You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Allow Players To Dismiss Missions & Collections In Port

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles

@Hapa_Fodder I am tagging you in on this as I seem to recall you mentioning something like this in the past that you had thought of and I thought it would be good to bring it up again.

As the title says. And please note that I am not starting a debate here, or intentionally complaining about, mission compatibility or Collection completion outside of PVP. That is another topic and not the point I am making even if it plays into this and is part of the core issue. That is for another day BUT it will be part of my post as it is at the core of the issue in part and can't be left out totally.

Missions:

It would be nice if we could delete missions that for whatever reason we don't want to do or can't do. For missions it just clutters things up when undesirable or incompletable missions are there and players can actually miss new missions if we don't constantly keep track of the # showing so we know if something new arrives.

Let me use my own Port for Combat Missions as an example for this...

• Combat Mission tab shows 15 total missions. Those missions are...
    • Reoccurring (1)
    • Combat (7)
    • Dockyard (6)
    • Ranked (1)

I don't play Ranked so it would be nice to just delete those missions in their entirety. I don't need them and will never even start them let alone complete them; I don't even look at them tbh. It's great for those who play the mode (seriously) and all but what do I need with them? It just inflates the Mission # for me with things I will never do and don't want. I am pretty sure I have seen Clan Battles Missions there too when CB is active. I don't do CB either so if any of those showed up I would like to remove them.

Under Combat Missions there currently is...

• Leroy Jenkins 6 pt - I will do this one as it can be completed in a way I am willing to do. So I would leave it
  • Leroy Jenkins 10 pt - This mission calls for the ship Kidd specifically and then mode(s) specific play. While I have the Kidd I do not and won't play the required mode(s) to complete it thus it is gated off to me. I would remove it if possible. 
  • KOTS Container - This mission is one I would greatly like to complete as I only need 2 crates to finish the collection (see Collections below) but I can't/am unwilling to. This mission has an incorrect term of completion and to actually finish it would require mode(s) specific play that gates it off to me. This mission will sit there unfinished until it expires as a result. I would remove it if possible.
  • 3 Crate HSF - This mission has, at least in part, mode(s) specific requirements that gate it off to me. I would remove it if possible.
  • 5 Crate Hiei HSF - This mission calls for a specific ship I don't have and won't buy. It also has, at least in part, mode(s) specific requirements that gate it off to me. I would remove it if possible.
  • 5 Crate Harekaze II HSF - This mission calls for a specific ship I don't have and won't buy. It also has, at least in part, mode(s) specific requirements that gate it off to me. I would remove it if possible.
  • Anzac Day - I will do this one as it can be completed in a way I am willing to do. So I would leave it

So of the 7 missions currently under the Combat section only 2 are missions I can/am willing to complete. Let players remove the ones we can't/won't do. It will simplify our keeping track of things that appear under the Combat Missions tab and remove things that are a source of frustration and irritation for many of us.

Collections:

Just as with Combat Missions you can run into a case where a player either has no interest in a Collection or will be unable to complete it and would like to remove it from their Profile in Port. Lots of people, and that includes me, have OCD or OCD like symptoms and having something sit unfinished, that can't be finished, is really annoying. It can also be a great source of frustration if the player wants to finish a collection but can't (see KOTS for Co-op mains). So letting players remove/dismiss Collections would help with this.

While this could be mitigated by simply making all Collections be Opt in you (WG) would need to fully disclose the requirements to be able to finish the Collection so a person can know if they can/can't and want to or not before opting in. You need to do that so they don't run into some kind of obstacle somewhere along the way keeping them from finishing it and wasting their time starting it. With respect you (WG) fail at this kind of full disclosure. KOTS is a classic example. The 1st round of missions to get crates was 100% Co-op doable but the 2nd round and now here at the start of the 3rd round you gated finishing the Collection off behind PVP only mission requirements to get the last 1 or 2 needed crates. That means Co-op mains like myself can not finish the Collection without going into a mode we wont play.

Had I known that to actually finish the Collection I would have to get the last 1-2 crates from PVP only missions I would not have started it to begin with. It not only eats at me that it is the ONLY Collection I don't have finished (and apparently never will) but the whole gating completion behind a mode I don't play AT THE VERY END frustration really is upsetting. If you had just said if you want to finish KOTS you need to play PVP I wouldn't have bothered with it (wasn't KOTS an opt in initially).

So please give us the ability to remove a Collection from the profile if we can't finish it and it has been started.  Make Collections Opt In and tell us right at the start how they can be finished so we know before opting in. Nothing hidden at the end after we got all the way to that point only to find out we can't do it. Also, if you do a Collection that will get started automatically (ie; not an opt in - we get the 1st piece from some event through normal play) PLEASE only do that if all modes are viable to finish it in its entirety!

Thanks for listening

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 3

Members
2,766 posts

I would love a customizable port interface, where I could excise any of the item banners (Premium Shop, Ranks, Recruiting Station, the banner of the moment (presently ZF-6), etc.). And yes, ice cream next to the cake would be customizable Combat Missions, where, again, I could excise Ranked (at least) and any other mission sets I'm not pursuing.

I would also love a low-cost anti-gravity device to replace the jack in my cars - which will, I fear, arrive sooner that the above-mentioned items.

[PUMA]
Members
1,319 posts
12,532 battles

Maybe not DELETE them but turn their display off; then have a SHOW ALL button to temporarily display all available missions.

Example, I am a CO-OP main and do not need to see missions I can only finish in Randoms. However, in 6 month from now I may change my mind and decide to go crazy and switch to PVP play. having deleted their missions would be unfortunate now while being able to turn on their display again would be nice.

Hope that was not to convoluted. It is still early and I did not have my morning coffee yet :-)

Edited by freggo
spelling fix
  • Cool 5

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

It would need to be done in a way so players dont complain and open support tickets saying i didnt mean to delete it can you give me it back or I need the rewards credited to me etc etc. 

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
5 hours ago, freggo said:

Maybe not DELETE them but turn their display off; then have an SHOW ALL button to temporarily display all available missions.

Example, I am a CO-OP main and do not need to see missions I can only finish in Randoms. However, in 6 month from now I may change my mind and decide to go crazy and switch to PVP play. having deleted their missions would be unfortunate now while being able to turn on their display again would be nice.

Hope that was not to convoluted. It is still early and I did not have my morning coffee yet :-)

4 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I agree with @freggo, hide them but don't delete them.

Hiding them like we can hide special ships and camo in the carousel is actually a better idea. 

Just give us SOME way to deal with missions and collections we can't/don't want to finish so they aren't there staring at us and mocking us. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

yes please...   all those collections i will never be able to complete etc...  

[ARGSY]
Members
31,077 posts
29,316 battles
On 4/24/2021 at 3:39 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Just give us SOME way to deal with missions and collections we can't/don't want to finish so they aren't there staring at us and mocking us. 

Even when they're not mocking. I have the Big Hunt still showing in the Armory, for example. I'd love to be able to mask it, since I have neither battle points nor corporation tokens left to cash in nor a desire for the only remaining significant Tokens prize, but I know the reason it's still there is because I can still buy Corporation Tokens with dubs to use if I so wish (I don't). 

The flipside is that I'm fully in agreement with Wargaming's decision to hold these things over for an entire patch after the earnables have finished, in case you need time to make up your mind about buying something to get you that last little bit "there",  for your paycheque to clear so you can afford it, or whatever. I got the Vauquelin's permacamo for that reason, because some of the French DD intro missions held over into the next patch and WG fortuitously gave out free tokens for everyone as compensation for a minor screwup they'd made. That gave me enough to get over the line, and there was just enough time to FXP the Vauquelin and spam the mission to earn the remaining tokens for the camo. If they'd cashed all the tokens in at the end of the earnables phase, I'd have been in a very different position.