Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mercsn

Neptune Reverse Gear Bug

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

43
[DREAD]
Members
59 posts
1,065 battles

The Neptune's ability to enter reverse is bugged.  How to duplicate:  play Neptune, attempt to reverse.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
375
[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
36 minutes ago, Mercsn said:

The Neptune's ability to enter reverse is bugged.  How to duplicate:  play Neptune, attempt to reverse.

Condition of ship when bug occurs? Specific to specific game mode situation (specific locations/maps/etc)? What settings or mods are you using when bug occur?

 

screenshot/replay/video to understand more in depth of bug details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[DREAD]
Members
59 posts
1,065 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 11:43 PM, Boomer625 said:

 

Condition of ship when bug occurs? Specific to specific game mode situation (specific locations/maps/etc)? What settings or mods are you using when bug occur?

 

screenshot/replay/video to understand more in depth of bug details?

Every time, all the time.  Just died again to the ship not having a proper reverse gearing.  It's either a bug, or bad game design. I'm giving the developer the benefit of the doubt.  It've very annoying for a fat, squishy ship that needs to hump islands to not have a working reverse gear. This lack of reverse just killed me again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,642
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,495 posts
18,131 battles
1 hour ago, Mercsn said:

Every time, all the time.  Just died again to the ship not having a proper reverse gearing.  It's either a bug, or bad game design. I'm giving the developer the benefit of the doubt.  It've very annoying for a fat, squishy ship that needs to hump islands to not have a working reverse gear. This lack of reverse just killed me again.

If you can provide a replay, and better explain the bug, WG willing to look into it; as Hapa had stated before.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
702
[O7]
Supertester
442 posts
13,803 battles

Like other RN CLs and RN DDs, Neptune has unique acceleration properties where she has improved acceleration and can hold top speed in full turns, but struggles to de-accelerate at low speeds. 

From your description, it looks like you aren't familiar with RN CL acceleration as all RN CLs share the same general handling characteristics. Neptune is no exception. It doesn't help that Neptune is notoriously squishy and heavily punishes you for even minor mistakes. 

 

Basically, it's probably not a bug. 

Edited by Your_SAT_Score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,476
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,257 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 11:06 PM, Mercsn said:

The Neptune's ability to enter reverse is bugged.  How to duplicate:  play Neptune, attempt to reverse.

@Mercsn as we requested in your other topic "Nelson Revers Bug" could you please when reporting bugs attach replays so we can take a look at the issue.

I have personally attempted to replicate this issue in both the Nelson and Neptune and cannot.

Also, in the future, when reporting a bug it is always favorable to post evidence such as screenshots, or replays. Or run a WGCheck and put a CS ticket with all the evidence attached.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[DREAD]
Members
59 posts
1,065 battles
18 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

@Mercsn as we requested in your other topic "Nelson Revers Bug" could you please when reporting bugs attach replays so we can take a look at the issue.

I have personally attempted to replicate this issue in both the Nelson and Neptune and cannot.

Also, in the future, when reporting a bug it is always favorable to post evidence such as screenshots, or replays. Or run a WGCheck and put a CS ticket with all the evidence attached.

-Hapa

 

I'm not really into the replay thing and I'm not a beta tester.  I'm just reporting a bug that's pretty easy to replicate and occurs often.   Play a match.  Attempt to reverse.  Watch nothing happen.  Just happened again. I posted the bug with the Neptune and Nelson because these ships are the two that I've experienced the issue with. So, it's not a keybind or keyboard issue. 

Edited by Mercsn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,476
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,257 battles
4 hours ago, Mercsn said:

 

I'm not really into the replay thing and I'm not a beta tester.  I'm just reporting a bug that's pretty easy to replicate and occurs often.   Play a match.  Attempt to reverse.  Watch nothing happen.  Just happened again. I posted the bug with the Neptune and Nelson because these ships are the two that I've experienced the issue with. So, it's not a keybind or keyboard issue. 

Replays are automatically saved in the World of Warships folder under "Replays" folder, there isn't anything you have to do, other than attach it using the menu at the bottom of these post windows.

You are the first person to report any issues with reversing in either ship, and we are unable to duplicate this either, which is why we need a ticket (https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/) with a  WGCheck report attached (https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/22989/) or we need a replay attached.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×