You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elias_K_Grodin

Permission to Go Ashore

32 comments in this topic

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles

The Commandant is Tanking the Tanks - Enholm Heuristics

*pictured: An M1A1 from 1st Tank Battalion deploys from a US Navy Landing Craft Air Cushioned (LCAC) before being retired from active service at Camp Pendleton, CA - 02/17/2020

Ahoy Fleet!

To all that shall see this presents, greeting.

Know ye that reposing special trust and confidence in the integrity and abilities of @Gneisenau013, he is hereby transferred to the following shore command:

https://worldoftanks.com/

Effective: 04/26/21 - 05:01 UTC

After 3 years of fateful and often adrenaline pumping service, the time has come to disembark the ship and join the Tank Battalion to qualify and take on new challenges.

I wanted to personally say my tour of duty with World of Warships has been such a ride that has taken my career and gameplay to new heights.

I will still engage the enemy fleet during Naval Battles but will spend most of my tour of duty mounting up and rolling out!

Request permission to disembark the ship!

"I have just taken on a great responsibility. I will do my utmost to meet it." - Chester Nimitz, United States Navy

#semperfidelis

#rollout

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 7

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Ah, the continuing saga of our WOWS Mods and Admins coming and going. Have fun at your new job!

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles

We will miss you, @Gneisenau013 . May we meet in friendly competition on the salty pixel seas!

Give the landlubbers hell for us. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
Just now, Hey_man_Gneis_shot said:

I actually saw someone drown themselves playing WoT over the weekend.....

Subs in WoT confirmed WINK WINK? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

We used to bury tanks in battlefield hip deep in water then stand there repairing it. If you kept up with it and found that the enemy rounds do not do well in water before it hit the hull it becomes quite profitable. Liquid armor.

As a side note the USMC has permanently eliminated its entire armor, towed artillery and various other encumbrances. They have gone back to their Roots and adopted the long range coastal ship killing missiles *Under development So things will be interesting.

I still feel they will want their aircraft, tanks and towed arty back as their own soon enough.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
1 hour ago, Hey_man_Gneis_shot said:

*pictured: An M1A1 from 1st Tank Battalion deploys from a US Navy Landing Craft Air Cushioned (LCAC) before being retired from active service at Camp Pendleton, CA - 02/17/2020

Ahoy Fleet!

Know ye that reposing special trust and confidence in the integrity and abilities of @Gneisenau013, he is hereby transferred to the following shore command:

After 3 years of fateful and often adrenaline pumping service, the time has come to disembark the ship and join the Tank Battalion to qualify and take on new challenges.

I wanted to personally say my tour of duty with World of Warships has been such a ride that has taken my career and gameplay to new heights.

I will still engage the enemy fleet during Naval Battles but will spend most of my tour of duty mounting up and rolling out!

"I have just taken on a great responsibility. I will do my utmost to meet it." - Chester Nimitz, United States Navy

#semperfidelis

#rollout

I thought the Marines got rode of all there tanks? 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
10 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

The picture is from February of last year.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,666 posts
30,344 battles

Having drowned several times in WoT, I'm sure you will not miss the water there.

May be some day I will reinstall WoT and see you there.

Hope you enjoy your new assignment

Have a great time

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,512 posts
26,920 battles

Congratulations! Been awhile since seen you in game but when I did, was fun. Good luck over in WoT :Smile_honoring: :cap_like:

[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
20,102 battles
2 hours ago, Hey_man_Gneis_shot said:

Ahoy Fleet!

#semperfidelis

#rollout

Shipmate,

Fair Winds and Following Seas on your transfer to shore duty! Your presence and participation will be missed!

I have the watch. Permission to disembark granted.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Yes, June of 2020 was when the final M1A1 departed MCAGCC 29-Palms. CA eastward towards the US Army depot in Alabama.

https://www.stripes.com/news/marine-corps/a-farewell-to-armor-marine-corps-shuts-down-tank-units-hauls-away-m1a1s-1.639355

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
14 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Shipmate,

Fair Winds and Following Seas on your transfer to shore duty! Your presence and participation will be missed!

I have the watch. Permission to disembark granted.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thank you Chief! I stand relieved!

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

Don't worry, you can't escape me there :Smile-_tongue:

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
591 posts
8,819 battles
4 hours ago, Hey_man_Gneis_shot said:

I actually saw someone drown themselves playing WoT over the weekend.....

You better get used to it :Smile_teethhappy:

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
5 hours ago, Hey_man_Gneis_shot said:

Ahoy Fleet!

#semperfidelis

#rollout

We been through a lot

• Past "scandals"
  • Growing Family
  • Moving from CA to TX to pursue the work in WOWS..

In the end, I've seen you grow and mature from that young liability recruit to valued asset...

Now you're off to join @tragicloss and the crew of WOT... I say its about time for a change (again).

Take care Devil Dog. You're relieved from your post...

Wishing you god speed at your new command...

NP33..

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
17 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

We been through a lot

• Past "scandals"
  • Growing Family
  • Moving from CA to TX to pursue the work in WOWS..

In the end, I've seen you grow and mature from that young liability recruit to valued asset...

Now you're off to join @tragicloss and the crew of WOT... I say its about time for a change (again).

Take care Devil Dog. You're relieved from your post...

Wishing you god speed at your new command...

NP33..

@Navalpride33 appreciate it! It has been a wild ride so far from CA to TX!

image.jpeg.ae206bf12315931eea308ff242a5c9b2.jpeg

Now I just need to get used to the bipolar weather here!

#rollout