You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PTS 0.10.4

56 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
23,008 battles

FYI: Your "HERE" text links to a different page (the Bulletin) than the PTS patch notes in the explicit URL.

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,940 battles

I don’t know why they still have these PTS . The rewards aren’t worth going on anymore

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

I don’t know why they still have these PTS . The rewards aren’t worth going on anymore

They run it to catch missed game breaking problems. The PTS is a great place to test builds, crazy and otherwise.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[--K--]
Members
5,428 posts
18,779 battles

Will this patch put the fun back into the game? 

• Funny 1

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,940 battles

PTS used to be fun back a few years ago now its not worth having 

[402]
Members
3 posts
1,529 battles

I think its great to try out different ships and for new players like myself get familiar with the game, that's how I learned a little about the game when I tried the public test and I'm still learning.   

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[FEB-M]
Members
210 posts
6,314 battles

PTS would be great IF someone in DEV Team actually read the feedbacks and bugs and replied, or at least acknowledge the bugs...
I heard thru the grapevine that they only pay some attention to RUssian forums...

Like the frustating PRIMARY MOUSE BUTTON BUG, that was introduced in PTS 0.10.3 R1, I reported, remained in R2, I reported again, remains on 0.10.3 GA, I reported one more time, and it persists in 0.10.4...  I reported 4th time. It was working fine until 0.10.2.

TL:DR:  Windows PRIMARY mouse Button can be either LMB or RMB. Respect MS-Windows setting. Do NOT bind controls to LMB.

I also opened support tickets. Those were CLOSED and operator says "Thanks for you suggestion, we're aware and working on a solution" ...  If they are "working on a solution", WHY they closed an unresolved support ticket / Incident? That's near to fraud, from compliance perspective.

image.png.6da78e888b58b56a5c87cd8c27f34146.pngimage.png.6d85306c60d175276c6aeb25d652db60.png

Edited by Alloh
  • Cool 2

[FEB-M]
Members
210 posts
6,314 battles

Despite the frustrating "use LMB instead of Primary Mouse Button" bug, let's evaluate the release

• LIKED
    • Battle of Beast theme event. But I would prefer to see 2 or 4 teams representing AXIS and ALLIES.... like teams WOLF and SUN for Axis, and CROWN and EAGLE for Allies.
    • German DD collection. My fav navy is KM...
    • Changes in Commander Skills, specially the DEADEYE being gone. Next plz make those skills to be relative to the CREW, represented by commander, and add a NON-MAGIC explanation to each one.
    • Updated achievement interface. Now just add [ search ]  for names
  •  DISLIKED
    • German DD collection rewards... too poor...  give a permacamo for one researchable german DD on each section!
    • Auctions. Just NO.
    • Changes in Commander Skills does not allow a ship to use other classes skills, like, Heavy Cruisers can pick either BB or CA skill set, while Light Cruisers can choose one of CA or DD skills...
    • Changes in Commander Skills: Get rid of MAGIC skills, starting with "Buff IF enemy ship sees/is near you". What happens on another ship cannot affect my ship!
    • PRIMARY MOUSE BUG, starting from 0.10.3.pts1, persisting in 0.10.4 ...  unbeliveable! 

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Beta Testers
138 posts
11,773 battles

Also use this to "practice" more,  it'll benefit you on the main server - ship builds , ship class tactics etc 

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Beta Testers
138 posts
11,773 battles

Will the seasonal PT rewards be coming back to the PTS . (Spring,summer,Autumn , Winter etc) Just out of interest ????

[SCREW]
Members
435 posts
21,483 battles

Swift in Silence for BB's needs to either be permanent or have the same active requirement as Deadeye. Simply being detected makes it useless about 75% of the game, and a huge waste of 4 skill points which could otherwise be put into more survivability or damage output. If it is to remain as is, It should at most be a 1 or two point skill. 

Super Heavy AP Shells also still costs too much for what you gain. I would suggest a further reduction to the penalty, at most 20%, but i would hope for 10-15%, especially in light of DD's getting a flat positive buff in fearless brawler. That's more damage they will be doing to said BB's with no repercussions, and BB's have to pay a price to do a fraction more damage? That's hardly balanced. Frankly, I don't believe there should be any penalty for BB's taking this skill, Since it's really notthat much of a boost. 

The Auction just sounds bad. It started out good, but then there's the part at the end about only receiving a single flag for your bid, and not knowing what other people are bidding. If it were an actual auction, where it's winner take all, that would at least be worthwhile. But this frankly communistic approach to it, where "everyone wins", just feels like a waste of time.

• Cool 2

[-REI-]
Members
17 posts

I tried taking Swift in Silence on Georgia; and it's fun to run at 43 knots (Even though I heard it would need some magic to really do so irl).
But it also resulted in me rushing into a place with no intel and I exploded a few times because I made bad decisions. 

First question (I didn't meet cvs at all so I'm asking here): Does plane spotting negate SiS? That would be quite painful for some BB players...

2nd question: can we change SiS to its opposite effect, by buffing the speed of "spotted" battleships?  I think it would benefit a lot of battleships by giving them more maneuverability to disengage, or get enemy ships into my secondary range sooner. It's just a thought, of course. I can't really change anything lul.

3rd question (not really): I tried using support fighter skills. I honestly think the +25% duration is really a lot for vision and protecting teammates. Good job!

4th question: I really hate the hidden menace thing on cv skills. It kind of does more harm than good because my planes have a higher possibility of dying before they return to my deck. Will there be any fixes to that skill? I think making the negative effects positive like what you did to "reaction" would make it a popular skill. :)

Edited by Co_rin
minor edit.
  • Cool 1

[GONE]
Members
299 posts
8,288 battles

MOGAMI: It has 3 2X turrets in the front, but I only see 4 shells in the air when firing a salvo.

If I'm lucky, I only see one other person in Random after a 10 minute wait, so trying for the 8,000 BXP mission just isn't worth it. CoOp would take too long, & if the humans are sunk the game just continues. Then there's the "Early Termination of battle" message. WTH?

The MiniMap does not seem to remember the previous magnification setting.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,273 battles
On 4/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, HoboCadet said:

Will the seasonal PT rewards be coming back to the PTS . (Spring,summer,Autumn , Winter etc) Just out of interest ????

They could possibly if more people played PTS.

We have a very large portion of the community globally that understand that PTS is to help catch mechanic bugs etc and play during PTS for this reason. However, often times, those rewards end up being abused and sections we need testing for do not get tested.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
568 posts
9,216 battles

Battle of the beasts was not appealing. The missions were too much too quickly for a casual player. I'm not sure how my actions helped the team and the missions were segregated from the combat mission tab so I couldn't see all available missions in one window.

[TAZ]
Members
941 posts

Lower the prices in the auction, no way a flag should not be (1500 doubloons or $6 USD) higher than a 6 point captain and 5 camouflages (1000 doubloons or $4 USD).  Really, why are you ALWAYS trying to gouge your player base.

[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
487 posts
26,959 battles

1. need a login popup to remind when is time to sign up for Battle of the Beasts (user can opt-out)

2. didn't see any mission after getting achievements, guess not part of testing?

3. didn't see auction, guess not part of testing?

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,518 posts
11,033 battles
On 4/21/2021 at 12:40 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

PTS notes HERE

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-0104/

Please leave feedback below!

If you have any bugs to report, you can submit them here after the patch goes live.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BELOW

Look, I cannot be kind about this:

For battleships, the Dead Eye skill is replaced with the Swift in Silence skill, giving battleships a 10% increase in speed while the ship remains undetected. This way, we add more options for battleships in terms of positioning, allowing them to engage in combat or change position in a skirmish faster. When Update 0.10.4 goes live, all Commanders with the Dead Eye skill mastered will have their battleship skills reset free of charge. Skills related to the other ship types will not be reset.

First of all, a 10% speed increase does NOTHING for BBs which are slow like Vermont. 2kn makes no freaking difference. Let's drop the cowdung pile and call it what it is: A lazy quick change which obviously benefits only the fast soviet BB sniper SLAVA. No other ship whatsoever gains any benefit from 10% faster while in stealth. French and USN fast BBs don't have the accuracy at range to need to displace to stay at range, they just need to go forward... Yamato type ships have horrid accuracy at long range because of the laughable massive vertical dispersion so they are not going to be sniping citadels from long range. Only ONE ships benefits from it.. SLAVA.

BB super-heavy AP shells being increased to 7% and the fire/flood duration dropped by 5% also does effectively nothing worth the skill points since you STILL have to burn skill points AND equipment slots to counter the massive downside to the skill. 

Resetting only those capt's with dead-eye is incredibly stupid as well as there are ships, particularly cruisers and non-sniper BBs that had CHANGED their capt skills to counter or benefit somewhat from said skill. 

How hard is it to do the right thing? 

Deadeye was NEVER the problem. It was the fact you nerfed secondaries into being utterly useless. No secondaries means no german and french ships and USN Secondary ships push...which if you had been watching 'stats' along with what actually HAPPENED in the game so you would have PROVENANCE of the issues you would have realized in less than an hour. Without these ships pushing the task is left to the soviet BBs and they can't solo-push through hordes of cruiser HE spam. French and German and said USN BBs took deadeye only because it was the only skill left that made SENSE to take since their secondaries were made useless. 

THE FIX TO THIS WAS SIMPLE: RETURN SECONDARY GUN ACCURACY. Deadeye would at that point only be useful to the sniper BBs which it was designed to benefit. To boot, deadeye should have given also a bonus to secondary gun accuracy in a way that once a red ship is detected in secondary range, the deadeye bonus switches to secondary guns not main guns. 

Super heavy AP shells should never have had a DOT-damage penalty upon self. It should have REDUCED MAX RANGE instead. A simple -10% range, +10% AP damage does the trick. It makes sniper BBs come in closer where they risk being hit by non-sniper BBs at the front and rewards in return with equivalent damage increase which only really becomes decisive in the case of a citadel hit. 

Since this is in context of super-heavy AP ... italian secondaries should've been made to fire AP like the old IJN ones. Super-heavy AP shouldve also applied to secondaries in PENETRATION capability which would have made the 90mms be able to deal damage to a DD ... but it requires a tradeoff of skills with other secondary skill options. 

How hard is this to figure out?

• Cool 3

[TF1S]
Members
6 posts
1,116 battles

I had a strange glitch, where a ship (cruiser), that I had directly in front of my sight (Destroyer) disappeared and rematerialized in my ship without collision, then disappeared again and appeared way behind its original position.  Torps went right through it , but I got hit. I did not expect any of this, the hit killed my ship.  Internet was ok that day, but maybe our Internet had a glitch. Just to let you know. 

[FEB-M]
Members
210 posts
6,314 battles

PTS 0.10.4 R2 finally fixes Left-Handed Mouse bug, partially. Bug is properly reported/updated in PTS bugs forum. This is a suggestion.

If using LMB as "Freecam", the "Lock Secondaries" control no longer works, anyway. Ctrl-DoubleClick with LMB or RMB remains ignored. If I bind Freecam to LMB, it resumes working as expected, locking a target when Ctrl-Dclk on target's tag.

But there is NO CONTROL for "Lock Secondaries" in "Controls" tab! No way I can reassign that command. And that led me to suggest a CHANGE in the way we control that.

Use "Weapon 4" (default key '4') to "Lock Secondaries", and create a visible "Control" for "Lock Secondaries" inside "Configurations/Controls". 

Only this would be a good improvement, making the secondaries more integrated to remaining controls.

Would be even better if you also change the "Ctrl-Dclick on TAG" to "Weapon 4 - shoot on target" to lock secondaries. Then, instead of an immersion breaker to Ctrl-Dclick on a floating TAG, the player would simply select "4" and shoot at desired enemy ship to lock secondaries, then smoothly select 1/2/3 to continue shooting...

And shall work with freecam/freelook, exaclty as it works currently. Just don't change that...

(And to improve this sort of integration, make "Drop Depth Charges" become "weapon 5")

[CAN1A]
Members
26 posts
20,140 battles

I had several windows out of resources errors while playing on the PTS.  No consistent activity caused it.