You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paulnola

Did Hosho Torp planes get nerfed?

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFO]
Members
55 posts
4,348 battles

I played Hoshou before the commander rework and I remember that the torpedo squadrons would attack with two planes/two torps. Now it just attacks with one. Did this happen recently? 

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
26 minutes ago, paulnola said:

I played Hoshou before the commander rework and I remember that the torpedo squadrons would attack with two planes/two torps. Now it just attacks with one. Did this happen recently? 

Well it is a t4 carrier, and I think in the carrier rework it was probably changed. I am not sure through, although I have been seeing single torpedo Hosho attacks for a while

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

I think it was done a couple of patches ago, as people kept sealclubbing in Hosho.

Out of the T4 CVs I believe Langley is the one with two torp attacks.

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I think it was done a couple of patches ago, as people kept sealclubbing in Hosho.

Yes, and I found that three Langleys can sink a Bismarck with ease...well an AI one

Members
559 posts
12,364 battles

A few months ago I came across a player in ranked who was very salty. He kept bragging that he was a unicum player. I looked at his stats and he had 1400 games in the hosho. Every other ship he played he was sub 50% but in the hosho he was 64%. It was op with a 2 torp drop.

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts
On 4/22/2021 at 3:17 AM, warheart1992 said:

Guilty as charged... but not in a way you think.

Forming a "fail div" with tier 5s and hoping for a tier 7 match... and T-posing over tier 7s with what basically was a "better Ark Royal" prior to the most recent nerf.

Lets just say the in game chat was "hilarious" when a tier 4 CV sinks not 1 but 2 tier 7 DDs in the same match, by hitting them with torpedoes multiple times...

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles
On 4/22/2021 at 12:17 AM, warheart1992 said:

KMS Rhein as well