You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

High School Fleet Returns to World of Warships!

38 comments in this topic

[REGAL]
Alpha Tester
18 posts
2,117 battles

So why exactly does the anime content keep getting more and more ridiculously expensive with each collab run?  Why cant we have the old days back where the ships weren't purchasable and had to be ground out with missions to obtain a certain amount of XP?

• Cool 7

Members
158 posts
16,560 battles

WG getting so greedy they won't even give away a Kongo clone away for free as an event ship.

Gone are the days where you could get an ARP Takao from a free mission.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[MR-1]
Members
3,048 posts
32,163 battles

so you have to buy the ships in order to complete all the missions   . i will pass on those ones  im not buying anything 

shot-21.04.23_16.36.02-0213.jpg

shot-21.04.23_16.36.13-0676.jpg

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,802 posts
22,691 battles
2 hours ago, WoWsNewsBot said:

New ships and camouflages await you! Everything you need to know about our collaboration with the popular anime series.

Read it on the portal

Nice to see the High School Fleet has again made World of Warships a port-of-call (even if only for a limited time).

The previous offerings are available (so anime' fans who missed previous events can start or complete a collection) and the new offerings are a welcome sight for this HSF fan.

Well done.  :cap_haloween:

Now, if I could just find a reliable way to welcome a Musashi to my Port.  :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

Why are the entire mission chains not completable in COOP? The requirements for them CAN be done in COOP(Ribbons), but nope.  I was gonna spend some money on this for the Harakaze but..no. guess not.

[WPORT]
Members
20,802 posts
22,691 battles
1 minute ago, Allen___Walker said:

Lets screw everyone that already have Harekaze, why not create Harekaze 2?

In the anime' series, the Harekaze survives a lot of adventure, but ....

Spoiler

... ultimately sinks from the damage.  She gets her crew safely home, then sinks at the dock, in slow motion.

They raise the ship and the Harekaze undergoes some modernization/refit/repairs.  This is why I think there is a Harekaze-II.

[X-PN]
[X-PN]
Members
130 posts
13,344 battles

I get why WG doesn’t give out free stuff anymore. Whole point was to attract new players. Now they don’t need to crutch on that. Though it is silly that Kongo premium #5 has entered the game and they expect people to pay for it, kinda like the Myoko dragon editions.

also, what is with the lack of being able to buy the commanders separately, like before? What if I have 2 and want the rest or just one other? Or worse, what if you have all but one? Good thing I don’t want the other commanders, but man do I pity those who do and actually feel tempted to fork out the money for that.

Members
3 posts
3,833 battles
30 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Reveal hidden contents

... ultimately sinks from the damage.  She gets her crew safely home, then sinks at the dock, in slow motion.

They raise the ship and the Harekaze undergoes some modernization/refit/repairs.  This is why I think there is a Harekaze-II.

The main problem is making people that already have the Harekaze spend in another Harekaze to get the containers.

[AZUR1]
Members
278 posts
6,233 battles

Finally something I could spend my money on, since last Azurlane coallb.

And as others said, silly choice to make HSF Hiei a paid ship instead of a event ship. Are you guys still think your game is popular?

Edited by Lancelot0001
  • Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Would have maybe considered Harekaze but for that silly alternate camouflage that raises the pricetag. 

I could care less about the burger combo meal; just give me a burger.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
16 posts
3,727 battles

This event... OMG, just stupid... stupid.
WG is sooo out of touch with its players.

This has to be one of the most revolting WG events ever...
... I started at the end of the original HSF 5 years ago, and though I despise Anime, do like the HSF in WoWS.
And this is no fleet.
Unless Camos are now somehow... a fleet.
No one wants to pay $24 for a mere camo for Musashi... but many would want to earn a Musashi.

Edited by LeDeath
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[NYAAR]
Members
1 post
2,377 battles
2 hours ago, LeDeath said:

This event... OMG, just stupid... stupid.
WG is sooo out of touch with its players.

This has to be one of the most revolting WG events ever...
... I started at the end of the original HSF 5 years ago, and though I despise Anime, do like the HSF in WoWS.
And this is no fleet.
Unless Camos are now somehow... a fleet.
No one wants to pay $24 for a mere camo for Musashi... but many would want to earn a Musashi.

5 hours ago, Philit2021 said:

No offense these have no interest to me. I hate anime anyways.

No one cares that you guys hate anime. just don't buy it if it doesn't interest you. 

My wife loves the show and anything that'll get her interested in a game I love already, I'm all for. 

My big question is can these commanders locked to their specific ships or do they get an extra buff for being on that ship? I don't wanna buy commanders that i don't have the specific ships for.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[X-PN]
[X-PN]
Members
130 posts
13,344 battles
44 minutes ago, WinterWarior said:

No one cares that you guys hate anime. just don't buy it if it doesn't interest you. 

My wife loves the show and anything that'll get her interested in a game I love already, I'm all for. 

My big question is can these commanders locked to their specific ships or do they get an extra buff for being on that ship? I don't wanna buy commanders that i don't have the specific ships for.

No. All of them work for Japanese ships. Thea is the exception and is a German commander. There are no in game bonuses for using them. You do get their voiceovers which is nice.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,105 posts
17,255 battles
1 hour ago, WinterWarior said:

36 minutes ago, Sorin_von_Otomo said:

No. All of them work for Japanese ships. Thea is the exception and is a German commander. There are no in game bonuses for using them. You do get their voiceovers which is nice.

IIRC, any of the HSF commanders can also command any of the HSF ships, in addition to ships of their nation (at least this is the case with HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[X-PN]
[X-PN]
Members
130 posts
13,344 battles
18 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

IIRC, any of the HSF commanders can also command any of the HSF ships, in addition to ships of their nation (at least this is the case with HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee).

That as well, though it is a little niche.

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
437 battles

For a second I thought the Musashi was available for purchase. But it's just a camo, which I already have, but can't use since I don't have a ship to apply it to. In 10 seconds I went from ecstatic to utterly empty... Also, the fact that the original Y467 Harekaze can't be used for the tasks and that the Hiei is not an event ship is just a low blow.

• Cool 3

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
12 hours ago, Philit2021 said:

You didn’t have to click into the thread, and then click into the “reply” field.

“Here’s a thread on pizza dough recipes, for pizza enthusiasts. I do not like pizza. I will add my distinct opinion to this thread.”

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
20,102 battles

Folks,

You are free to disagree with someone, you are free to not like content.

You are NOT, however, free to personal attacks, or derailing a conversation.

The content throughout World of Warships is available for you to choose whether you want it or not. With any collaboration it is this way. If you do not like it, then do not use it, there are even filters in your port to turn this content off.

Follow the forum rules.

-Hapa

• Cool 5

[WOLF8]
Members
9,264 posts
7,537 battles
18 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

No, the original Harekaze is ultimately scrapped, even though she does get raised up.

So the main cast gets one of her sister ships, and re-christens it as a new Harekaze. That new Harekaze has 150mm guns mounted, and it became Harekaze II in WoWs.

And that's why Harekaze II is a separate ship, lol.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[WPORT]
Members
20,802 posts
22,691 battles
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:
  Hide contents

No, the original Harekaze is ultimately scrapped, even though she does get raised up.

So the main cast gets one of her sister ships, and re-christens it as a new Harekaze. That new Harekaze has 150mm guns mounted, and it became Harekaze II in WoWs.

Thanks.  I needed that.  :-)

Spoiler

[IJAG]
Members
418 posts
21,787 battles
18 hours ago, Philit2021 said:

Let me guess. New account just to troll?