You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
freggo

Dead Eye reset unfair

61 comments in this topic

[PUMA]
Members
1,213 posts
11,117 battles

"When Update 0.10.4 goes live, all Commanders with the Dead Eye skill mastered will have their battleship skills reset free of charge. Skills related to the other ship types will not be reset."

I think allowing a reset only to those who have selected Dead Eye is unfair !

Example: I reset several BB commanders to include Concealment (not that you can conceal floating islands like GK) simply because i am the brawler type and have no use for Dead Eye.

However, if the new speed option would have been available I sure as hell would have picked that over concealment!

So those who picked Dead Eye get to upgrade their top speed while i am stuck with my unloved extra concealment :-(

I think this is unfair to those of us who did not pick Dead Eye.

Your opinion ?

• Cool 12
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,650 posts
26,535 battles

WG is only getting stingier with the skill resets from here on out it seems.

The last real big set of changes to the core of the game was the CV Rebork of 2019.  Like the recent Skill Rebork, it had an initial, automatic free skill reset for a period of time.  The big difference was that there were several periods post-CV Rebork where there were changes to CVs and AA system and we had 1-2 other skill resets happen.  But then when further changes kept happening, the skill resets stopped happening, period.

Now with the Skill Rebork, WG has become a lot more stingy about these skill resets.  These game sweeping changes are now a means of monetization.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Sad 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,498 posts
11,399 battles

If you are looking for "fair" you are looking at the wrong game.  

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,498 posts
11,399 battles

The commander rework in general was completely unfair.  To achieve the same level of effectiveness that our 19 point captains used to have would take anywhere from 24-26 points and that's for the ships that even have access to the skills they would need.  Ships like Flint just got the shaft and don't even get me started on what they did to the 3 premium/special USN secondary ships.

My advice, find a couple ships you can still enjoy and play them but stop spending money on this game.  Revenue is their driving force not participation.   Maybe when enough people have had enough of their shenanigans and become completely F2P players it will effect their bottom line enough that they will actually start listening to the player base.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 2

[VORTX]
Members
688 posts
8,873 battles

As is the popular opinion, the rework is a crapshow. Dead eye is awful. Zaps and one hit kills cruisers but sit 20 k back and won’t move forward. I’m happy to see it go. 

there are aspects of the rework I like. Have individual skill sets for types of ships and the ability to spec for each class is awesome. Skills themselves obviously need a lot of work. I also feel a universal reset should be in order for the class whenever skills are changed. Of course, WG isn’t going to do this because $$. WG is torpedoing their own game. Lucky for them, it’s still a pretty fun game besides some toxic elements. 

the shift from 19-21 points is the catch. Talk about a crapmove. 1.2 million xp to go  from 19-21. WG couldn’t even keep their own curve. Load of crap. 

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Members
1,121 posts
58 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

If you are looking for "fair" you are looking at the wrong game.  

this isnt a game its a soap opera....

• Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,526 posts
12,874 battles

That’s life nothing is fair ! 

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
2 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Maybe when enough people have had enough of their shenanigans and become completely F2P players it will effect their bottom line enough that they will actually start listening to the player base.

In theory, yes.

But the reality is that too much of the player base is:

”Tie me up!! Tie me down!! Whip me, beat me, HurtmeHurtme!!!/Why don’t you respect me, WG??/Do that to me again, WG!! please?”

...and there seems to be no danger of them running out of that type, any time soon.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,661 posts
7,508 battles
3 hours ago, freggo said:

However, if the new speed option would have been available I sure as hell would have picked that over concealment!

This does not make sense. Why would you pick an option that requires stealth over an option that gives stealth.   What I mean is you will need the stealth buff in order to make better use of the Speed buff.  If you are picking speed over stealth you are devaluing the speed buff. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts

I can't believe how entitled some of you are. WG just gave you an extended period of free commander reset and there is another one coming in the fall. The magnitude and consistency of the free stuff WG gives out to those who simply play its games consistently baffles the mind and makes one wonder how they actually can make any money.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
668 posts
18,933 battles

"When Update 0.10.4 goes live, all Commanders with the Dead Eye skill mastered will have their battleship skills reset free of charge. Skills related to the other ship types will not be reset."

I think allowing a reset only to those who have selected Dead Eye is unfair !

Example: I reset several BB commanders to include Concealment (not that you can conceal floating islands like GK) simply because i am the brawler type and have no use for Dead Eye.

So those who picked Dead Eye get to upgrade their top speed while i am stuck with my unloved extra concealment :-(

I think this is unfair to those of us who did not pick Dead Eye.

Your opinion ?

Personally I don't have too much of an issue with it. The BB skill was removed not changed like the others, though I get your point. Also they stated that in the Autumn they will do a further rework and that at that time it will be a full available reset so you have 2 choices, be patient or spend your resource until then. Personally I'm tired of jacking around with my captains all the time.  

• Cool 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,498 posts
11,399 battles
18 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

In theory, yes.

But the reality is that too much of the player base is:

”Tie me up!! Tie me down!! Whip me, beat me, HurtmeHurtme!!!/Why don’t you respect me, WG??/Do that to me again, WG!! please?”

...and there seems to be no danger of them running out of that type, any time soon.

You are right however after 4 years of playing and spending an absurd amount of money on this game I have acquired a fleet diverse enough that no matter what they screw up or how bad I will at least have one or two ships that are enjoyable enough to play.   Point being I no longer need anything else and it may only be a drop in the bucket for them but it is my drop and I am keeping it to spending elsewhere. 

• Thanks 3

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,021 posts
10,383 battles

Concealment is a great skill on pretty much any ship (except for carriers, lighthouse builds, that sort of thing). WG did you favor! ;)

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

Your opinion?

Tbh, I can't think of a single game instance where having better concealment is not useful.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,964 battles

I suppose this is a gap in their reset plan that deserves to be looked at. I suspect the answer will be no, though.

[SALVO]
Members
3,661 posts
7,508 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Tbh, I can't think of a single game instance where having better concealment is not useful.

Light house build cruisers to boost  "Top Grade Gunner" 

Some spammy DD builds like gunboat grozi before the skill rework. 

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

Light house build cruisers to boost  "Top Grade Gunner" 

Some spammy DD builds like gunboat grozi before the skill rework. 

Lighthouse build is a freaky aberration of nature but sure, you don't want concealment there... Any other situation is a trade off you make, not something you do because it is useless. Imo, concealment is always useful, just sometimes there's no room for it in tour build.

[SALVO]
Members
3,661 posts
7,508 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Lighthouse build is a freaky aberration of nature but sure, you don't want concealment there... Any other situation is a trade off you make, not something you do because it is useless. Imo, concealment is always useful, just sometimes there's no room for it in tour build.

LoL  i agree 95% of the time i take concealment.   Talking about it made me wanne theorycraft a lighthouse build as I hadn't done so yet. So this one definitely is not optimized yet but it turns out you can get the Henry past 20km concealment:

Henry.thumb.JPG.3cb6f05d4cdc7ebdb374717755ef1e71.JPG

I think I might be turning my Henry into this to try it out lol. 

Edited by eviltane

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,986 battles
2 hours ago, arch4random said:

this isnt a game its a soap opera....

Like sand through the hourglass...

Banned
1,684 posts
51 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I can't believe how entitled some of you are. WG just gave you an extended period of free commander reset and there is another one coming in the fall. The magnitude and consistency of the free stuff WG gives out to those who simply play its games consistently baffles the mind and makes one wonder how they actually can make any money.

Have a Snickers Bar I am sure you will feel better.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles
9 minutes ago, eviltane said:

LoL  i agree 95% of the time i take concealment.   Talking about it made me wanne theorycraft a lighthouse build as I hadn't done so yet. So this one definitely is not optimized yet but it turns out you can get the Henry past 20km concealment:

Henry.thumb.JPG.3cb6f05d4cdc7ebdb374717755ef1e71.JPG

I think I might be turning my Henry into this to try it out lol. 

I tried something like that during the free reset period but I just can't play a cruiser like that, it makes me prefer to pull out my teeth with a Vise-grip. Less flexible build ever for playing Solo, in a Div with some of the guys... sure you might have some fun with it.

• Haha 1

Members
665 posts
17,975 battles

I agree that battleship skills should get a blanket reset. The only gamedev reason retraining costs anything at all is to prevent people from having one captain and moving them around. People aren’t going to suddenly sell captains because of one reset.

I don’t care for the whole “WG is greedy” trend on these forums, but this certainly seems like a bald-faced cash grab.

Edited by Telastyn
  • Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I agree. This is to take away a skill that was relentlessly murdering helpless cruisers in Randoms. I play all ships and even I saw the disparity of how this skill made the cruiser mains feel sad. They actually went in Co-Op. The last place they wanted to go and played there. They hated it. They hated it so much that they were gloomy gus to everybody there, but were at least productive there. But it sucked because they couldn't do the things they wanted to do. Imagine being refugees from a homeland and being unhappy? Imagine being victims of AP and Thundy HE flames? Some might have had tears. I would not be able to tell. Half of them were probably drinking their pain away.

Was it fair with Dead Eye? *Audience "No!" Did it need to go? *Audience "Yes!"

So sure, those that had the skill on have to get a freebie reset. If you didn't pick it, then oh well. 

But like Snarg says, we get another free reset in the fall, assuming human civilization survives Godzilla and Kong. 

Come on guys, stop complaining for once. I am glad cruiser players are happy. Now they won't be so Emo and wear black all the time, wear guyliner and piercings, listen to My Chemical Romance all the time, and maybe smile for once. 

At least until WG nerfs the fire chance..*climbs wall with Batman's gas-operated Grappling hook before the Forumites throw vegetables and flaming Pusheens at me.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[SR-_-]
Members
4,910 posts
46,424 battles
8 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Have a Snickers Bar I am sure you will feel better.

Some of them may need to cut back on the caffeine too. Wg should have had the tranquilizer guns at the ready when they made this announcement. Just in case. Just imagine what will happen when they announce the Sailor Moon Promo Event. LOL

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

they should still reset everyone, even those currently inactive and leave us to do with the skills as we please...  

this current attitude is a big let down by wg, after they forced recommended skill sets on players, which they will still be doing with this reset, except for those bb skills...

in Tanks they didn't think they should be making decisions for the players when doing a skill rework...  , but in Ships they sure do...

• Cool 2