Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VesseI

République • 2 Humans, 7 Bots Co-op Team

15 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts

République in a Co-op team with only 2 human players. The rest were all bots, with the green ones obviously on a low AI skill level. Quite fun, but challenging when you're the only human left to finish it. I definitely like this change, and while it can take longer than usual to finish, playing a salt-free battle against bots with relatively high AI skill levels is very much welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ICWTJY1sM

1192371977_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_04.23-02_09_35_12.thumb.png.22649856532588352c3cc93f50dee04e.png
1572946714_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_04.23-02_09_20_92.thumb.png.d9b83fba09aeab53e5842b0e47384a9e.png
1360477429_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_04.23-02_09_42_24.thumb.png.606a55973900a352cb4dc5919547b0ef.png

I wonder if we will continue to see this in the near future, given announced changes on rewards for achievements. Right now, my understanding is that when you get an achievement in a PVP battle, you will get a Combat Mission that can also be finished in Co-op to get the rewards.

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
3,726 posts
37,437 battles

This isn't a change it's a bug that's being investigated. It gets monotonous after a while and makes some ships very risky to take into battle.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,130 battles

The 2-7 drop is very common right now in co-op with players and like many have observed it can be disastrous if the other player is suddenly focused or afk due to late load.

The issue has happened so much that players asked it to be investigated.

I have a theory about it because I did test it a few days ago with just using a Kaga.

In that scenario, I announced here the time and ship I would use on that day and I got only 6 of the 2-7 drops. Of those, two I got from switching to the other Kaga I have and queuing in the game again.

The rest of the drops were full house drops of players and that was well over 30 battles.

My conclusion is that it is a specific sync drop phenomenon where players that normally use A sync drop monitor software to see who is playing is being used to get full house drops. But it somehow skews MM. Because the players that use this monitor software actually drop out on purpose for players that they don't want to play with. But in doing so, you get the 2-7 drop.

Well, it is a theory anyway. Because I don't use such software myself and I am not aware of any co-op regulars using it.

But if you are a Randoms regular and you picked up a nifty one online and are using it in co-op, then it would affect co-op this way since WG asserts co-op population is smaller. Co-op uses a 30 second timer and such a monitor software could exploit the timer to a greater extent compared to Randoms since Randoms has no 30 second limit.

Such manipulation of the system would theoretically manipulate the outcome of the drop and an opportunistic player knowing this could use it to some advantage, but not by much.

If anything, it only serves to annoy players that don't have the monitor software and it is discouraging them from playing co-op.

Why such a thing would be construed as an attempt at collusion if WG saw it affecting the overall player activity across all servers if this is not a unique event and is occurring on all servers.

This is certainly in the realm of speculation mind you and I am sure it could be anything. But since I could not duplicate the situation at all. And I have not been able to because a simple thing as adding a player to contacts can highlight them and show them on, it is entirely possible, that I can't duplicate it because I have folks that literally go out of their way to show up in my co-op matches. Even when I don't announce and use other ships.

Something that is not fair to other players in co-op, as a great deal of the well known regulars that I know are unable to get nothing more than the 2-7 drop.

I ask this, is it fair for the players I know in co-op, that play it regularly every time and I see them from time to time myself, for them to be restricted to just them and one other player in a drop, and I get a full house at a rate of a guess of 85%?

I don't think so.

I am not that popular. If I am, it is clearly a mistake, you got the wrong guy. I am no celebrity and I don't want to seek fame either. It could be the most lucky of coincidences mind you, but I would rather be lucky in other things than this game. Sure, I have done made some long shots, but that can't be it.

Nope, just a player. Nothing more. Mediocre at best, and at worst, entertaining in a disaster (Lord Zath films) sort of way.

So, I hope it is just a weird glitch and it gets patched out soon for everyone's sake.

Otherwise, I am going to get a lot of PMs for divisions and I just don't do that. No 😅:cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
5 hours ago, Hukom said:

République in a Co-op team with only 2 human players. The rest were all bots, with the green ones obviously on a low AI skill level. Quite fun, but challenging when you're the only human left to finish it. I definitely like this change, and while it can take longer than usual to finish, playing a salt-free battle against bots with relatively high AI skill levels is very much welcome.

I wonder if we will continue to see this in the near future, given announced changes on rewards for achievements. Right now, my understanding is that when you get an achievement in a PVP battle, you will get a Combat Mission that can also be finished in Co-op to get the rewards.

Yes, a lot of PVE mains have had superlative and even larger wins !   The problem is, I've had 8 losses until divisioning to avoid more losses....  Some of us in PVE actually care about WR.   That means, you are 1) stuck divisioning to avoid this bug; or 2) playing OP and strong upper tier ships to survive an AFK, lower skill wing man, or a PVP player whom could care less what you need because they are farming event specifics and don't care if they cause a loss.........

The gains are good if you don't care about win rates or playing "other ships"............  I've had some huge games too.............I just want a fair MM that hasn't been tinkered with to try and force me into PVP...........

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles

For Co-OP, low population games in a high tier BB are the best.

The fewer the players, the better.  I love it like that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

For Co-OP, low population games in a high tier BB are the best.

I mean, any BB in COOP with low population is more fun imo.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I mean, any BB in COOP with low population is more fun imo.

High Tier it's better because more players hang around mid tiers.  Chances of low pop games are better.

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

High Tier it's better because more players hang around mid tiers.  Chances of low pop games are better.

Ahh true enough i guess, though im having awful lucky today with my Iowa. Trying to get the Montana unlocked before the RB resets so i can reset that as my double

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
24 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Ahh true enough i guess, though im having awful lucky today with my Iowa. Trying to get the Montana unlocked before the RB resets so i can reset that as my double

It also helps on the time of day when you're playing on the server.  If you're hoping for the best chances for low pop games, High Tier late at night (considering this is North America server) is the best for it since a lot of the players of the server will be asleep.  I know that may not be a viable route to some due to their normal schedules, it's just what I've noticed over my time in this mode.  A lot of my best Co-Op results are because of being High Tier where next to nobody is there competing with me for kills, damage.

I will say it's harder to do if you play a Cruiser and there are no player BBs that can ensure they can tank a lot of bots and come out winning.  Cruisers have problems with staying power.

Take on a handful of bots in a Battleship?  Very doable, but need to play smart.

Take on a handful of bots in a Cruiser?  Eeehhhh, that's a lot harder, and there is zero room for mistakes if a bunch of those remaining bots are Battleships, which they often tend to be.  Most especially so if you're playing a Cruiser that's very squishy.

4-5 bots vs my Pommern?  Hell yeah!

4-5 bots vs my Seattle?  Ugh...

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
45 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It also helps on the time of day when you're playing on the server.  If you're hoping for the best chances for low pop games, High Tier late at night (considering this is North America server) is the best for it since a lot of the players of the server will be asleep.  I know that may not be a viable route to some due to their normal schedules, it's just what I've noticed over my time in this mode.  A lot of my best Co-Op results are because of being High Tier where next to nobody is there competing with me for kills, damage.

I will say it's harder to do if you play a Cruiser and there are no player BBs that can ensure they can tank a lot of bots and come out winning.  Cruisers have problems with staying power.

Take on a handful of bots in a Battleship?  Very doable, but need to play smart.

Take on a handful of bots in a Cruiser?  Eeehhhh, that's a lot harder, and there is zero room for mistakes if a bunch of those remaining bots are Battleships, which they often tend to be.  Most especially so if you're playing a Cruiser that's very squishy.

4-5 bots vs my Pommern?  Hell yeah!

4-5 bots vs my Seattle?  Ugh...

Yea..ive kinda stopped playing my carriers entirely for now and a few of my cruisers are shelved too cause carrying in a Helena or a Schors is *hard* if its a tier 9 match.

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
9 hours ago, Efros said:

This isn't a change it's a bug that's being investigated. It gets monotonous after a while and makes some ships very risky to take into battle.

Took Venezia out for 2 battles and lost it; only then did I notice something was odd. Took Mogador next, and still it was a defeat. Hahaha! The other human player was long sunk.

One thing I've consistently noticed in 2 human/7 bot teams is that the green bots are dumb while the red bots play really good.

3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Chances of getting in a 700 + BaseXP game are a lot harder with lots of players.

3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Hello Neptune. 😂

With many players, the chance of hitting at least 700 BXP goes down, particularly if there's a good DD player around.

9 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The 2-7 drop is very common right now in co-op with players and like many have observed it can be disastrous if the other player is suddenly focused or afk due to late load.

The first time I experienced this it was terrible. I thought it would be easy. 😂

5 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

The problem is, I've had 8 losses until divisioning to avoid more losses....  Some of us in PVE actually care about WR.

That's a pretty long streak. Perhaps WG can come up with a better solution. For now, I still haven't tried the division route. I generally like this change/bug as it makes the Co-op battle a bit more exciting. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
3 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yea..ive kinda stopped playing my carriers entirely for now and a few of my cruisers are shelved too cause carrying in a Helena or a Schors is *hard* if its a tier 9 match.

Carriers are really weird for Co-Op in that they're the worst ship line to grind in this mode.  Guys complain about them in PVP.  They have a long time to do work.  In Co-Op?  They're not doing much in 3-5 minutes.  Even Tier X CVs do f--k all and are typically bottom feeders in BaseXPs.  Middling at best.  To actually play through and grind, there is no worse Co-Op ship line grind to do than Tier VIII -> X CVs.  Even when you get to the Tier X, the grind doesn't stop as you have stock aircraft that cost even more XPs to grind through.  Flying stock planes just sucks a**, even for Tier X CVs.

In general, if you get a bunch of players, the CV tends to do pretty poorly in BaseXPs, i.e. your CV grind sucked.  Games are short and CVs need time.  The longer the game goes, then the chances of a CV getting better BaseXPs, possibly even top spot that game, get better.  The weird case for a CV is if by itself and the bots of their team get rekt.  Your CV is running around the map trying to kite and not get cornered.  Some of the CVs are too slow.  Even Kaga in Tier VIII isn't that fast and will get overtaken.  Some will get spotted from far away like USN CVs and will get shelled.  Most especially so since Concealment Expert isn't a good idea for CVs anymore, so Lexington, Midway will get spotted from the next map and get shelled.  Anyways, if CV has to try to hard carry, it sucks if the bots are clumped together and going around taking the caps.  You can't stop them, their combined AA makes all late game aircraft losses painful, so your airstrikes get weaker and weaker.

I remember after the CV Revamp went Live playing my Midway and had to hard carry.  I was running circles around the map keeping away from the bots and resetting caps but it wasn't going to work.  The bots had a Montana, Worcester, Conqueror grouped together, sailing around taking caps.  I had to send airstrikes to stop or slow them down but their combined AA shredded my planes.

Cruiser grinding in Co-Op varies wildly.  RNCLs are very team dependent and are not good if you have to hard carry.  You can probably do some island ambushes with torps, but you'll end up eating a lot of damage still.  It gets harder if the Cruiser has no torpedoes to do ambushes and try to get big alpha damage to kill those last BBs.  Trading shells with a beefier CA, particular Riga, Petropavlovsk, High Tier USN / German CAs, most Super Cruisers is viable.  Trading shells with BBs using a squishy Cruiser in hard carry mode like Seattle, or "CIT ME PLZ, HARDER" Albemarle?   Harder to do.

I remember a Co-Op game that our team lost, there was at least 4 players, possibly more.  I had sunk and was watching this Hindenburg and Minotaur players were the last ones of the team left.  We had a NC player but he died very early.  The bots had 4 ships left, 3 of them healthy Battleships with 1 Cruiser charging at them.  Even worse, they weren't coming in onesies or twosies so that they could kill the bots piecemeal.  They came together.  I already knew what was going to happen.  The map was Sharts.  It was going down around the mid-south area where that one lone island is just below where the center cap would be.  The bots were moving around the map in a clockwise fashion.

Minotaur had a decent idea, use the islands as cover and then come around and drop all torps and retreat.  However, that put a lot of burden on Hindenburg who was getting focus fired by 4 bot ships, 3 of them being BBs.  Minotaur got spotted and started eating Citadels, so he smoked up.  Of course, the bots went back to shelling Hindenburg until he died.  After Hindy died, Minotaur was left in smoke with nothing to spot for him and 3 BBs charging him.  Smoke was going to run out sooner or later and the bots were getting real close.

You can imagine how the rest went.

In hindsight, they could have both schemed to live and die by torpedoes:

1.  Stay behind the island and both come out to do YOLO Torp Rushes.  That was the only way they had any alpha to take BBs down in quick succession.  Trading shells wasn't going to work. 

Or

2.  Possibly both run west into the islands cluster and knife fight the bots there with torpedoes.  But again, that's hindsight.

1 hour ago, Hukom said:

Hello Neptune. 😂

With many players, the chance of hitting at least 700 BXP goes down, particularly if there's a good DD player around.

That's the thing with being in with lots of players.  It's hard to stand out and get a good game.  With tons of players you can walk out with 200 or barely reaching 300 BaseXPs, which sucks IMO, and it'd be through no fault of your own.  Everyone's killing everything quickly.  Sometimes you and one other dude are spawned out somewhere with 0-1 Bot that went their way.  You and that guy realize what's going on and when the game ends soon, you're going to eat credit loss.  You hurry and try to cap but the game ends before you do that.

Lost credits, sh*t XPs.

It's a "win" but you don't get anything from it.  Depending on the tier, probably even lose a lot of credits.  Tier X CV?  LOL!  You're really losing credits!

OTOH, when there's fewer players, the chances of a loss go up more even against bots, but you get better games when you win.  Hell, my last 3 entries in this Co-Op thread are all low player population games.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,130 battles

About the only way a CV player can make out okay is they drop their fighters immediately like they do in Randoms. Strategically placed so each plane type drops one fast starting with rockets, DB, and TB. The spot damage is free.

Then fighter intercepts are only if you are lucky to find the bot CV and drop at its vector to intercept what it wants to attack.

At this point, you are attacking back to front instead of front to back. You are attacking BBs then cruisers, ignoring DDs unless they be close.

Moving the CV is tricky, but a risk you have to take. While Randoms keeps you mostly in the back or behind a flank, in co-op, you run skirting islands and team ships hoping they don't die too fast and you become the next target.

It's akin to running with the bulls.

You have to charge in to get the return attacks in.

Sure, the team thinks you're nuts and wishes CV players played like this in Randoms, but that is how I make the money.

You have to be aggressive.

Now the 2-7 does make things hard, but I cycle planes okay. I just have to be careful. Or it will be bad just like everyone else.

Lately, still get a lot of full house with a ratio of 70/30 full/not.

I am starting late and playing late yesterday. Played late overnight.

I will try the morning today. US line only so I can get Mr Jenkins. Almost done. Last leg of missions.

I am the very best when it comes to the grind in co-op. So I got it done in less than 24 hours to get Mr Jenkins. About 8 hours last night and about maybe an hour or two today should do it.

The bug did get me some losses mind you. But I also had a full team screw the pooch. So idk, Bug or no bug, just have to be smart about it and don't expect that team to win it outright. Even full, they could all potato after you detonated. LOL 😂

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,130 battles

Cruisers should use their smoke like a wall. Lay it down early on a slant and run behind it and fire from behind it while moving at full speed while turning back and forth.

I did that effectively with my anchorage.

If you are in a CL, think fire support and not be so aggressive. Ping away with those shots only when that bot isn't looking, open up with torps if in range, and use cover wisely. But keep moving. Stationary kills. If you rely on outside to spot, then that just won't work. But there is a trick.

If you can deploy smoke and a fighter then launch the fighter as your eyes.

If no plane, then let a bot lead the way and he is your spotter, but bear in mind that once he dies, so goes your spotter.

You can also use your hydro, last position indicator or move to the furthest edge of your smoke from the target and peek. But keep moving.

If you are not divisioned, it will be hard to see anything and a CL has to operate carefully from cover.

BBs need to get their shots off one at a time at max range because bots are turning, reacting to incoming fire alert. So they alter course slightly. They will slow down, and you can see it by the smokestack and turn behavior or relation to terrain nearby.

It never hurts to quick glance the mini map to see the target ship and gauge its movement and the aiming bubble. The bubble helps you see if you have the right alignment, but not necessarily the right lead.

Lead you have to determine by observation of the target.

Fire one shot, watch it move, then adjust fire to the movement.

At that long range, you can hit it if you adjust fire.

As target gets closer to your comfort zone, you can get to adjust further, but watch out for sudden acceleration. Bots creep, then turn in if they know you are looking at them.

Advice to the torp slingers out there. Bots like to cut in when they pursue or are rounding a corner. So firing at the mark is not always a good idea. Take into account that a bot might do that.

Bots sailing wide creep casually and if you lay a long range spread they tend to sense it and depending on the ship, will turn in, accelerate, slow down, or turn out to get out of the range. Here you have to spread it out alot or get closer.

Remember, use of concealment range to get as close as possible makes torpedo hit probability higher. So save those guns after you break off and smoke. 

CV pinatas.

I must emphasize this again. Sinking it outright while fun is great, but a DD only has to switch to AP and ping that CV, very little damage, doink it as much as possible, because xp is awarded a lot for just gun hits alone. The more you land, the more lucrative it gets. A BB secondaries, CV secondaries, a cruiser secondaries can all benefit this. Even a Minotaur can just ping the control tower until it is near time for the game to end, then sink it.

So there is no real reason to just super death star blap a bot CV unless you are really angry 💢.

Because a slow tickle beat down of a Midway would make a player really laugh all the way to the bank.

Especially since you shoot down the planes as you approach. Even divisioninig with a player to eat the planes while you slap the CV is mutually beneficial.

The possibilities are endless.

Getting XP is easy if you understand what you get from doing specific things. Caps, challenges, spots, spot damage, secbat damage (use DD AP to bust secbat mounts), module damage use HE, hits, fires, damage, citadels, torp hits, shootdowns, and attacking above tier.

here is an example.....>>>as you can see, two caps, secbats were used extensively. I had to hit the CV hard at the end because time was running out as our team CV was bringing torps. and bot CVs are usually good at one drop. I could have milked it further, but getting 6 seemed so tempting. Yeah, over 1100 base XP there. Just watch that clock, and seize the opportunities folks. 

World of Warships 4_26_2021 12_59_36 AM.png

World of Warships 4_26_2021 1_02_16 AM.png

World of Warships 4_26_2021 1_05_22 AM.png

World of Warships 4_26_2021 1_06_38 AM.png

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman