You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vak_

In 0.10.4 we'll no longer get rewards for battle achievements (i.e. signal flags for First Blood, High Caliber, etc.)

234 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bulletin-0104/#updated-achievements-interface

Quote:

We have disabled the rewards that were previously issued for earning achievements. On the Live Server, they will be replaced by special chains of combat missions for Base XP in victorious battles. You can complete the missions in Operations; Brawls; and Ranked, Random, and Co-op Battles. This means that you can replenish your stocks of signal flags in the majority of battle types. The mission conditions take into account the varying difficulty of their completion depending on which type of battle you choose. For example, you can be a frequent winner in Co-op Battles, but receive less XP per battle, or you can quickly obtain the rewards by earning more XP per battle in a smaller number of victorious Random or Ranked Battles. The available rewards include More Signals containers and Gift containers.

I guess I understand what they're trying to do: make signals more accessible to large portions of the user base. Here is my issue, though: with the present system, you get additional material rewards for carrying hard, even if you lost the battle. That feels nice.

However, going forward this mechanism will get replaced with yet another grind that requires victories, like the one with daily missions now. I wonder, couldn't we keep some sort of extra rewards for doing really well in a match, even if your team ended up losing?

P.S. @Edgecase pointed something out that I didn't think of initially: you'll also no longer receive ten Juliet Charlie signals when you get detonated. This makes that already awful experience even worse.

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[GLF]
Members
1,185 posts
18,964 battles

So no longer any point in trying hard for the achievements either? 

I'm stuck here for 96 more premium days, barring getting any free ones.  They're just not making it feel necessary to stay beyond that:Smile_amazed:.   

ISO new nightly waste of time.... What games have people been moving to?  

• Cool 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Banned
1,684 posts

Economic downsizing is the direction WG is going.

Sure FTP gaming is still free .... BUT WG wants your cash and will do whatever they deem a monetary gain to the bottom-line.

It can't be proven but this is because of players leaving and/or playing less.

I love this game but I see it is headed for disaster. The big wigs have taken this game down a road that has a cliff at the end of it.

• Cool 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,178 posts

The rewards were the only things that made achievements worth getting.  WG, can you be any cheaper?  Every single patch it's some new way of taking something away.

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 7

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,939 battles

Is now the time WG should be cutting stuff from the game?

When you have a hard time keeping people, maybe cutting things away that the community enjoys is not the way to grow the game.

• Cool 12

[W_H_S]
Members
150 posts
9,258 battles

Yup this is total [edited] they are trying to make it so the only place to get flags regularly is the armory that way they can absorb the coal and silver people have and sell more silver packs to people to help the bottom line. This is a money grab that's all. So now you get no reward for doing something special in a game aside from a lil gold star well aint that special. I swear I am on the verge of saying goodbye to this game they are becoming more and more random. ALSO they said MANY MANY times before the commander skill rework if the made ANY!!!!!!!! changes we would be granted more respecs. WG get yer head out of your butt and look around. We are getting fed up with this stuff as of now I will not spend another dime on this game until WG stops screwing us over.

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,198 posts
29,400 battles

I have said for almost 2 years now that WG is just getting less and less generous.

• Cool 11

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

I'm expecting by 10.6 to have signal container removed... it would be exchanged for a mission container, that will reward you a chain of missions... "the reward for a job well done is the opportunity to do more well done jobs"

• Cool 6
  • Funny 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts

Achievement are not an easy thing to get nor should they be.

They still help with XP and so on.

Having the flags open to everyone is a good thing.

The only problem it now there are 6 levels of games before getting the steel.  Each one has to be done on its own game.  You can get 150k damage but it only counts for the 20k slot or 60k slot.

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
255 posts
9,710 battles

Why jump to the conclusion that they will be rarer? They could easily make them more abundant this way. Heck, some achievements I got days without getting and others I've only gotten a few times ever. That means my main source of signals for those has been events and boxes. I for one am excited about this and hope they don't intend this to be a way to short us all.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 5

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
436 posts
6,956 battles
11 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I have said for almost 2 years now that WG is just getting less and less generous.

How else are they going to fleece the whales when everyone else closes their wallets after all the horrible reworks.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
13 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

They could easily make them more abundant this way

HAHAHAHAHAHA  You are having a LAUGH right ?  WG making a thing more abundant lol.     

The only thing WG is making more abundant is another mission system on top of the already existing endless number of missions.  IF WG intended in any way shape or form to make the flags more abundant then they would have introduced these missions while leaving the current system as is! 

These new "missions" can have only one single goal. To very carefully and very sparsely and very carefully measure out allowances of combat flags and to drastically reduce the number of flags good players can earn.  In the old system you could get a bunch of flags in a single match if you carried hard.  The next match you could get more.   IN the new system You will earn no extra flags you can always only earn so many.  Moreover the new system is heavily tied to WINS.    I can guarantee you right now and right here that it will be near impossible to constantly run combat flags in every game  the way accomplished players can now.   

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Members
7,122 posts
23,149 battles
9 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Maybe WG will take away the ability to turn your ship to the right. Left turns only. If you want a right turn it will cost you 1000 credits per use.

Like night racing at Bristol? I would love that.

[REVY]
Members
8,442 posts
6,118 battles

It's reasons like this that I've committed my money to a ship model of a Battleship, over investing in this stingy game with no bright future.

• Cool 2

Members
7,122 posts
23,149 battles

This seems like no big deal, in fact, I hope you can repeat the rewards. I had 5 Krakens today and only got 10 flags. Anything to do with more gift containers is a good thing......

See the source image

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
6,572 posts
7,191 battles

It's ok, more participation trophies  for grinding instead of rewarding good play sounds good.

The icing on the cake is that even the rewards are RNG reliant, as you will be getting signals containers.

Edited by warheart1992

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I had 5 Krakens today and only got 10 flags.

Lol where? 

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts

as co-op never got those anyway lol, so end result i will get more now? cool

• Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
23,008 battles

Some things to add:

1. "More Signals and Camouflages" crates tend to give a lot of Type 1/2/5 camo, so the flag yields are actually low
  2. The kinds of flags you get are RNG, so you will run out the flags you actually use a lot and have to buy them out of the Armory/Premium Shop
  3. Missions are BXP on win, so sorry low WR players or anybody with a massive BXP loss
  4. Achievements just lost a lot of their feeling of reward, because I care A LOT less about Kraken Unleashed without the ESCL flags
  5. No more det flags on detonation, so not even a consolation prize anymore
Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
14,477 posts
30,708 battles

As usual WG's communication on this is poor. In the News article about 10.4 it says you earn the flags through combat missions and it is BXP based and on the Dev Blog it says it requires achievements to do the missions....

DevBlog:

ACHIEVEMENTS INTERFACE UPDATE
In 0.10.4, the interface of the "Achievements" section in the port will be updated:

Updated the appearance of the achievement screen;
Added categories and updated sorting of achievements;
Updated tooltips in the Port and post-battle statistics;
Disabled rewards for obtaining achievements. Now rewards can be obtained by completing special chains of combat missions, for the completion of which you need to receive achievements in battle.

News Article:

We have disabled the rewards that were previously issued for earning achievements. On the Live Server, they will be replaced by special chains of combat missions for Base XP in victorious battles. You can complete the missions in Operations; Brawls; and Ranked, Random, and Co-op Battles. This means that you can replenish your stocks of signal flags in the majority of battle types. The mission conditions take into account the varying difficulty of their completion depending on which type of battle you choose. For example, you can be a frequent winner in Co-op Battles, but receive less XP per battle, or you can quickly obtain the rewards by earning more XP per battle in a smaller number of victorious Random or Ranked Battles. The available rewards include More Signals containers and Gift containers.

I don't even play PVP so I can't get flags for achievements (have got a few in my limited PVP play but it isn't a thing for me) and I still think this is a bad change. Just leave it alone WG. Stop fixing things that aren't broken. People who earn achievements deserve the small flag reward. We don't need even more missions to grind out. AND, if the DevBlog is right and you need to earn achievements to do the missions this makes it harder, longer, more complicated, grindier, etc... for the players vs just giving them the flags when the achievement is earned in the 1st place.

It's starting to feel like this as far as being a player in WOWS with all the never ending grinds...

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

1. No more det flags on detonation, so not even a consolation prize anymore

WHAAAAA... That's mean man, I haven't realized that until your post... Pure coldheart mean.

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts

I suspect this is set up to make earning flags feel like a grind in the hopes it will make more people willing to buy flags in the armory.  Another possibility is WG felt not enough people have flags to use, so people aren't are buffing their combat efficiency enough for WG's liking.