You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

HSF Harekaze II

62 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
493 posts
20,328 battles

Is this ship worth it? I am facilitated with the option rapid fire 100 mm guns. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

Harekaze II has German 150mm guns, not the triple gun option of the first Harekaze (IJN 127mm, IJN 100mm, or USN 127mm/54 main batteries).  The German 150s on HK II are 25mm HE Pen, not the 38mm of other German 150s.

HK II however has Hydro, which the first lacks.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-THG-]
Members
2,620 posts
8,007 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

And her German gun have IJN shell, giving them a decent 2600he damage vs the 1700 of the Gustav Julius. Wonder how the ap penetration compare tho.

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
7 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

And her German gun have IJN shell, giving them a decent 2600he damage vs the 1700 of the Gustav Julius. Wonder how the ap penetration compare tho.

512045959_Screenshot_2021-04-24WoWSFittingTool.thumb.png.01897112f3131a5ee39848436f0d0b3f.png

Not bad.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
6 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

Here's the Artillery Chart showcasing the two ships' 150mm guns.

nvFimoQ.jpeg

In AP performance, with more range the German version has better shell flight characteristics and AP Penetration.

HSF Harekaze II would need to be at about 8.8km to Penetrate 125mm of armor.  It's an important value because a bunch of US Cruisers have armor belts at around that in High Tier.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
671 posts

Do we have stats on it yet? Cause I already have the harekaze.

[B_Y_F]
Members
857 posts
19,377 battles
12 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

AP seem Ok, at about 8 km citadel a Neptune multiple times. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
Just now, Singularity_invader said:

I think the selling point of this ship is the hydro, which makes brawling in caps a viable option.

With Stealth Build, she goes down to 5.37km surface detection.  She has Tier IX Z-46 Hydro on with 5km ship detection range and 3.5km torp detection range.

Can you imagine this thing being top tier against mid tier DDs?

• Cool 1

[-THG-]
Members
2,620 posts
8,007 battles
1 minute ago, Singularity_invader said:

I think the selling point of this ship is the hydro, which makes brawling in caps a viable option.

Brawling with one of the lowest dpm ship, and less health? Not really.

Unless top tier, she will be more a “poor man radar” in support of other ships.

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles
31 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD IT IN THE SOURCE MATERIAL  :Smile_sceptic:

[B_Y_F]
Members
857 posts
19,377 battles
12 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

Brawling with one of the lowest dpm ship, and less health? Not really.

DPM doesn't mean much if the fight is one way damage without return fire. That's how Z-52 and Loyang used to dominate cap before radar is so common. 

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles
6 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD IT IN THE SOURCE MATERIAL  :Smile_sceptic:

I mean, if WG were being true to the source material, then the German 150s would have been added as a 4th hull option for Harekaze. Instead of making a whole new ship and charging for it again. :cap_old:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
3 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I mean, if WG were being true to the source material, then the German 150s would have been added as a 4th hull option for Harekaze. Instead of making a whole new ship and charging for it again. :cap_old:

If we were being true to source material (history), every USN ship in the game would have Radar haha

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-THG-]
Members
2,620 posts
8,007 battles
11 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

DPM doesn't mean much if the fight is one way damage without return fire. That's how Z-52 and Loyang used to dominate cap before radar is so common. 

While true, she got only 2 km to play with in her smoke: she got 3km detection range while firing in smoke. So doing some Haida play with her is gonna be hard, and every dd at this tier can outgun her (even the pitiful German alternative dd line can). 

But she have better torpedoes that the Harekaze 1, and her guns can bully CL... I do find her interesting.... but I am a madlad that liked Yukikaze so....

[PHD]
Members
2,236 posts
10,021 battles
26 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Here you go, via Fitting Tool.

Thanks for the link!

I can't get to my PC to compare with the Kangaro, but it seems similar,  half the guns with about half the reload time. Didn't see a fire chance rating. 

Torps about the same, the detection range may be different. 

Worse AA especially if compared to the 100mm armed Harakaze. Doesn't show the number of 25mm guns either.

Wonder if you can swap smoke for a TRB? Guess not. Also you loose hydro if you get the enhanced speed boost. That is if I understand the page.

How long is the offer?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
671 posts
3 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Thanks for the link!

I can't get to my PC to compare with the Kangaro, but it seems similar,  half the guns with about half the reload time. Didn't see a fire chance rating. 

Torps about the same, the detection range may be different. 

Worse AA especially if compared to the 100mm armed Harakaze. Doesn't show the number of 25mm guns either.

Wonder if you can swap smoke for a TRB? Guess not. Also you loose hydro if you get the enhanced speed boost. That is if I understand the page.

How long is the offer?

Hare 2 doesn't get TRB

[-THG-]
Members
2,620 posts
8,007 battles
13 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

She have the same torps, same concealment, same/ similar speed and turning circle.

her guns have lower dpm, but higher HE pen than the Kagero and better AP pen. Same torps and less AA.

take a Kagero A hull, give it the better torpedoes and replace the 3x2 125mm by 3x1 152mm and you get the idea.

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts

I'm not really impressed at all. It has the AA of the A hull HSF 1 which is more or less non-existent. Couple that with low HP pool and you are a snack to a CV that really wants to kill you. 

They 2 main selling points over the HSF 1 are the hydro and the baked in range skill. I don't place too much stock in DD hydro. It's nice to have but you can do plenty well without it. 

Edited by General_Lee_Miserable

Members
1,651 posts
43 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

While true, she got only 2 km to play with in her smoke: she got 3km detection range while firing in smoke. So doing some Haida play with her is gonna be hard, and every dd at this tier can outgun her (even the pitiful German alternative dd line can). 

But she have better torpedoes that the Harekaze 1, and her guns can bully CL... I do find her interesting.... but I am a madlad that liked Yukikaze so....

I took out an Anchorage that had 2k HP left with one salvo in my last battle in Harekaze II, but cruisers are larger targets, so it's hard to say how good it can be against DDs.

[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles
2 hours ago, WM1957 said:

Is this ship worth it? I am facilitated with the option rapid fire 100 mm guns. 

I welcomed the Harekaze-II and the HSF Hiei to my Port, because I'm an anime' fan.

I realize that reason may not be sufficient for everyone.

• Cool 1

Members
1,651 posts
3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I welcomed the Harekaze-II and the HSF Hiei to my Port, because I'm an anime' fan.

I realize that reason may not be sufficient for everyone.

Hiei is just a Kongo, isn't it?