You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Two humans and seven bots

102 comments in this topic

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles

Per the title, I've played several games lately where the good guys have only two human players.  It seems as if there has been a MM change which randomly does this.  I'm not complaining, I actually like the opportunity and the challenge this presents.

Am I wearing a tin hat or has this been happening to others during prime times?

On a final note, when in this situation, don't be THAT GUY that gets rekt early in the game.  It makes it hard for the other guy to get the win.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DOINK]
Members
926 posts
16,330 battles

Yes, has happened a lot to me as well.  This morning first game was just me plus Bots vs Bots (but I've had that in the past as well so I don't think that's a recent issue). The two humans per team was a little surprising because most of the time there seem to be a decent number of ships in the queue and the game popped before the 30 second timer.

ps [edit]. Also the bots seem more interested in ramming each other now too.

Edited by dashtardly

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Don't know if it still applies, but if all humans die and they all leave the game automatically ends on a draw. Happened to me a few times in the past.

No idea if it still happens.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
Members
1,878 posts
51,799 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

Per the title, I've played several games lately where the good guys have only two human players.  It seems as if there has been a MM change which randomly does this.  I'm not complaining, I actually like the opportunity and the challenge this presents.

On a final note, when in this situation, don't be THAT GUY that gets rekt early in the game.  It makes it hard for the other guy to get the win.

It sucks 1 to many humans.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[HOP4S]
Members
616 posts
24,825 battles
1 hour ago, dashtardly said:

Yes, has happened a lot to me as well.  This morning first game was just me plus Bots vs Bots (but I've had that in the past as well so I don't think that's a recent issue). The two humans per team was a little surprising because most of the time there seem to be a decent number of ships in the queue and the game popped before the 30 second timer.

ps [edit]. Also the bots seem more interested in ramming each other now too.

Oh no not just other BOTs but when it comes to last resort will make every effort to ram you ( human) if it means taking you out. 

PS:  I see it as no different when you see humans do it to get that essential KILL.   Myself included if I am on my last leg of health.

Edited by Noworriesderpy1

[CVA16]
Members
8,871 posts
27,057 battles
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Don't know if it still applies, but if all humans die and they all leave the game automatically ends on a draw.

So if sunk and it looks like your team is going to lose, its better to bail back to port? But if you want to ensure the win your team seems to be heading toward, keep watching. I know if I continue to watch, the game continues to play out.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So if sunk and it looks like your team is going to lose, its better to bail back to port? But if you want to ensure the win your team seems to be heading toward, keep watching. I know if I continue to watch, the game continues to play out.

Yes, but from a stats/rewards standpoint, there is no difference between draws and losses.

[OGF]
Members
463 posts
9,764 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Unless all that's left is a bot CV I'll stick around.  Even if there are humans still left in the match, since I don't know what they intend to do if they die.  I might go and make a coffee or take a shower or something, sometimes I'll stick around and chat if they're chatty, but a bot CV isn't likely to clutch it so I'll eat the L and go.  But sometimes green bots can find their courage and save the match even against incredible odds, so I'll let it ride.  If it's looking like a points loss without enough time for the bot to save it, usually by that point it's only another minute or so anyway so I'll just run it out.  YMMV, but I find it's usually worthwhile giving the green bots a chance to save it.  Sometimes they do.

[CVA16]
Members
8,871 posts
27,057 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yes, but from a stats/rewards standpoint, there is no difference between draws and losses.

Did not realize that. I assumed a draw would be somewhere between the win and the loss for rewards

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Did not realize that. I assumed a draw would be somewhere between the win and the loss for rewards

In a draw, no one gets the 50% bonus.  

I suppose it could be done to spite the bots.

[CVA16]
Members
8,871 posts
27,057 battles
6 minutes ago, buglips said:

If it's looking like a points loss without enough time for the bot to save it, usually by that point it's only another minute or so anyway so I'll just run it out.

But if you give then enough encouragement and suggestions in chat (USE ALL CAPS SO THEY WILL NOTICE) they might just rally and pull out the win!:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Funny 1

[OGF]
Members
463 posts
9,764 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

But if you give then enough encouragement and suggestions in chat (USE ALL CAPS SO THE WILL NOTICE) they might just rally and pull out the win!:Smile_teethhappy:

I legit did that a bunch of times before installing the mod that let me see player/ship names.  I like to think they will remember it when Skynet goes active.    

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,277 battles
4 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

Started when the update dropped. I like it too.

Hapa says it is not a change or intentional, but "working as intended" and "normal", FWIW to you. :Smile_smile:

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles

I'm keeping track of the number of two-humans battles I get. They were thick and fast Sunday and Monday, less so afterwards, and when they occurred this week I was more often getting competent green bots who occasionally topped the team over both the humans.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm keeping track of the number of two-humans battles I get. They were thick and fast Sunday and Monday, less so afterwards, and when they occurred this week I was more often getting competent green bots who occasionally topped the team over both the humans.

Several of us divisioned most of the morning and early afternoon:  say, 15 or so matches.  There were five, 2x7 format matches.  The Division had three players so we were playing 4x5.  The day before, without divisioning, there were seven, 2x7 matches out of 19 games.  There were two matches where there were two divisions coming in (5 players and 4 bots....)

Haven't played tonight yet.  But, what ever this is, it isn't going away; and, my Ticket infers this is normal because not enough people are playing???

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
672 posts
27,254 battles
24 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Haven't played tonight yet.  But, what ever this is, it isn't going away; and, my Ticket infers this is normal because not enough people are playing???

Certainly wasn't Monday due to the event reset.  Haha!!   Launched to Co-op,  and I've not seen this error message in the 6 years of playing PVP/PVE/OPS.

Timestamp is Monday 16:36.  So it is 4:36pm server time. 

Newport was still up,  no way I'm changing modes to that.  :cap_haloween:  (just a little humour,  matchmaker got me into a Co-op game 15secs later when I re-tried.)

shot-21_04.19_16_36.58-0041.thumb.jpg.070956d6521952d41c8e6269111724c1.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles

Still 2 or 9 (no other).  More 2s today.

I don't really care, but something like this should have been in the patch notes.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Still 2 or 9 (no other).  More 2s today.

I don't really care, but something like this should have been in the patch notes.

As of this afternoon, Customer Support is standing by their response that what  we are seeing is normal MM behavior..........  And, they contend that the 2x7 repeating over and over and over again is normal MM behavior.

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
193 posts
20,950 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

As of this afternoon, Customer Support is standing by their response that what  we are seeing is normal MM behavior..........  And, they contend that the 2x7 repeating over and over and over again is normal MM behavior.

Well, then they should also be ready to state that the previous behavior, where there were many other variations of human and bot teams was broken for years.

If not, then it's just a PR lie and... well, ask me if I'm surprised about a Russian company engaging in blatant disinformation.

• Cool 1

[GPORT]
Members
351 posts
20,598 battles
12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Thats what the little 3x5 card says to give as an answer for the question .

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles

As of last night, the 2-human matches were still rare in my experience. Hell, I had one battle in which six of the nine humans died even more rapidly and uselessly than the bots sometimes do. That was an epic, EPIC carry.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As of last night, the 2-human matches were still rare in my experience. Hell, I had one battle in which six of the nine humans died even more rapidly and uselessly than the bots sometimes do. That was an epic, EPIC carry.

Some of us have had dozens of 2x7 matches in COOP....  In a Division yesterday, 30% of our game were 4x5....where the division was counted as one human....  We even had two divisions in one match where there were 5x4 humans/bots.

Yes, these is something decidedly amiss because a MM could not duplicate what we have seen since the Yamato missions "exactly duplicate"....... 

Members
1 post
75 battles

Seems like most of the 2 human games end up in losses for me. So I start to wonder if it's some way WG is "controlling" the win count for humans. And now to whip out my tinfoil cap and pull it on tight...I almost feel like some [Edited] from the other game mode complained to WG about the spectacularly good records of PvE players and wanted to "even things up" so that we sucked as bad as them. Just a thought. :Smile_sceptic: