You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Heart of a Lion.

5 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles

I meant to put this one up on Friday but events supervened, and by the time everything was up and running again it had slipped my mind. 

The enemy BBs took a hefty chunk out of my airplanes and left me with not much at the end when being able to throw more at the enemy might have made a difference.

Props go to the enemy Asashios. In the load-in phase I used the words "The Asashios aren't much of a threat", but this was specifically in reference to their AA firepower. They weren't even in div, but they worked together so nicely that they might as well have been. One of them sank only one ship before dying in comparison to his colleague's four and I incorrectly labelled him a potato, but he surprised me at the end by being top of his team. Just goes to show, kills aren't everything.

Shout-out also to our Kidds and Bismarck, which fought hard (one of the Kidds exceptionally so) to try and claw it back. We just lost too many people too quickly to be able to turn things around... but I'll be damned if some of us didn't try our hardest.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

But did any of them have the wings of a bat with the heart of lion?

If they'd sold the Halloween camo for the Shokaku up front, I would have paid dubs for it.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If they'd sold the Halloween camo for the Shokaku up front, I would have paid dubs for it.

Even if I have that I’ve never used it...

...it’s the only thing that offends my sense of carrier design aesthetics more than HMS Furious.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

...it’s the only thing that offends my sense of carrier design aesthetics more than HMS Furious.

Furious's bizarreness probably comes from having transitioned through multiple separate forms (both in conception and in service) before becoming a full CV, something which is also obvious in Kaga (and the German CVs in-game for completeness, but none of them was ever built in metal and even Graf Zeppelin was only ever partially built).