You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

Replay Analysis - P. E. Friedrich Bottom Tier CV game - Securing the flank Shards S. Spawn 790 10.3

4 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,522 posts
28,454 battles

@DeadliestIdiot was extremely disappointed by the lack of death pics last week. Therefore, he shared this game where his death pic gives us all a chance to discuss:
- Securing the flank
- Exposure to multiple enemies
- Overextending

Despite dying, his team can still pull out the win... will they?

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

I use the frederich for Operations.

Overall its a very sweet battleship with reliable armor where you can judge the upcoming enemy ships and apply firepower while estimating your own losses. I think its Sun Tzu or Clausewitz that says dont fight a battle or war without counting the losses first. I tend to fight on the Clausewitz model. The game does not allow for really higher order thinking in a fight.

It is a very good ship and I am very pleased with her. In time that commander will be a 21. Its already advanced three levels since I got him at 10.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
1,381 posts
16,212 battles

I've been having quite a bit of fun with PEF in randoms.  I am bouncing my one German 21-point commander around between Z-52, Pommern, Tirpitz, Z-44, T-61, and PEF.  So he has full secondary build, and PEF is one of the few ships that actually has improved secondaries after the commander skill rework.  They went from 7.6 km to 8.5 km range, and the accuracy now gets buffed by 35% with manual secondaries, instead of on 15%.  The ship is maneuverable, and 28 second reload on main guns is not bad for tier VI.  And the AA is actually decent (for what it's worth).

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,522 posts
28,454 battles

Glad to see others are enjoying the PEF, too! She's one of those ships that just clicks with me :)