You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fermzt90

lousy matchmaking when playing split

34 comments in this topic

[WOWA-]
Members
5 posts
6,129 battles

the matchmaking is very badly balanced when I am playing with a friend the tier should not exceed the 2 levels

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

Or just play the same tier, and if you cant have your division mate play the same tier.

The tier didnt exceed two levels either, it uses the highest tiered ship in the division.

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
13 minutes ago, fermzt90 said:

the matchmaking is very badly balanced when I am playing with a friend the tier should not exceed the 2 levels

image.png

In your effort to leave names out of the image, you also left any division data out as well.  And the rules of divisioning are such that the battle tier that a division can face is based on the highest tier ship in the div, not the lowest tier ship.  In short, its your division's fault that the Atlanta ended up in a tier 10 battle, not WG's fault.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

It appears you were divisioned with the Kidd. In which case, the highest tier you can see is 8 + 2 = 10.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Matchmaking#Divisions

When placing divisions in a match, Match Maker will only consider the highest tier ship's Match Making tier range for purposes of tier placement.

Otherwise, people would purposely do off-tier divs for matchmaking benefits. At the moment, the only people who do well at fail-divs are the ones who intentionally do it for weighted matches (i.e. Paolo Emilio + 2 Tier 10 BBs or T8 CV and 2 Musashi)

Edited by Compassghost
  • Thanks 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

The Red BBs when they saw the lineup...

f35.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,512 posts
26,887 battles

Classic fail div. I’ve done them. Played my T4 Clemson with a div mate in a T5 and ended up in a T7 match.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
2 hours ago, fermzt90 said:

image.png

Fail DIV... This is not a MM issue, its a Failed DIV issue... Now if you're saying you want to change the MM for Failed DIV, I disagree with your assertion.

If you're saying MM failed.. I again have to Disagree, MM is working as intended...

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,155 posts
30,906 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

In your effort to leave names out of the image, you also left any division data out as well.  And the rules of divisioning are such that the battle tier that a division can face is based on the highest tier ship in the div, not the lowest tier ship.  In short, its your division's fault that the Atlanta ended up in a tier 10 battle, not WG's fault.

Imagine if we could WIN DIV by divisioning up a Tier VIII ship with a Tier IX Musashi, Jean Bart, Kitakaze, etc. to go down and face Tier VI ships!

9-Putin-Laughing-Gif.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Funny 1

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles

fermzt:

5 hours ago, fermzt90 said:

the matchmaking is very badly balanced

Also fermzt:

5 hours ago, fermzt90 said:

image.png

:fish_palm:

Members
633 posts
4,288 battles

That whole MM match up is weird. Tier 10 DD across from a tier 8 cruiser? Austin across from a Vlad? Are these follow-on MM effects from the fail div? Does the MM freak out and give up?

Or is it a population issue? Yesterday I was in a game where my team got 2x tier 6 DDs and a tier 5 DD, while the reds got 2x5s and 1 tier 6. No fail divs.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
48 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

The longer players are in queue, the more relaxed the MM rules get.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The longer players are in queue, the more relaxed the MM rules get.

Yeah, TBH, almost every time I see a fail div, MM is able to find one for the other team 

Members
525 posts
12,587 battles

Instead of complaining being severely uptiered, I want to murmur about the maximum number of DDs. A match of more than 8 DDs is actually much less fun because it is very likely to end within 10 minutes. The ideal number of BB/CA/DD is 8/10/6. 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
1 hour ago, Impitoyable_5929_x said:

Instead of complaining being severely uptiered, I want to murmur about the maximum number of DDs. A match of more than 8 DDs is actually much less fun because it is very likely to end within 10 minutes. The ideal number of BB/CA/DD is 8/10/6. 

That picture is a queue dump.  Caused by the Atlanta.

One team has 5 BBs, the other 5 DDs, both teams have 11 players.

That is completely imbalanced.

(Even by WG standards).

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
1 hour ago, Impitoyable_5929_x said:

I'm not sure that I can agree with this.  DDs are critical scouting units, particularly in battles without CVs.  In my experience, at least in higher tier (no CV) battles, battles without any DDs in the starting lineups tend to be VERY slow paced because the two teams are ultra cautious about moving towards the enemy.  DDs fill a critical scouting role on these teams.  So, I'm wary of reducing the number of  DDs per team.  OTOH, I have no problem with reducing the number of BBs by 1 and increasing the number of cruisers by 1.

[3ND-A]
Members
40 posts
23,425 battles
19 hours ago, fermzt90 said:

image.png

My issue is the amount of DDs in this game. Too much smoke and not enough radar. If you don't have radar or a CV on the team, then DDs just run around unchallenged.

Beta Testers
1,016 posts
13,711 battles
21 hours ago, fermzt90 said:

image.png

You queued up with a T8. You got his MM.

Beta Testers
1,016 posts
13,711 battles
10 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

That whole MM match up is weird. Tier 10 DD across from a tier 8 cruiser? Austin across from a Vlad? Are these follow-on MM effects from the fail div? Does the MM freak out and give up?

Or is it a population issue? Yesterday I was in a game where my team got 2x tier 6 DDs and a tier 5 DD, while the reds got 2x5s and 1 tier 6. No fail divs.

It was a fail division issue yeah MM gets weird with those.

Members
1,030 posts
21 hours ago, Itsa_Me_Stalio said:

If you've ever heard the term fail div, this is it.

not really a fail div. If their kidd knows where to smoke and the atlanta is good with map positioning pretty sure they could farm a little damage.

Members
43 posts
9,835 battles
11 minutes ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

not really a fail div. If their kidd knows where to smoke and the atlanta is good with map positioning pretty sure they could farm a little damage.

It is when they're complaining about the matchmaking. Not to mention the much better options for doing such a division

[FORM]
Members
3,080 posts
15,807 battles
22 hours ago, fermzt90 said:

MM always pulls based on the higher tier. It has to be that way or players could manipulate the MM too easily.