You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PTS 0.10.4 BUG REPORTS

13 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Shipmates, if you encounter any bugs or technical issues during the Public Test 0.10.4 session feel free to report it in this thread.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT

Please follow this template for submitting bugs.

1. Description
Short description of an issue with required details.
Example: spotting-aircraft doesn't work on Iowa battleship

2. How to reproduce
Exact steps need to be made to reproduce the issue
Example: 1.Take Iowa battleship with spotting-aircraft equipped 2. Go in battle 3. Try to launch spotting-aircraft

3. Result
What's the result of the issue.
Example: after pressing spotting-aircraft activating button you can hear an aircraft sound but nothing happens, the aircraft stands still.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[FEB-M]
Members
206 posts
6,282 battles

FIXED in PTS 0.10.4 R2...  Thanks!

only minor bugs persist, as now LMB and RMB are reversed in "CONTROLS" screen. I.e., using Left-Handed mouse, I must click on RMB where I want to use LMB, and vice-cersa, so they work as expected in gameplay.

When using LMB as freecam, with reversed, the Ctrl-DClick on enemy tag to "Lock secondaries" does not work. There is no command for it. 
Also in mouse image in POP-UPS in port / main interface. But that's really no issue, it does not interfere in gameplay. 

I suggest bind "Lock Secondaries" to "weapon 4", quick fix, much more integrated to other controls.

STILL FAILLING IN 0.10.4-pts - Reported in PTS 0.10.3. R1, R2 and official release!! 
Other players reporting the same, anyone who uses left-handed mouse is affected!!!

1. Descrition
New release does not conform to "Primary Mouse Button", thus its main interface does not accept mouse Right Button, enforcing to use only LEFT button. i.e., left-handed mouse defined in windows is ignored. Previous versions of game does respect "primary button" from windows.

This happens in PORT and also in gameplay. I have a full "canhoto" (left-handed) setup, using numeric keypad for navigation/ weapons/ consumables, and everything else works fine as 0.10.2 game client, new PTS uses all my configs, except mouse B1/B2. If I fix in PTS, breaks the normal game client Primary/secondary mouse button.

Windows' PRIMARY Mouse Button does not have to be "RMB" nor "LMB", can be either, user-defined. That's why there's the "Primary/Secondary" mouse button concept...

2. How to reproduce
In Windows Control Panel, setup your mouse as left-handed. Make RIGHT button the primary mouse button.
Open game client 0.10.3 PTS. Main interface ignores right button and remains only responding to left button.
Open game client 0.10.2 (regular). Main interface accepts Windows' defined primary button

3. Result
Left-handed users are forced to use left button as main/primary mouse button.

image.png.6da78e888b58b56a5c87cd8c27f34146.pngimage.png.c931271417572ccd478ce3aa8f0618ba.png

Edited April 5 by Alloh

Edited by Alloh

[GSPOT]
Members
6 posts
7,307 battles

Not sure if this a bug in the program or error in the update, but something like 60% (or more) of my games when they are ended produce only a black screen and if you hit esc. it tells you you've got a "critical error" and shuts down the game after giving you the message to run the "check and repair."  I've run that probably not less than a dozen times with no fix to this problem.  

[OGV]
Members
1 post
5,420 battles

Thanks for this interest. I can't test the game because I can't get it to download at more than about 2 or less kbps. About 36 hours to get 16%. Same for the game itself. And, no, it is not my computer nor my connection, bandwidth, etc. Can't even get enough to generate reports anyway. Any ideas. All of this started with the server shutdown which totally tanked my game. Having to reinstall.

[402]
Members
3 posts
1,517 battles

Is Public Test over? I tried to log on for the past 2 days and nothing.

Members
1,120 posts

republique and shikishima main guns when fired at a ship and that ship disappears the shells do not go where i fired them ....shells are falling short of the target and they shouldnt be doing that....this was fixed over the weekend but this seems to be happening again....

not sure if you test server guys are interfering with the live server guns ...but somebody or something is 

[CRF]
Members
1,075 posts
9,380 battles
2 hours ago, BklynRuben said:

Is Public Test over? I tried to log on for the past 2 days and nothing.

typically PTS runs Thursday thru Sunday.  New one should be up tomorrow or Friday...

[FEB-M]
Members
206 posts
6,282 battles

PTS 0.10.4 R2 fixes "Left-Handed Mouse" bug partially, but raises 2 other:

....NOTE: both cases refer to a Windows installation with Primary Mouse Button = RMB....

1. Description
    1. LMB/RMB are reversed in CONFIGURATIONS / CONTROLS, when Windows' Primaru Mouse button is reversed (Primary=RMB). So, to use RMB as "fire gun", I must set LMB! 
    2. When I set LMB to FREELOOK, I no longer can use "Lock Secondaries", as [Ctrl][Dclick] on ship's tag with any mouse button is ignored - LMB/RMB/MMB  

2. How to reproduce
    1. in Windows Control Panel, Mouse, check [Alternate Mouse Button] to change Primary Mouse Button to RMB
    2. Install WoWs PTS 0.10.4 Release 2, open game, load a match or training.

3. Results
    1. Define RMB as FreeLook, and LMB as Shoot. Enter game. Now RMB shoots, and LMB gives freecam...
      1. In default settings, the RMB and LMB are reversed, i.e., choose RMB in Controls but must use LMB in game
    2. Define LMB as Freecam/Freelook, RMB to shoot.
      1. You no longer can "Lock Secondaries."
    3. Define "Mouse4" as Freelook, Now the "Lock Secondaries" works as expected, just Ctrl-Dclick RMB on target's tag.
    4. There is NO WAY to redefine "Lock Secondaries". Such Control is not exposed.
      1. While on theme, why not just use "Weapon 4" for secondaries? Much better integration with remaining weapon controls! 

image.png.254c77bae5149fd02eef6acc7eef2663.pngimage.png.d3a730b2451f6acb6e15377a60f23ed0.png

Edited by Alloh

[DTM]
Members
1 post
5,047 battles

With the Parseval, I don't know if the fighters target indicator is suppose to cycle away and back even while flying over open ocean. Also not sure if the dive bombers in the couple matches that I played were unlucky enough for the entire squadron to go down with lucky AA shot. I saw this with both basic and upgraded ships.

[GSPOT]
Members
6 posts
7,307 battles

The only major issue I had was the same as last round.  This thing is constantly kicking me out of the game at the end of battle.  Screen goes black and won't reload.  I've run the check and repair 2 dozen times, but to no avial.  It doesn't do it every time, but proably 8 or 9 out of 10 games.  If you get killed and check out early, it doesn't seem to be a problem and sends you back to port fine.  It's only when the battle ends that it does this.  It doesn't seem to matter what tier or what map you are playing.  

[TF1S]
[TF1S]
Members
6 posts
1,107 battles

Is the Server down? I can not log in anymore for a few days already? 

[TX]
Members
21 posts
21,590 battles

New update a few days ago wiped out my identities (4) on the PT and TST servers. What's up?