Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rabidrabit

Setting up a VampDeuce?

6 comments in this topic

[Y0L0K]
Members
378 posts
25,412 battles

Did my first battle in it and was messing around with skills.  One thing I tried was going overboard on smoke.  It has creeping smoke. That seems to mean you are restricted to 1/4 throttle if you want to stay in it.  With the module, I'm at 135 seconds of self propelled smoke puff which is kinda ridiculous.  I did not equip inertia fuse which I should probably reconsider.  With flags it's a 10% fire chance without inertia fuse.  The HE seems to work well on dds with high 2k salvos being common.  Thoughts?

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts

No IFHE with the 113mm. You don't gain enough to cross any major armor thresholds. Shes a fire starter. She, as a Daring class, has excellent AP if you catch things broadside.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good commonwealth captain and I'm only at 15 points. But, my planned captain build is: 

1 point: PM

2 point: LS, CE

3 point: SE, Si, AR, MBAAS

4 point: CE

I'm using gun fire control in slot 6. 

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
35 minutes ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

Anyone else kinda feeling meh about the HE. The fire chance feels meh than daring for some reason.

They have the same 8% base. I've had no issue roasting stuff in my Vamp.

Edited by General_Lee_Miserable

Members
496 posts
9,111 battles
4 hours ago, ThiccLoliThighs said:

Anyone else kinda feeling meh about the HE. The fire chance feels meh than daring for some reason.

I'm not sure what you mean. They both a base fire chance of 8%. Do you have IFHE on your Vampire 2 captain?

6 hours ago, rabidrabit said:

Did my first battle in it and was messing around with skills.  One thing I tried was going overboard on smoke.  It has creeping smoke. That seems to mean you are restricted to 1/4 throttle if you want to stay in it.  With the module, I'm at 135 seconds of self propelled smoke puff which is kinda ridiculous.  I did not equip inertia fuse which I should probably reconsider.  With flags it's a 10% fire chance without inertia fuse.  The HE seems to work well on dds with high 2k salvos being common.  Thoughts?

I'd say buffing up consumables is the best way to go. She really relies on them to do well. That and most of the captain skills buffing consumables will stack on her hydro, smoke, and speed boost.

For me, my first 10 points were spent on preventative maintenance (more module survivability), last stand (obviously), survivability expert (more health), and concealment expert (a literal no brainer).

The other 11 started off with adrenaline rush (DPM buffs), superintendent (more consumables), then I took radio location to emphasize the DD hunter role. Finally, I ended with grease the gears cause why not.

And finally for modules, if you can spare the coal, I'd get the smoke and hydro modules for the extra consumable duration. Both synergize very well with her as well as with haida at t7. Otherwise, take main armament mod in slot 1, steering gear mod in slot 4 (she doesn't get acceleration mod cause it's practically built in), concealment mod in slot 5 (duh), and finally main battery mod 3 in slot 6.

Now this might not be the optimal build, but it's been working well for me. There's a few ways to build this one and it might change in the future.

Hope that helps