Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Paolo Emilio puts the sauce on my pasta

10 comments in this topic

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles

Hey, how much fun do you want to have? : Yes

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[TF16]
Members
304 posts
14,145 battles

I can’t make this ship work for the life of me 🤨

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,805 posts
38,185 battles

Just got enough to get Paolo Emilio, but even though I am a DD main, I see it as a one-trick pony, so I am working on Slava instead. Not sure if that is right.

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,724 posts
23,109 battles
21 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Just got enough to get Paolo Emilio, but even though I am a DD main, I see it as a one-trick pony, so I am working on Slava instead. Not sure if that is right.

Yeah I busted my bank to get both, Slava first...also a one trick pony and highly situational, the Paulo is tricky, one must resist the urge to yolo and wait/set up opportunities to make it work.

[TSF]
Members
549 posts
15,191 battles

Paolo is one of the few things WG has gotten right recently. 

Paolo is unique.

Paolo is refreshing.

And most importantly...

Paolo is fun.

[NUWES]
Members
3,481 posts
13,149 battles
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Slava is also a one-trick pony. It's just a different trick. 

[B_Y_F]
Members
711 posts
16,293 battles
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

No, it's not.

Need to get close to use torpedoes doesn't mean you have to or should die for it. Get some one time yolo damage may not be that hard, to influence the battle outcome many other DD trick is needed. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts

Interesting -  good choice to spread the torps against DD's cause you really only need 1 when their HP is that low.  Gotta remember that one. :cap_like:

I would be using SAP though - does more damage in my experience.

BTW, for anybody considering this ship, it is an OP god in co-op.  The only thing you fear is the opposing DD's torps.  I'm averaging over 500 realXp.  Prints 200K of credits every time.  If you get less then 100K in damage, it feels like a failure.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles
3 hours ago, IAF_NASTY said:

I can’t make this ship work for the life of me 🤨

Wait for mid game until radar is dead. Before that, cap far caps, spot, and use sap occasionally on dd that shows up. Use clusters of islands to sneak up on people. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,805 posts
38,185 battles
1 hour ago, sapient007 said:

No, it's not.

Need to get close to use torpedoes doesn't mean you have to or should die for it. Get some one time yolo damage may not be that hard, to influence the battle outcome many other DD trick is needed. 

I understand the play. I've seen enough of them (got killed by them only once). I am a DD main with a few battles as you can see, so I know what I'm doing.

I do not know Slava at all, and seen/engaged very few, therefore my comment if it is right (or better) to work on Slava (or maybe Ohio but BBs I have plenty and do not interest me), instead. I would be happier with a DD, but not in a hurry to add another one to a zillion collection, therefore the comment. RB is hard to come by and a PITA so I want to be careful on the next choice.

Sign in to follow this