec'd exactly the same in Commanders skills and module selection.  I saw zero difference between their numbers so this should count. :Smile_Default:

That was co-op.  That doesn't count at all.

That said, I have had comparable Kongo class matches in PvP, but I don't have a screenshot of it.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WK]
1,932 posts
23,662 battles
12 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

That was co-op.  That doesn't count at all.

That said, I have had comparable Kongo class matches in PvP, but I don't have a screenshot of it.

I was responding to Ham's post specifically, not to topic in general.  He asked if anyone had a screenshot of a Kongo Co-Op or Random match of numbers similar to his Co-Op Odin match.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
50 minutes ago, Torenico said:

What the hell did you just say about the best non-premium tier v battleship?

Pyotr Velikiy and Konig would like a word.  Even Iron Duke wants to talk. Kongo has speed and good range and that is about it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,881 posts
22,402 battles
52 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Is this close? I know it's not a Kongo but personally I like the Oklahoma more and it's also Tier 5.  The Odin was also quite a beast in straight up T8 ranked. 

shot-21.03.27_14.01.34-0381.jpg

[-THG-]
Members
2,644 posts
8,035 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

In same tier yes...

In tier 6 match meh

tier 5 in a tier 7 match is a rough ride, but Kongo is certainly one of the best tier 5BB to be in.

If you compare her in some key assets:

In term of speed, she goes to 30 knots, where:

Conte Di Cavour 22 knot

Pyotr Veliky 265 knot

Bretagne 21 knot

New York 21 knot

Iron Duke 22.5 knot.

Konig: 24 knot

So she is the only battleship at tier 5 that have a speed similar to the average at tier 7 (in fact, very few are faster than her in BB), giving her the capacity to not be run down or left behind like the other tier 5.

Plus in term of range:

Kongo: 21.2 km

Conte Di Cabour: 16.1 km

Pyotr Veliki: 16 km

Bretagne: 18.1 km

New York: 18 km

Iron Duke: 16.8 km

Konig: 16.5 km

So she have more range and speed than any of the other tier 5 tech tree ships, making her quite capable when down tiered. Even in the case of tier 7 ship comparison, no battleship have more range, and the only ship quicker than her is Gneisenau.... Needless to say that the other tier 5 are forced to play with no possible retreat, armor that cannot withstand tier 7 ships and not enough gun range to have some sort of immunity.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
9,264 posts
7,537 battles
2 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

tier 5 in a tier 7 match is a rough ride, but Kongo is certainly one of the best tier 5BB to be in.

If you compare her in some key assets:

In term of speed, she goes to 30 knots, where:

Conte Di Cavour 22 knot

Pyotr Veliky 265 knot

Bretagne 21 knot

New York 21 knot

Iron Duke 22.5 knot.

Konig: 24 knot

So she is the only battleship at tier 5 that have a speed similar to the average at tier 7 (in fact, very few are faster than her in BB), giving her the capacity to not be run down or left behind like the other tier 5.

Plus in term of range:

Kongo: 21.2 km

Conte Di Cabour: 16.1 km

Pyotr Veliki: 16 km

Bretagne: 18.1 km

New York: 18 km

Iron Duke: 16.8 km

Konig: 16.5 km

So she have more range and speed than any of the other tier 5 tech tree ships, making her quite capable when down tiered. Even in the case of tier 7 ship comparison, no battleship have more range, and the only ship quicker than her is Gneisenau.... Needless to say that the other tier 5 are forced to play with no possible retreat, armor that cannot withstand tier 7 ships and not enough gun range to have some sort of immunity.

Dang, P. Veliky moving even faster than Graf Zeppelin's planes... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Russian bias for sure, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yes, I know, you made a little typo. I'm just having a little fun... lul. :cap_haloween:

• Haha 1

[-THG-]
Members
2,644 posts
8,035 battles
9 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Dang, P. Veliky moving even faster than Graf Zeppelin's planes... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Russian bias for sure, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yes, I know, you made a little typo. I'm just having a little fun... lul. :cap_haloween:

Oil boilers? We do not do that in Soviet Russa! Our glorious battleship use the people powered RBMK reactor to reach a greater speed than the fall of the USSR!

• Haha 1