You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Neosodon

Captain skill auto resets

8 comments in this topic

[-BUI-]
Members
2 posts
7,190 battles

I haven't played wows in a few months. I came back and found that all my commander skills had been changed and automatically spent  by the game. I can't even reset them because you now need elite commander XP.  The only thing I can do now is dismiss and start with all new captain which would waste years of captain training progress. If there is a way to get a full reset I would like to know. If not I want to recommend that wargaming not forcibly spend people's captain XP every time their is a rework of the system. I would rather spend a few minutes looking at the new skills I want than have years of commander XP wasted on stuff I do not want.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
1 hour ago, Neosodon said:

I haven't played wows in a few months. I came back and found that all my commander skills had been changed and automatically spent  by the game. I can't even reset them because you now need elite commander XP.  The only thing I can do now is dismiss and start with all new captain which would waste years of captain training progress. If there is a way to get a full reset I would like to know. If not I want to recommend that wargaming not forcibly spend people's captain XP every time their is a rework of the system. I would rather spend a few minutes looking at the new skills I want than have years of commander XP wasted on stuff I do not want.

You are a bit late- there was a period of free resets for about a month, which ended on feb 15 2021. Now you must use elite sports or gold to reset. The skills when the rework happened were set to default “recommended” setups.

Edited by Boomer625

[-BUI-]
Members
2 posts
7,190 battles

Yeah, I haven't been on in a while. It doesn't make sense that wargaming would spend all your commander xp without your consent just because you were not on at the time of the patch.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
12 minutes ago, Neosodon said:

Yeah, I haven't been on in a while. It doesn't make sense that wargaming would spend all your commander xp without your consent just because you were not on at the time of the patch.

I doubt wargaming used your capt xp...it only redistributed the skill points to the recommended setup, for free. Btw i think you also should have recieved 500 gold for resetting, despite missing the time period to have resets for 100 gold only. Not sure, you may have had to login first to recieve it.

Edited by Boomer625

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,432 posts
14,956 battles

A good reason to keep informed on game changes even if not playing.

[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles

Before doing anything, contact Support. After some cases where a reset request by them was denied they seem to have changed policy.

If you haven't logged in at all during a specific period covering the skill rework patch then they might offer you a one time commander reset.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,155 posts
11,804 battles
6 hours ago, Neosodon said:

3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

If you haven't logged in at all during a specific period covering the skill rework patch then they might offer you a one time commander reset.

^This.

Submit a ticket. A while back there were several posts saying that customer support was performing a one-time manual reset of all commander skills for players who did not login at all during 0.10.0, when the skills were automatically distributed and there was an option to reset the skills for free. I’m not sure if they are still doing this or not, but it’s worth a shot.

Edited by Nevermore135