You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Utt_Buggly

Cashing your German DD Tokens for Credits Might be a Mistake

13 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,532 battles

Like many of you, I’m not overwhelmed by the new German destroyers, and am looking to utilize the German DD Tokens elsewhere. A number of you have spoken about exchanging them for tokens, or letting them exchange automatically, when the event ends. I ran some numbers, and that may not be the most efficient exchange possible. If you buy signal flags from the armory, you might be shorting yourself. The math:

Per the armory right now: 600 Tokens cashed in for Credits will get you 1.26M credits.

Conversely, 540 Tokens (1.134M credits worth) cashed in for the +20% damage repair boost and -20% fire duration flags (two bundles at 270 tokens each)  will net 20 each of those flags. Buying that amount of those same flags with credits will cost 4.36M credits.

So, you can buy 4.36M worth of flags for Tokens that will net you about 1/4 of that in credits. Now, you can use your 50% flag discount coupons, and get that down to a 2:1 ratio, but it’s still a 2:1 loss, and you’re out the coupons, to boot.

Some of the other German DD Token offerings in the armory may be comparative bargains, as well. Check them out for yourself.

As a BB main, I’m always going through heal and fire flags. Something else may be useful for you.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[FRFR]
Members
1,674 posts

Thanks for this post.  I hadn’t run the numbers, but wasn’t impressed with the amount of credits you got for tokens.  I’m always short of speed flags, so I decided to grab a couple packs of those, and quite glad I did so!

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,622 battles

It's always best to spend tokens on consumables - if you aren't collecting them for the ships -  instead of letting them cash out for credits at the end of the event.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
1,380 posts
16,191 battles

I've been burning mine to get Victor Lima flags.  They are the most expensive combat flags out there, so...

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
3,599 posts
23,843 battles
2 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

I've been burning mine to get Victor Lima flags.  They are the most expensive combat flags out there, so...

That's where I use ALL of my signal discount coupons.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
1,349 posts
24,016 battles

I use every token, from every one of these goofy release events on whatever expendable camo is able to be bought with them.   On some of the events you can really buy a LOT of camo's.   Having a boatload of +100% xp ones really help when you're regrinding lines.  

[RLGN]
Members
19,117 posts
35,137 battles

Got the Italian BBs up to Doria, but usually just trade for camo and signals.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,366 battles

If I am not interested in the ships (and am definitely not in these KM DDs), then I always go for signal flags which are of more use to me than a port queen or three.

[WOLF8]
Members
900 posts
10,456 battles
3 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

My cruisers are almost always flagged with VLs.  I generally use the monthly coupons for VLs and a few others.  Any way I can stock more VLs...and basically for free, is a win-win for me, not so much for the soon-to-be BB Flambé :cap_haloween:

[FORM]
Members
3,058 posts
15,721 battles
4 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Per the armory right now: 600 Tokens cashed in for Credits will get you 1.26M credits.

Conversely, 540 Tokens (1.134M credits worth) cashed in for the +20% damage repair boost and -20% fire duration flags...

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it is always that way. The value of having them as credits is you can spend them on ANYTHING. But the fire flags are a particularly good deal IMO. Personally I'm just holding them all for now, hoping that maybe WG will have a "part 2" of it and have something even better than what's now available... since I don't "need" for anything that I can get currently anyway.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,532 battles
7 minutes ago, TheArc said:

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it is always that way. The value of having them as credits is you can spend them on ANYTHING. But the fire flags are a particularly good deal IMO. Personally I'm just holding them all for now, hoping that maybe WG will have a "part 2" of it and have something even better than what's now available... since I don't "need" for anything that I can get currently anyway.

I’ve never bothered before, because I’ve always had some modicum of interest in a new line. But not this time.

There usually is a part 2 of an event, but expect the offerings and the tokens to change, though.