You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diison

Vampire 2

33 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,471 posts
19,625 battles
2 minutes ago, Diison said:

Where is it...

We'll probably just have to get them some time.  Getting the game back up was the priority.

[STW-A]
Members
291 posts
20,508 battles

looks like they rolled back to a previous version after this mornings update not going so well.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,138 posts
29,408 battles

Everyone knows vampires don't come out until after sunset.  But seriously, it has taken 6-7 hours just to get the servers back up.  

[GLF]
Members
1,166 posts
18,427 battles

I absolutely hated jervis and abandoned the entire brit DD line because of it (though i love icarus for some reason).  I am very intrigued by vampire 2 but is it worth going for if i didnt like jervis?    Too bad you cant rent it for a couple thousand RPs to try it out.  

[LANCE]
Members
887 posts
6,765 battles
13 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

I absolutely hated jervis and abandoned the entire brit DD line because of it (though i love icarus for some reason).  I am very intrigued by vampire 2 but is it worth going for if i didnt like jervis?    Too bad you cant rent it for a couple thousand RPs to try it out.  

Shame you quit at Jervis mate because Lightning is an amazing ship!! I rebought Jervis and kept Lightning once I got Daring. Vampire 2 is basically a “better” Daring

Im basing that purely on what I’ve seen so far of course!

Edited by Bravo4zero

[-KAK-]
Members
618 posts
13,085 battles
1 hour ago, Diison said:

Where is it...

Go take another look - Looks like it's arrived.

[WMD]
Members
1,908 posts
10,780 battles
57 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Shame you quit at Jervis mate because Lightning is an amazing ship!! I rebought Jervis and kept Lightning once I got Daring. Vampire 2 is basically a “better” Daring

Im basing that purely on what I’ve seen so far of course!

Based on my experience Vampire isn't a better Daring, but it is very similar. You give up short fast smoke for longer crawling smoke, you give up long duration short range hydro for normal duration normal range hydro, and you lose the heals for a single 12km torp launcher. 

I love Vampire, but Daring hasn't been unseated as my favourite T10 DD. 

[WAMMY]
Members
2,562 posts
14,270 battles

Hey

Watch the new Flamu video where he div's up with another person in another Vampire 2.  Its quite hilarious but notice how extremely crappy the fire starting is; Like 4 fires for over 400 battery hits.  Certainly better than then new German DD line for sure.

Pete

[Y0L0W]
Members
426 posts
9,502 battles
2 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Watch the new Flamu video where he div's up with another person in another Vampire 2.  Its quite hilarious but notice how extremely crappy the fire starting is; Like 4 fires for over 400 battery hits.  Certainly better than then new German DD line for sure.

Pete

Factually incorrect, Vamp 2 is an insane fire starter.

Fires are based on RNG, which means that 1 game by no means gives an accurate picture of a ships fire-starting potential. Vamp 2 is a better fire starter than Daring, and Daring is considered as one, if not the best fire-starting DD in the game.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,562 posts
14,270 battles
34 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

Factually incorrect, Vamp 2 is an insane fire starter.

Fires are based on RNG, which means that 1 game by no means gives an accurate picture of a ships fire-starting potential. Vamp 2 is a better fire starter than Daring, and Daring is considered as one, if not the best fire-starting DD in the game.

Hey 

Nothing factually incorrect; I said to watch the video and see how many fires were started, based on shells landed.  When any ships says 14% plus flags, you know your lucky to see 5% and I have gone whole games with the likes of Azuma or any other suck "fire starter" ships and never set a single fire, and yet go into another game and set 10 fires, so please explain how RNG changes from game to game.  It's garbage argument at best; one  that Wargaming doesn't tell you; call it game manipulation, inconsistencies which is ruining this game.

PS:  Did you watch the video?

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,934 posts
12,962 battles
2 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey 

Nothing factually incorrect; I said to watch the video and see how many fires were started, based on shells landed.  When any ships says 14% plus flags, you know your lucky to see 5% and I have gone whole games with the likes of Azuma or any other suck "fire starter" ships and never set a single fire, and yet go into another game and set 10 fires, so please explain how RNG changes from game to game.  It's garbage argument at best; one  that Wargaming doesn't tell you; call it game manipulation, inconsistencies which is ruining this game. 

PS:  Did you watch the video? 

Pete 

When it says 14%, that's before any innate fire resistance is added in... Tier 10 ships get ~50% innate fire resistance, and fire prevention lowers that even more. https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance

[WAMMY]
Members
2,562 posts
14,270 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

When it says 14%, that's before any innate fire resistance is added in... Tier 10 ships get ~50% innate fire resistance, and fire prevention lowers that even more. https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance

Hey

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Pete

[Y0L0W]
Members
426 posts
9,502 battles
1 minute ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey 

Pete

Rewatched the videos just for you, and saw that half the shells hits were from AP, thats only ~200-250 shells that were HE. Also, many times he was shooting at SS that was already on fire, so that means there is a 0% chance of starting another fire in that area. So thats maybe ~100 shells that really had the chance to start a fire. So again, you cant just say oh look 400 shell hits and 4 fires, ship must be bad at starting fires. in your words "Its a garbage argument at best"

In terms of RNG, its literally just math and statistics. There's no "game manipulation", there are no "inconsistencies". It's just straight-up math. There will be games where you have bad RNG and don't start many fires. There will be games where it seems every salvo is a fire. But, those are the outliers. Not to mention all the other factors that go into the fire starting.

• Cool 2

[Y0L0W]
Members
426 posts
9,502 battles
Just now, ThiccLoliThighs said:

no reason to play z52 after playing this ship. Its better cap contester and holder in every way.

Play it as an open water gunboat, it's suprisingly effective

[WAIFU]
Members
947 posts
12,162 battles
Just now, SirPent13 said:

Play it as an open water gunboat, it's suprisingly effective

ah true.I had to some games to get damage

[LANCE]
Members
887 posts
6,765 battles
4 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

Based on my experience Vampire isn't a better Daring, but it is very similar. You give up short fast smoke for longer crawling smoke, you give up long duration short range hydro for normal duration normal range hydro, and you lose the heals for a single 12km torp launcher. 

I love Vampire, but Daring hasn't been unseated as my favourite T10 DD. 

I’ll have to wait to give it a try .. still short on RB points by about 6k so gonna wait till the x2 before I get it

[-TBE-]
Members
3 posts
1,882 battles

Still waiting for this ship to appear in the armory. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
80 posts
16,614 battles
8 minutes ago, CosmoX said:

Still waiting for this ship to appear in the armory. 

Did you check Research Bureau?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,124 posts
18 hours ago, Diison said:

Where is it...

I saw one in Ranked last night.

image.png.6a20568c5af4b92ab063b4321dfd2bcc.png

It's in the Armory under the Research Bureau tab for 55,000 research points.

Edited by Snargfargle

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,567 posts
21,269 battles

With no heal this thing has no real sustain... 

[CDOH]
Members
859 posts
8,510 battles
On 4/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, AnimaL21 said:

jervis is ok .  Jutland & Daring are very good boats.  Because the DDs are slow you don't want to play to far away from support.  Use short duration smokes to farm and break line of sight.

Edited by Rothgar_57
  • Cool 1