Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

COOP Match Maker 2x7 Match Selection Anomaly

17 comments in this topic

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles

@foodprinter

When the Combat Mission for the Yamato was installed at the last update, the COOP Match Maker (MM) started selection teams of Two (2) Humans and seven (7) Bots when the COOP population was sufficient to field full 9x9 teams.  

This anomaly is persisting no matter the time periods and no matter of the actual population of players.  The Two Human players are often of the same tier but, that isn't 100% of the time.

A Ticket was submitted:   131173249: Questions about the matchmaker and the CSR responses:

"We cannot make players play the mode.

Each player chooses the mode by themselves.

I hope you understand the limitations and that you will keep enjoying the game."

and

" I want to inform you that "Understaffed" teams (11v11, 10v10, etc.) are possible. This is not a mistake. "

Is this 2x7 a Bug or has our host actually changed the COOP MM without letting the COOP community test this???

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

No changes, Coop MM has worked like that for years now. The MM screen is showing you all players in the queue, not all of them are at the right tier or ship type to match with you. That's why MM throws you into battle with bots after 30 sec if no one is available. And it's been that way as long as I can remember. So no, MM rules didn't change.

• Meh 5

[BEA5T]
Members
603 posts
19,207 battles
15 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

No changes, Coop MM has worked like that for years now. The MM screen is showing you all players in the queue, not all of them are at the right tier or ship type to match with you. That's why MM throws you into battle with bots after 30 sec if no one is available. And it's been that way as long as I can remember. So no, MM rules didn't change.

WELP alot of us are COOP Mains playing here for years and all hours through out the day so YES something changed since last update as this "anomaly"  (2X7 or Full human games) has not been a fixture like it is now.   

• Cool 1

[GPORT]
Members
258 posts
14,994 battles
20 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Are ya positive ? So far this past week its been 2 humans or all humans , with 1 today that was just me and 8 bots .

• Cool 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles
48 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yes, there have been significant code changes.....  Population has nothing to do with what is going on.  They "process" is way to symmetrical to be an anomaly or a bug....  Divisions of players caught in this Anomaly are treated as a single player !

This is NOT part of any MM I've ever worked on, coded for, or played with......  And yes, the MM "rules" have changed and have changed significantly.....  In the 3+ years I have never seen 2x7 matches occur.  Ever.  And, the frequency of these 2x7 matches are increasing.  

Why is the operative question...?  Is this a phase of the Skill Tree Change to devalue the player economy>?  Unannounced?  Is this part of the Skill Tree Change to drive players out of PVE?  Or, is this a simple BUG.....????  IMO, this is not a bug.

Beta Testers
119 posts
25,449 battles

I agree, also being a co-op main, this is ridicules. This last "error" has helped make my decision easier to step way back and pick-up other games.

[CK5]
Members
1,576 posts
16,305 battles

Something is different this week.  I have seen nothing but 2 human-7 bot matches or all human teams in coop.    

[PHD]
Members
270 posts
16,096 battles

There are a bunch of us with over 10K battles in co-op that think something has changed.

I'm frustrated with the response.

[L2S]
Members
1 post
5,608 battles

Not a PvE main here, but I have definitely noticed this over the past week or so. For myself I’m not complaining, I usually go to co-op to grind missions and having one (or sometimes no) other human makes it way easier to rack up the stats I need to blow through those objectives. 

I can totally understand though why PvE mains would be upset by this change and I hope for your sake and sanity that WG just admits they did something with the patch to mess up the MM. 

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles

Yea, somethings going on here. I just came back and it took me a bit to notice but im getting only 2/7 Player/Bot split or All players with no inbetween. One match so far since ive been back ive been the only bot player. Most of these have queues of 20-30 players in range. In the past a match could have a range of players between 1-7 players and it would happen too. It isnt doing that now.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,219 posts
14,636 battles
32 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yea, somethings going on here. I just came back and it took me a bit to notice but im getting only 2/7 Player/Bot split or All players with no inbetween. One match so far since ive been back ive been the only bot player. Most of these have queues of 20-30 players in range. In the past a match could have a range of players between 1-7 players and it would happen too. It isnt doing that now.

Same here. Didn’t really pay attention to the MM after the patch last week, but since I saw the first post about this a few days ago I’ve seen it followed in every single game (and the screenshots I have from a few of last week’s games are the same as well). I had one or two queue dumps super late Monday night where I was the only human, and divisioned players seem to count as one player (in the few games where it’s a division in a non 9 human game), but outside those two situations every co-op game since the patch has been 2 or 9 humans regardless of time of day and number of players shown in the MM range. 

Beta Testers
223 posts
16,788 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

No, a very definite change HAS taken place with co-op MM. As I recall, on the queue page, it says something to the effect of players "in your range' or "in your ships range," not just the total number of ships, by type in the queue, and that in-of-itself is not anything new. I'm aware of this because the 2/9 human player change has prompted me to reexamine everything in order to try to figure out just what is going on. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles

The coop queues must really be crowded today as there are no green bots to be found.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
55 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The coop queues must really be crowded today as there are no green bots to be found.

I had 3-4 2 human games.  The rest were all human.

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles

2/7 and full Human teams continue this AM. 

In the last game one of the bots took a random shot (single gun?) at me for one hit. No reds anywhere around, last one sunk 20 seconds prior. Bot at about 6k from me. I think they have trouble remembering what team they are on sometimes.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
36 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

2/7 and full Human teams continue this AM. 

In the last game one of the bots took a random shot (single gun?) at me for one hit. No reds anywhere around, last one sunk 20 seconds prior. Bot at about 6k from me. I think they have trouble remembering what team they are on sometimes.

I've had this happen.  They don't really notice if something is between them and a target.  You, an island makes no difference until they hit something.

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

I've had this happen.  They don't really notice if something is between them and a target.  You, an island makes no difference until they hit something.

In this case, there was absolutely nothing else it could have been shooting at and it was too close for it to have been a shell fired at a recently sunk target. It may have been a secondary shell. It didn't do much damage. I should have checked the after game.

Sign in to follow this