Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Warlord_Deadeye_Pete

Ise? Tier VII? Main battery reload, oh my!

9 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,868 battles

Just watched a YouTube stream an IJN Battleship Ise being driven, an unconverted Ise!!!  Almost identical in look and feel to a Fuso with possibly slightly better armor, but it has main battery reload booster as a consumable for to use moment you want to channel your inner Russel Crow and give 'em a little "surprise."  I like what I'm seeing.  It works without being OP because like the Fuso you still have those phenomenally long ranged guns, and you have 12 and a not insubstantial secondary battery but with like 5,5 Km range, and of course your ship is easily spotted from low earth orbit.  Still, basically a Fuso with all the refits and a Main battery reload booster.  Yea, I can work with that.

Edited by Warlord_Deadeye_Pete

[WOLFC]
Members
3,169 posts
11,840 battles
10 minutes ago, Warlord_Deadeye_Pete said:

Just watched a YouTube stream an IJN Battleship Ise being driven, an unconverted Ise!!!

This is Hyuga, the second ship of the class. Ise has been tested at tier VI as the aviation battleship conversion.

10 minutes ago, Warlord_Deadeye_Pete said:

It works without being OP because like the Fuso you still have those phenomenally long ranged guns, and you have 12 and a not insubstantial secondary battery but with like 5,5 Km range, and of course your ship is easily spotted from low earth orbit. 

The biggest thing that is going to keep her in check is 356mm guns at tier VII. 25mm plating is quite common in her MM spread, and the lack of overmatch against tier VI+ BBs and tier VIII+ cruisers will really hurt when bottom tier.

Edited by Nevermore135

[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,868 battles
Just now, Nevermore135 said:

This is Hyuga, the second ship of the class. Ise has been tested at tier VI in the aviation battleship conversion.

The biggest thing that is going to keep her in check is 356mm guns at tier VII. 25mm plating is quite common in her MM spread, and the lack of overmatch against tier VI+ BBs and tier VIII cruisers will really hurt when bottom tier.

Agreed, that why you aim high when a target is nose on with a Fuso, so you'll do the same with Ise/Hyuga.  Hit high nuff in the superstructure the shell often correct downward for full damage even though it wont citadel.. though every once in a while you do! and it's usually as much of a surprise to you as to the target!

[WOLFC]
Members
3,169 posts
11,840 battles
2 minutes ago, Warlord_Deadeye_Pete said:

Agreed, that why you aim high when a target is nose on with a Fuso,

Wait, you can actually hit bow-in targets with Fuso? :cap_book:

[SALVO]
Members
26,581 posts
31,379 battles

Honestly, I'm not the keen to see a TIER 7 version of the Hyuga in the game when the Ise is an exceptionally minimal upgrade over the Fuso.  I know that WOWS gets called an Arcade game (which grinds my gears, but whatever), but this is just too slim a difference to justify the Fuso being tier 6 and the Ise/Hyuga being tier 7.

Heck, I really think that the Dunkerque should have never been a tier 6.  It should have been a tier 7, like the Strasbourg.  I see the Strasbourg as fixing the original mistake.

I suppose that the California could also fall into this category.  But I think that it'd be fair to say that the Cali as presented at tier 7 is a legit WW2 upgrade, whereas the examples above really don't seem to be.

• Meh 1

[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,868 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 2:29 PM, Nevermore135 said:

Wait, you can actually hit bow-in targets with Fuso? :cap_book:

Umm, yea, takes practice though.. actually easier you do with the Fuso's ver. dispersion.  Fuso's guns tend (at least in feel) to spread deeper rather then wider. Practice it a bit, might be surprised how many hits you can with Fuso on target nose in.  Once you pen the superstructure the shells tend to normalize downward when above 12k from target.  And suddenly the armored deck gets penned and the target takes full AP Damage.  The does tend to utterly shock the player on the recieving end. So if your looking a pen and shatter issues., give aiming a hair high.  Be sure to adjust to account for time of flight against targets moving toward you or away from you.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,169 posts
11,840 battles
4 hours ago, Warlord_Deadeye_Pete said:

Umm, yea, takes practice though..

The joke.

Your head.

:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Nevermore135

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 4:19 PM, warheart1992 said:

You mean Hyuga?

Spoiler

Brave Warrior; the Sprit of the Lake asks;

Dis you lose this KC Hyuuga? Or this Aprpeggio Hyuuga?

oFGZfb.jpg

Sign in to follow this