Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jchk0918

Think twice before you buy the hsf commanders

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

53
[HKENL]
Members
69 posts
22,743 battles

In 0.8.0 some voice lines were added due to the cv rework.

Also in 0.8.8 wg changed how the voiceover modifications work.

Since the hsf voice pack does not include these new voice lines, the voiceovers are currently broken.

Affected lines of some (not all) hsf commanders include:

Battle begins line (no audio)

Scouting request line (no audio)

Catapult Fighter launched line (replaced by a male voice)

Auto-pilot enabled line (incomplete line)

(And probably more)

...

So you need to think twice before buying the hsf commanders, they are unfinished products.

And I guess they may not be fixed soon.

Edited by jchk0918
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,004
[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
1 hour ago, jchk0918 said:

And I guess wg is not going to fix them in the foreseeable future.

Maybe instead of having that sort of attitude, you could put this in the bug report section and thereby alert WG to the fact. They certainly don't want to sour their relationship with HSF, and if there's an issue they will want to know so it CAN be fixed.

@Hapa_Fodder, tagging you to let you know there seems to be a problem.

 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[HKENL]
Members
69 posts
22,743 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe instead of having that sort of attitude, you could put this in the bug report section and thereby alert WG to the fact. They certainly don't want to sour their relationship with HSF, and if there's an issue they will want to know so it CAN be fixed.

@Hapa_Fodder, tagging you to let you know there seems to be a problem.

 

Last year ARP collaboration had the similar issue, me and my friends sent some tickets to report the bugs but both of us received no response.

But the problems had solved in this year collaboration because they included some new voice lines.

Unless wg records the lines again (which is impossible), they cannot be fixed (for example audio file regarding the F6 to F10 commands are not existed).

So I just want to give a friendly reminder here.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,137
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,659 battles
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe instead of having that sort of attitude, You could put this in the bug report section and thereby alert WG to the fact. They certainly don't want to sour their relationship with HSF, and if there's an issue they will want to know so it CAN be fixed.

@Hapa_Fodder, tagging you to let you know there seems to be a problem.

 

Fixed this for you. Now you don't sound like a condescending parent! :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,004 posts
8,620 battles
51 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe instead of having that sort of attitude, you could put this in the bug report section and thereby alert WG to the fact. They certainly don't want to sour their relationship with HSF, and if there's an issue they will want to know so it CAN be fixed.

@Hapa_Fodder, tagging you to let you know there seems to be a problem.

 

you think they don't know.  Come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,004
[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Now you don't sound like a condescending parent!

I don't care what I sound like. OP's final para showed a bad attitude and I called him on it... and if WG does fix it in the foreseeable future, he'll be left looking like a fool.

4 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

you think they don't know.  Come on.

I'm taking the OP at his strongly implied word that they don't know.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,327
[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't care what I sound like. OP's final para showed a bad attitude and I called him on it... and if WG does fix it in the foreseeable future, he'll be left looking like a fool.

I'm taking the OP at his strongly implied word that they don't know.

I don't know what's worse in this case however; 

If they knew and didn't care it's pretty bad and cynical. A disclaimer could have been included that certain lines could be missing and fixed at a later date.

 

If they didn't know then nobody on behalf of WG decided to playtest to make sure the voiceover works properly for all scenarios. Something for which people receive salaries.

No way you cut it, it's a bad move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,004
[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles

I just thought of something. All of these commanders were offered for sale last year IIRC, AFTER the patch OP describes, so why is this suddenly an issue now?

Things I want clarified:

1) Did the OP buy this year's bundle and find a problem that wasn't there before, or is the problem the OP is reporting an older one that was unresolved?

2) OP admits that a similar issue with the ARP commanders was fixed...

1 hour ago, jchk0918 said:

But the problems had solved in this year collaboration because they included some new voice lines.

...but seems to despair of this issue being sorted out. Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,167
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I just thought of something. All of these commanders were offered for sale last year IIRC, AFTER the patch OP describes, so why is this suddenly an issue now?

It was a problem then, and it is again because WG is selling the commanders again.

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:
2 hours ago, jchk0918 said:

But the problems had solved in this year collaboration because they included some new voice lines.

...but seems to despair of this issue being sorted out. Why?

When the ARP commanders went up for sale again WG had fixed the issue.  When the HSF commanders went back on sale the same problem continues.  Surely you can see the difference.

WG is selling these commanders incomplete, there is no reason to defend WG, or attack the op.  They have every right to be disappointed and voice it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,529
[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
20,081 battles
4 hours ago, jchk0918 said:

In 0.8.0 some voice lines were added due to the cv rework.

Also in 0.8.8 wg changed how the voiceover modifications work.

Since the hsf voice pack does not include these new voice lines, the voiceovers are currently broken.

Affected lines of some (not all) hsf commanders include:

Battle begins line (no audio)

Scouting request line (no audio)

Catapult Fighter launched line (replaced by a male voice)

Auto-pilot enabled line (incomplete line)

(And probably more)

...

So you need to think twice before buying the hsf commanders, they are unfinished products.

And I guess wg is not going to fix them in the foreseeable future.

So firstly, this is the first time I have heard about this.

Secondly thank you for bringing this up, I am actually writing reports today and will put this into that report.

Also I have moved this to our Bug report/Support section so we make sure we have better visibility of it.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[HKENL]
Members
69 posts
22,743 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm taking the OP at his strongly implied word that they don't know.

I am not a native English speaker so I am not sure if I have used some strongly implied words.

I apologize if you find my expressions offensive.

2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1) Did the OP buy this year's bundle and find a problem that wasn't there before, or is the problem the OP is reporting an older one that was unresolved?

This is an old problem.

There were a few posts discussing the voice pack "bugs" in local game forum.

I am surprised that no one have reported such issues in the NA or EU forums since last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,004
[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

there is no reason to defend WG,

There is every reason to defend WG when so many of the criticisms made against it seem (from the inflammatory language in which they are written; not necessarily talking about this one but there are plenty of others) to be born purely out of spite.

  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,167
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There is every reason to defend WG when so many of the criticisms made against it seem (from the inflammatory language in which they are written; not necessarily talking about this one but there are plenty of others) to be born purely out of spite.

I can agree with you about spite from many people.  This person's criticism seemed valid to me, so your posts felt out of place.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,529
[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
20,081 battles
8 hours ago, jchk0918 said:

In 0.8.0 some voice lines were added due to the cv rework.

Also in 0.8.8 wg changed how the voiceover modifications work.

Since the hsf voice pack does not include these new voice lines, the voiceovers are currently broken.

Affected lines of some (not all) hsf commanders include:

Battle begins line (no audio)

Scouting request line (no audio)

Catapult Fighter launched line (replaced by a male voice)

Auto-pilot enabled line (incomplete line)

(And probably more)

...

So you need to think twice before buying the hsf commanders, they are unfinished products.

And I guess they may not be fixed soon.

 

3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So firstly, this is the first time I have heard about this.

Secondly thank you for bringing this up, I am actually writing reports today and will put this into that report.

Also I have moved this to our Bug report/Support section so we make sure we have better visibility of it.

-Hapa

So I am playing a battle in a Kii with Mei and all the voice overs are working.

Do you have any mods loaded?

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,150
[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

*laughs in voicemodding*

Part of the issue could be that the mod.xml for High School Fleet contains all the voice lines for all the characters, rather then it being separated into individual voice packs.
As you can see here for the "Battle Start" event, it's all just one big happy family block

Spoiler

<ExternalEvent>
            <Name>Play_Start_Battle</Name>
            <Container>
                <Name>Voice</Name>
                <ExternalId>VStart_Battle</ExternalId>
                <Path>
                    <StateList>
                        <State>
                            <Name>CrewName</Name>
                            <Value>Akeno_Mashiro</Value>
                        </State>
                    </StateList>
                    <FilesList>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Akeno_Mashiro_Lets_Battle_3.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Akeno_Mashiro_Lets_Battle_1.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Akeno_Mashiro_Lets_Battle_2.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                    </FilesList>
                </Path>
                <Path>
                    <StateList>
                        <State>
                            <Name>CrewName</Name>
                            <Value>Isoroku</Value>
                        </State>
                    </StateList>
                    <FilesList>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Isoroku_Lets_Battle_3.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Isoroku_Lets_Battle_1.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Isoroku_Lets_Battle_2.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                    </FilesList>
                </Path>
                <Path>
                    <StateList>
                        <State>
                            <Name>CrewName</Name>
                            <Value>Mina_Thea</Value>
                        </State>
                    </StateList>
                    <FilesList>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Mina_Thea_Lets_Battle_3.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Mina_Thea_Lets_Battle_1.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                        <File>
                            <Name>Mina_Thea_Lets_Battle_2.wem</Name>
                        </File>
                    </FilesList>
                </Path>

All it takes is one slip up somewhere in here and your 22,563 lines of code now have a lil bug scurrying around in it. And what likely happened is that this bug was introduced during the overhaul as part of a template where Weegee was like "Just use this and change the names of the files", which to be fair would work just fine so long as the template works. But hey, manually checking 22,563 lines of code with the Type-A Ocular Sphere is tedious work and time is money

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×