You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Prometheus_Common

Research Points Have Dropped

15 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
6,101 posts
17,230 battles

:Smile_amazed:

Are you talking about the amount of RP you can earn for a line reset? Is it your second reset of the season? Line resets unlock 10,200 RP to be earned (8,000 for CVs), and the 2x bonus is only applied to the first reset of the season.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,724 posts
26,569 battles

OP you're confusing the 10,400 standard amount of RP (up marginally from 10k originally) with the double RP points for the first line reset for every RP season, four times a year.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,072 battles
18 minutes ago, Prometheus_Common said:

WOW! research Points have dropped by 10.400 ouch! Not good, WAAAAAYYYYY too much money hungry............................

The reset for double points happens every 3 months but it's only good for 1 line reset per season.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,250 posts
21,746 battles
1 hour ago, Prometheus_Common said:

WOW! research Points have dropped by 10.400 ouch! Not good, WAAAAAYYYYY too much money hungry............................

There's a x2 bonus every three months, which is only applied to your first line reset during each bonus period. The next x2 bonus is less than a month away. Has always been this way since Research Points were first introduced to the game.

Personally, I only reset a line when the x2 bonus is available to me, and proceed to play normally back up the line until I get all of the available RPs. It takes a lot of patience doing it that way though. 

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Members
645 posts
10,685 battles
1 hour ago, Prometheus_Common said:

LOL

Reading is OP apparently 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

OP you're confusing the 10,400 standard amount of RP (up marginally from 10k originally) with the double RP points for the first line reset for every RP season, four times a year.

He didn't know! Go easy on him. He didn't know. He was kept in cryogenic stasis on that ship so he didn't know.
But you might send him to a Dr because that is not heartburn that he is feeling. 
🙄😏

[X-PN]
Members
3,837 posts
17,722 battles

....and RP aren't exactly the simpliest more clear thing around here.... it took me a lot of reading to trust that I could stack RP bonuses on a ship before I went whole hog resetting stuff.

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
8 hours ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

tbf  research is the easiest currency to get in game without having to play competitve modes.

You dont need a team you dont have to get 7 people you just play.

I think its great.

Members
1,030 posts
32 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

You dont need a team you dont have to get 7 people you just play.

I think its great.

Basically and you get strong ships for it. But people want things without realizing this and steel and coal allows and keeps ships from overpopulating the game quickly. Look what happens when you allow free xp ships that are op like smaland to be free xp. You get way too many in the game.

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
1 hour ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

Basically and you get strong ships for it. But people want things without realizing this and steel and coal allows and keeps ships from overpopulating the game quickly. Look what happens when you allow free xp ships that are op like smaland to be free xp. You get way too many in the game.

wonder if WG makes more money with RB and coal than just selling.  I know coal is free but how many get prem time to get all 3 crate.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
11 hours ago, Prometheus_Common said:

No they haven't.  They haven't changed.  Here, try reading.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Members
1,030 posts
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

wonder if WG makes more money with RB and coal than just selling.  I know coal is free but how many get prem time to get all 3 crate.

100 percent they make more with any kinda grinding since manytimes the x2 mulitpliers are garbage lines with powercrept ships.

• Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
4 hours ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

100 percent they make more with any kinda grinding since manytimes the x2 mulitpliers are garbage lines with powercrept ships.

I you buy a RB ship its about 400$  at least that is what Sea Lord Mountbatton spent