You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LiskaBystrouska

Too much camo

21 comments in this topic

[SLFF]
[SLFF]
Members
973 posts
64,742 battles

I seem to accumulate huge quantities of camouflage from completing missions.  I seldom run my Tier I-IV ships, many of my Tier Vs and all my VI+ have permanent camo.  As I seldom use more than 3 or 4 expendable camouflages a day, my paint locker is overloaded.  I counted over 2,300 camos.  I could sell them for credits (about 96,000,000), but I already have over 350,000,000 of those.  It would be nice if we had the option of choosing coal or something as a reward for finishing a mission, rather than trying to find room aboard for more 55-gallon drums of paint.

Camo1.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,962 posts
5,224 battles

Sounds like a First World problem to me.  :Smile_glasses:

"Too much loot."  It's not possible!

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
24 minutes ago, LiskaBystrouska said:

I seem to accumulate huge quantities of camouflage from completing missions.  I seldom run my Tier I-IV ships, many of my Tier Vs and all my VI+ have permanent camo.  As I seldom use more than 3 or 4 expendable camouflages a day, my paint locker is overloaded.  I counted over 2,300 camos.  I could sell them for credits (about 96,000,000), but I already have over 350,000,000 of those.  It would be nice if we had the option of choosing coal or something as a reward for finishing a mission, rather than trying to find room aboard for more 55-gallon drums of paint.

Camo1.png

If you would kindly pack them onto a convoy of liberty ships or C3 cargo ships and ship them to me, I would appreciate it!

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,538 posts

would love to turn some of those into perm ... 

charge me lotsa gold but let me pick the bonuses the camo and for what ship it goes on

Members
3,342 posts
3,044 battles
1 hour ago, LiskaBystrouska said:

my paint locker is overloaded.  I counted over 2,300 camos.  I could sell them for credits (about 96,000,000), but I already have over 350,000,000 of those.  It would be nice if we had the option of choosing coal or something

Wait until the Auction comes out. I'll give you coal for some of those.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
3 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

Wait until the Auction comes out. I'll give you coal for some of those.

The auction won't be amongst players (aka ..you can't sell anything in the auction)...

It's just WG putting things up for sale w/a minimum bid & no ceiling on how much a player can spend to get them.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
5 hours ago, LiskaBystrouska said:

Camo1.png

Over 6k last time I counted...& that was a loooong time ago...

But I used to never use them& just run the type 2 & 3...have started using them since new years when I started playing steadily again...so might have put a dent in that number...will have to check again next time I log in.

Members
3,342 posts
3,044 battles
28 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The auction won't be amongst players (aka ..you can't sell anything in the auction)...

Funny, for some reason I thought you could actually auction things off... :Smile_sceptic:

There's stuff I want, I have currency to get rid of, and an upgraded KMS Konigsberg to auction off, come on Wargaming!:cap_horn:

• Funny 1

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

I wish I had as much of the Canada camo as the other camos I have, I'd trade them all for an equal amount of Canada camo

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles

i see no problems here. carry on.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:56 AM, LiskaBystrouska said:

Camo1.png

two things actually I forgot how cluttered it used to look with none of the camos sorted, and they were in different spots for every ship almost.

glad they standardized it.

and i forgot these, it had the prices listed in the window, I had forgotten about it.

image.png.280dc208e2ca746508ee41ad431954c1.png

and now knowing what I know that is a beautiful stack of 158 Restless paint. 88 Hunters I think I see, 138 MT-22's(+20%CR)?

I don't seem to see revolutionary...maybe this guy

image.png.ae76cef595e21deadda3ae1858ed162c.png

I need wiki, who is this guy?

image.png.c3f45299047d19b7e96fd28019415107.png

Edited by iamSamoth

[WPORT]
Members
20,598 posts
22,563 battles
55 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

i see no problems here. carry on.

two things actually I forgot how cluttered it used to look with none of the camos sorted, and they were in different spots for every ship almost.

glad they standardized it.

and i forgot these, it had the prices listed in the window, I had forgotten about it.

image.png.280dc208e2ca746508ee41ad431954c1.png

and now knowing what I know that is a beautiful stack of 158 Restless paint. 88 Hunters I think I see, 138 MT-22's(+20%CR)?

I don't seem to see revolutionary...maybe this guy

image.png.ae76cef595e21deadda3ae1858ed162c.png

Hovering the mouse over the camo icon should allow a pop-up window with a name to appear.

Alternatively, you could look it up in the "Inventory" section of your port.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles
41 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Hovering the mouse over the camo icon should allow a pop-up window with a name to appear.

Alternatively, you could look it up in the "Inventory" section of your port.

thanks, I realize wiki is likely my best option, but how would I hover my mouse over a paint I do not have? Tricky... ;p

[PHD]
Members
472 posts
24,700 battles
2 hours ago, iamSamoth said:

Looks like Azur Lane - Siren.  No idea where I got mine.

1.jpg.ce70f2a47bb4e40c07b2080f631a184f.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
20,598 posts
22,563 battles
1 hour ago, iamSamoth said:

thanks, I realize wiki is likely my best option, but how would I hover my mouse over a paint I do not have? Tricky... ;p

I must have missed the part where you mentioned that you didn't actually have the camo in question.  :-D

Gee.  If only some people had created a reference for us to consult and learn more about camouflages, eh?  :-)

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage

[WOLFG]
Members
17,089 posts
20,381 battles

I just wish there was a way to combine like camouflages.  

I have like 5 types of 100%XP/100%CXP camos.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,832 posts
30,514 battles

I have a huge amount of one use camos too. Recently, mainly due to Auctions, I have taken to selling quite a few to keep my credit reserves up. I sell anything that does not have a +100% XP bonus or better. I had thought about doing the same thing with signals but with the recent changes, decided to hold off on selling any of those even though I have tens of thousands of signal flags. 

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles
2 hours ago, Potohto928 said:

Looks like Azur Lane - Siren.  No idea where I got mine.

1.jpg.ce70f2a47bb4e40c07b2080f631a184f.jpg

very kind of you thank you! Looks cool, seems like it's neon. super vibrant.

Edited by iamSamoth

[WPORT]
Members
20,598 posts
22,563 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have a huge amount of one use camos too. Recently, mainly due to Auctions, I have taken to selling quite a few to keep my credit reserves up. I sell anything that does not have a +100% XP bonus or better. I had thought about doing the same thing with signals but with the recent changes, decided to hold off on selling any of those even though I have tens of thousands of signal flags. 

That's fine, and a reasonable way to manage your inventory.

I've stopped spending doubloons, including doubloons for permanent camouflages.

So, when a ship arrives in my Port, I am glad to have one-time-use camouflages ready and available for them to sail with.
In some low-tier situations, I've decided to not bother using camouflage.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I must have missed the part where you mentioned that you didn't actually have the camo in question.  :-D

Gee.  If only some people had created a reference for us to consult and learn more about camouflages, eh?  :-)

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage

i know, i know, I am supposed to be trying to finish dailies....

and I didn't want to go looking at paints an get my self further distracted. :)

and I prefaced my statement slightly....

image.png.0df664f80f13342396c930ecddbf849e.png

If I drift off to paints I wont come back for an hour... ;p

trying to keep things moving along this morn.

Edited by iamSamoth

[WPORT]
Members
20,598 posts
22,563 battles
1 minute ago, iamSamoth said:

i know, i know, I am supposed to be trying to finish dailies....

and I didn't want to go looking at paints an get my self further distracted. :)

:Smile_veryhappy:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
On 4/24/2021 at 1:56 PM, LiskaBystrouska said:

more 55-gallon drums of paint.

I too have an overabundance of camouflage. This is probably due to the fact that I only play a handful of ships and don't try to grind up through the various ship lines. Occasionally, a camo comes in handy if I need extra XP for a mission or something but most of them just languish in their locker. I do find some interesting to look at, however -- sometimes I put different camos on my ships just to see what they would look like. I like the School Bus camo just to "take pictures" of my ships in it and thus try not to use it.