You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

New World of Warships Trailer

44 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice trailer but also a bit of a weird split in terms of the target demographic.

Showing the mechanics and how they affect the ships in battle caters more to older, more methodical players; personally that was my favourite part.

Meanwhile the music and some of the CGI seems to be targeted at younger audiences. 

Overall liked it but somewhat torn as I don't find it convincing enough for both demographics.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Boring 2

[1EJ]
Members
131 posts
33,588 battles

Very Nice. I like it!

It catches the essence of the game with a flavor of the rock group Queen...We Will Rock You.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,716 posts
26,569 battles

It's impressive but I can't help but notice a torpedo glancing off, this can't happen in game

• Cool 9

[MCCAL]
Members
178 posts
6,275 battles

I want to know when does the movie come out!...lol.   It was great...whoever put this together knows their stuff.  I was impressed.

• Meh 1

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,044 posts
32,986 battles

It would be awesome to see that replace the opening cinematic we've had for so many years.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,653 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

It's impressive but I can't help but notice a torpedo glancing off, this can't happen in game

That's what I was thinking. I've never had a torpedo glance off my bote!

• Cool 2

[GROVR]
Members
232 posts
15,358 battles

i'd like to see that kind of effort be put into something that is actually good for the game. like...i don't know....maybe more scenarios?

just a thought...........

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[DCMA]
[DCMA]
Members
42 posts
25,267 battles

hay WG guess u got time for this so WHERE are the OPERATIONS?????? You lie to us and break promises ALL the time to ur CUSTOMERS. Maybe if u wernt MONEY LAUNDERING with russain mob we would have good game again? https://amicohoops.net/us-law-enforcement-agencies-have-launched-an-investigation-of-the-illegal-activities-of-globalmoney-llc-and-wargaming-llc-and-their-management/

• Boring 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Agree.

Great video; suggestions:

The one vs one ship viewpoint was a little misleading, I think it may have looked better if you showed the layered 'team' gameplay (especially with KOTS presently ongoing). Maybe 2 DDs tussling with the supporting 2 ships in the video helping - just before one dies he spots the enemy DD launching torps and he signals the friendly fleet (the torp once seen always seen dynamic). The cruiser could then swerve and miss the torps (more accurate to the around 10% average hit rate for torps).

It could then show the remaining injured DD returning to port (irony(?) but not to far from truth lol), then you can have the view of the 2 ships we see in the clip battling it out; if that was done a little quicker, you could also have time for a BB coming up in support, but then spotted by a CVs planes who attack and hit (maybe could have showcased the new bouncing bombs (kerching cash opportunity missed WG!)).

As stated, the video is great, just trying to think of a way to promote the team play and the different ship type interaction of the game. :Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
19,137 posts
35,173 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

1 hour ago, Khafni said:

That's what I was thinking. I've never had a torpedo glance off my bote!

Now, now... Just a fancy depiction of torpedo beats, or Greyhound beats? or King scared BuOrd so much they defected to Japan to offer their ‘advice’ on torpedo design?

[-NEM-]
Members
1,108 posts
13,358 battles
1 hour ago, stretch0069 said:

i'd like to see that kind of effort be put into something that is actually good for the game. like...i don't know....maybe more scenarios?

just a thought...........

1 hour ago, Get_of_Fenris said:

hay WG guess u got time for this so WHERE are the OPERATIONS?????? You lie to us and break promises ALL the time to ur CUSTOMERS. Maybe if u wernt MONEY LAUNDERING with russain mob we would have good game again? https://amicohoops.net/us-law-enforcement-agencies-have-launched-an-investigation-of-the-illegal-activities-of-globalmoney-llc-and-wargaming-llc-and-their-management/

Not defending WG, but the Cinematic department is not in charge of creating operations. Even if they stop doing videos or collaborations, Operations will remain in the same spot unless the department in charge decides so.

Edited by hanesco
  • Cool 4
  • Sad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

According to WG, legends are made using lots and lots of math. :cap_yes:

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,228 posts
29,210 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

According to WG, legends are made using lots and lots of math. :cap_yes:

Yes but they keep coming up with things like 2+2=5 and find a way to make us pay for it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,716 posts
26,569 battles
1 hour ago, hanesco said:

Not defending WG, but the Cinematic department is not in charge of creating operations. Even if they stop doing videos or collaborations, Operations will remain in the same spot unless the department in charge decides so.

People here believe that WG is a handful of guys in a shed, rather than a large corporation with different departments that operate independently.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,885 posts
17,673 battles

once again, the CGI and art department(i assume they worked on this as well) are breaking their backs carrying this company

• Cool 1

[DKL]
[DKL]
Members
7 posts
3,274 battles

Really enjoyed that. Shows how much work/information goes into every single aspect/action of the game. Probably more information than most players know, but it's an awesome nerd out!!!

[-NEM-]
Members
1,108 posts
13,358 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

once again, the CGI and art department(i assume they worked on this as well) are breaking their backs carrying this company

I think there is a Cinematic department, in charge of all Video Production. But the CG in this one is definitely impressive. Hats off to whoever participated in this.

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Money laundering is a pretty serious charge here after reading the post.  Also whether its the advertising dept or art dept...its all part of Wargaming so all are complicit and affect any charges if and when they apply. 

This is all too early to tell how it will affect the company insofar as if it affects the whole company in whole or apply in  sections of responsibility.  Have to wait for further developments as this was announced. 

[-NEM-]
Members
1,108 posts
13,358 battles
22 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

Money laundering is a pretty serious charge here after reading the post.  Also whether its the advertising dept or art dept...its all part of Wargaming so all are complicit and affect any charges if and when they apply. 

This is all too early to tell how it will affect the company insofar as if it affects the whole company in whole or apply in  sections of responsibility.  Have to wait for further developments as this was announced. 

I did not refer to the money laundering accusation because this is not what is discussed here. But of course it is a serious charge.

Members
28 posts
10,971 battles

Good afternoon.

Please,I kindly ask you to pay attention to the correct name of the ships, as the ship in the video is Myoko and not Mogami.

image.thumb.png.b311a59cfa263cf1e3fdb5ba052b2abd.png

image.thumb.png.eb4982ebc2425ee6dcd5e92a93743f8a.png

Myoko:

image.thumb.png.276373a7fdfade94a94f5bb0d4b4ade3.png

Mogami:

wow_mogami.php

• Meh 1

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

You put the comment about the money laundering info in your reply.    Whether thats the primary subject matter does not matter afterwards.