You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Personality

Cashback 200%/Receive Triple Benefits

37 comments in this topic

[-TDT-]
Members
29 posts
5,858 battles

Looks like I received this coupon at random. From what I gather,  whatever money I spend, I receive 2x of it back in doubloons.

To be frank I'm a f2p player so I'm spending $5-10 max. What should I get? I was thinking of getting 1250 doubloons for $5 or 2500 doubloons for $10, which the latter will give me 5000 extra doubloons

[-TDT-]
Members
29 posts
5,858 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

Texas is $10 right now if you don't have it, as a potential non-doubloon option.

Oh great ship! I have it

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
140 posts
9,804 battles

Go for Premium time. 30d would work out to about 5k dubs, a year is about 48k dubs.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
8 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

I'd get premium time with doubs  if I were you, but that's just me.

The coupon is only good for cash purchases...however much cash you spend you get +200% that many doubloons in value...if you just spend Doubloons you don't get anything for the coupon.

But buying premium time w/the cash is the best option... if that's what you were trying to say.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,620 posts
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

But buying premium time w/the cash is the best option... if that's what you were trying to say.

Not really. I didn't know how exactly it worked so your reply was complementary.

[SLDR]
[SLDR]
Members
421 posts
17,982 battles
31 minutes ago, Personality said:

Looks like I received this coupon at random. From what I gather

Nothing is random in this game. It's a coupon that a player can only get once ever. And you get it, because you have been actively playing for a while, yet have not bought anything with cash. So WG gives you this coupon as an incentive for you to crack open your wallet for the first time.

I guess the theory is, once you do it for the first time, you will likely become a repeat customer.

The theory worked on me for sure. I was a f2p, too, until I got this same coupon. I used it to buy T-61, because I played a lot of German DDs. I made a lot of silver with that ship, and started buying more stuff, first with the "free dubs" I got with the coupon, then with cash. I've tried to limit myself to $20 to $40 per year, though.

[-TDT-]
Members
29 posts
5,858 battles
1 minute ago, slider37 said:

Nothing is random in this game. It's a coupon that a player can only get once ever. And you get it, because you have been actively playing for a while, yet have not bought anything with cash. So WG gives you this coupon as an incentive for you to crack open your wallet for the first time.

I guess the theory is, once you do it for the first time, you will likely become a repeat customer.

The theory worked on me for sure. I was a f2p, too, until I got this same coupon. I used it to buy T-61, because I played a lot of German DDs. I made a lot of silver with that ship, and started buying more stuff, first with the "free dubs" I got with the coupon, then with cash. I've tried to limit myself to $20 to $40 per year, though.

Oh I can see the logic in that. But no joke, I don't spend money on games in general much so I'll prob just get the 7500 doubloons and hoard it until a ship I really want goes on sale

• Cool 1

Members
968 posts
221 battles
41 minutes ago, Personality said:

Looks like I received this coupon at random. From what I gather,  whatever money I spend, I receive 2x of it back in doubloons.

To be frank I'm a f2p player so I'm spending $5-10 max. What should I get? I was thinking of getting 1250 doubloons for $5 or 2500 doubloons for $10, which the latter will give me 5000 extra doubloons

This one?

image.thumb.png.cc635a737545d0223279d04180338ec5.png

It's a fantastic coupon.  I got this a year ago.  I spent $100 on gold and got some srsly good amount of gold back.

I hate giving money to WG, but I feel if you don't go large on this opportunity you will regret it.  maybe not on this event, maybe not the next event....

[-TDT-]
Members
29 posts
5,858 battles
Just now, Laser_Beam said:

This one?

image.thumb.png.cc635a737545d0223279d04180338ec5.png

It's a fantastic coupon.  I got this a year ago.  I spent $100 on gold and got some srsly good amount of gold back.

I hate giving money to WG, but I feel if you don't go large on this opportunity you will regret it.  maybe not on this event, maybe not the next event....

Yeahhh that one. I know it's great but I'm just going to be playing casually so the once in a lifetime limit doesn't pressure me

Members
2,755 posts
1 hour ago, slider37 said:

Nothing is random in this game. It's a coupon that a player can only get once ever.

I've received 5 of these coupons (the latest was about 3 weeks ago). I let every one of them expire. I will likely receive one or two more this year.

[SLDR]
[SLDR]
Members
421 posts
17,982 battles
19 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I've received 5 of these coupons (the latest was about 3 weeks ago). I let every one of them expire. I will likely receive one or two more this year.

I guess I should have said, once you've used the coupon, you won't ever get one again.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles
59 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I have never received such a coupon; I suppose it’s because I already have essentially all the ships I want so no point really. 

Members
2,755 posts
5 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I have never received such a coupon; I suppose it’s because I already have essentially all the ships I want so no point really. 

...or because you've spent money on this game already, so they don't need to offer you a discount inducement to spend.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,100 battles

Actually

1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

...or because you've spent money on this game already, so they don't need to offer you a discount inducement to spend.

It has never been fully explained the reason how a player gets one. You can ask WG, but they will be mum about it. I have no clue on the criteria other than it can show up and just a simple check to see if you got one weekly is a good idea.

Because I don't know of any player who would voluntarily refuse a coupon as good as this one, I only know of players that use them often.

If there is a correlation, I doubt we will be told. Because then everyone would be getting one.

So if you get one, then great, congratulations. Go use it wisely. They are rare.

There is one factor that negatively impacts the coupon drop rate, but I will keep that one to myself.

😏

Members
2,755 posts
3 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Because I don't know of any player who would voluntarily refuse a coupon as good as this one, ...

Now you know one. ;)

[CO-OP]
Members
3,721 posts
37,386 battles

A year of premium (well 360 days is $96) so you'd wind up with a year of premium time and around 47500 doubloons. Or if you just bought 25000 doubloons for $100 you'd wind up with 75000.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,100 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Now you know one. ;)

Yeah, but that is just silly. I can understand if you couldn't afford it. But if it is a personal reason based on the game itself and the guiding principle of"I refuse to spend" is involved, then I guess that is your opinion.

But to pass up obvious value, when you probably do spend at some point is just plain weird.

But it takes all kinds I guess. If you actually play I guess.

Because that is the point. If you play, then the opinion has some merit. It is useful to players that probably shouldn't spend if they can't afford.

But if you don't play, then that is another matter right?

Keep that in mind. Because in forums, I am not the only one who pays a lot of attention to the details. A whole lot do.

So for this OP, it would better serve them to hear all viewpoints fairly.

Wouldn't you think?🤔

• Boring 2

Members
2,755 posts
7 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

If you play, then the opinion has some merit. It is useful to players that probably shouldn't spend if they can't afford.

But if you don't play, then that is another matter right?

Well, with over 27k battles, I would consider myself a player.

I am also an example of how to play long-term without paying. Some cannot conceive of it, thinking premium time or some pay-walled ship is essential to continued play, and that "everyone" eventually pays something for something.

My reasons for not paying were due to mechanics I objected to. My reason moved beyond those to personal a couple of months ago.

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
26,403 battles
6 hours ago, Personality said:

The issue is opening your wallet once.

Once you do that and receive perceived value for it, it becomes easier and easier to do so in the future. After my 1st ever purchase in 2016, had someone told me I would spend what I have on this game I would have laughed in their face.

Be warned, the mind will play fabulous tricks to justify and validate purchases in the future, once the leak in the damn exists.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,100 battles
13 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Well, with over 27k battles, I would consider myself a player.

I am also an example of how to play long-term without paying. Some cannot conceive of it, thinking premium time or some pay-walled ship is essential to continued play, and that "everyone" eventually pays something for something.

My reasons for not paying were due to mechanics I objected to. My reason moved beyond those to personal a couple of months ago.

Ah game mechanics. Something that is actually quite easy to fix over time. However, the personal part is not always easy to fix.

This I can understand. But if you compared a relationship to a company to that of a person, then it is easier to sever all association with a company if you can't repair such personal things.

It can be complicated if it was just one person if they are close by and the high probability would create an awkward situation.

However, if it was distant and could be severed, then it is an option to be explored.

Two trains of thought here:

Either you stay and play for free despite the personal bit and over time it becomes a more nagging issue. Eventually, this will make you stop at some point. Sentiment, that ship has sailed.

Or

You might consider playing and get over the personal bit unless it's too complicated to overcome. At which point a serious decision has to be made.

So, can you play the game and still like it, object to the game mechanics, and the personal bits?

Because to me, I don't think that would be a good thing in the long term. Something has to change.

Here are the changes that you can't control:

WG will eventually improve the game. It may have some more bad and good days ahead, but only time will determine that. And none of us controls time.

The things you control:

Spending and play time.

Your own personal issues with WG.

You can change any of those if you like. That is well within your power. But it also means you have to think about what you want to do what is best for you.

It is a burden we all grapple with. But it is also the only way we attain some measure of happiness in anything we do

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,100 battles
10 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

The issue is opening your wallet once.

Once you do that and receive perceived value for it, it becomes easier and easier to do so in the future. After my 1st ever purchase in 2016, had someone told me I would spend what I have on this game I would have laughed in their face.

Be warned, the mind will play fabulous tricks to justify and validate purchases in the future, once the leak in the damn exists.

Leaks are easily plugged with harsh reality. And even harsher environment or community. Sometimes, all it takes is one really cold week in February.

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
7 hours ago, Personality said:

I have never seen that one.

How did you get that?

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I have never seen that one.

How did you get that?

If you've ever spent money on the game you never will (not counting screenshots in threads)... it's incentive to get people to spend for the 1st time.