You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.10.4

62 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,454 posts
30,479 battles

We have disabled the rewards that were previously issued for earning achievements. On the Live Server, they will be replaced by special chains of combat missions for Base XP in victorious battles. You can complete the missions in Operations; Brawls; and Ranked, Random, and Co-op Battles. This means that you can replenish your stocks of signal flags in the majority of battle types. The mission conditions take into account the varying difficulty of their completion depending on which type of battle you choose. For example, you can be a frequent winner in Co-op Battles, but receive less XP per battle, or you can quickly obtain the rewards by earning more XP per battle in a smaller number of victorious Random or Ranked Battles. The available rewards include More Signals containers and Gift containers.

The updates to this section will allow us to add more achievements to the game in the future.

Blue Part: This part of the change is kind of funny. You can't earn any achievements in Co-op but if you earn them in PVP you can go to Co-op to do the mission to get the reward. I don't care who you are that right there is down right funny. :Smile_facepalm::fish_palm::fish_boom::Smile_veryhappy:

Red Part: Now this gives me a slim little sliver of hope that FINALLY Co-op might actually get some achievements of it's own like Sub_Octavian said (in a Q&A on Reddit when I asked) were in the works years ago but have never shown. I mean Co-op is the only mode in the game without achievements. So I hope that some of those future ones the article talks of at least drop a few our (Co-op mains) way. It's long over due. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[WKY12]
Members
2 posts
9,710 battles

so about the auction it says if there are 500 flags and you bid it is only gonna take the top 500 bids. correct? so does that mean one person could bid $50 and another $5 and the person who spent $5 still receive  a flag as long as he is still one of the top bidders?

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,659 posts
24,596 battles

Destroyer skills - please reset Grease the Gears to the same functionality as the Expert Marksman it replaced. It doesn't make sense to make fast-turning turrets rotate faster (with the new skill) while reducing the turn speed of slow-turning turrets. You used the wrong "grease"!

Achievements viewer - how about showing us achievements per ship? I know you have that history as you are showing the last ship to earn the achievement and the date is was earned. Enhance the UI more so that, when I click on a ship to view its statistics, I see the different achievements, by number, that I have earned with that ship.

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 1

[UDT]
[UDT]
Members
85 posts
21,952 battles

Battle of the Beasts - yet another step away from Navel Battles.  Civil War Iron Clad battles (1860-1890's maybe) would keep original theme - yet offer something new - SCI-FI, no interest at all, sry

Art Department hit a home run with the Parachutes!!!!

r/

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF4]
Members
306 posts
10,821 battles
1 hour ago, BigHigZ said:

so about the auction it says if there are 500 flags and you bid it is only gonna take the top 500 bids. correct? so does that mean one person could bid $50 and another $5 and the person who spent $5 still receive  a flag as long as he is still one of the top bidders?

If only 2 people wanted the flags, and minimum bid for the flags was $5 dollar, then yes. Someone just spent $50 when minimum bid if 5. No word on doubloons or what in-game currencies will be used for auction yet though.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,560 posts
7,170 battles

Now I read the Achievement update part....

It's good for Coop but not so much for Randoms.

Sounds like another participation trophy that rewards grinding with RNG based signal containers instead of good performance.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[WKY12]
Members
2 posts
9,710 battles
5 minutes ago, ZaCLoNe said:

If only 2 people wanted the flags, and minimum bid for the flags was $5 dollar, then yes. Someone just spent $50 when minimum bid if 5. No word on doubloons or what in-game currencies will be used for auction yet though.

So  there is no open bid we can not actually see what the high bids are either sounds shady so this is pretty much a silent auction and just have to take their word as truth.

• Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
6,560 posts
7,170 battles
3 minutes ago, BigHigZ said:

So  there is no open bid we can not actually see what the high bids are either sounds shady so this is pretty much a silent auction and just have to take their word as truth.

Nope. The biggest winner is the one that overvalues the auctioned item the least. With WG driving high bids however you will get people draining their resources on a single bid to ensure they are guaranteed to get the item. Which I guess is the intended goal.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[NG-NS]
Members
563 posts

I am not a fan of games using the "Auction house" method to try and further drive sales. This is a REALLY bad idea WGing and I hope you take your community seriously with their possible backlash over it. Just like you make claims in your Twitch streams that you "Listen to your community".

Which begs the question: Is WGing becoming more and more greedy, or are they having serious financial problems if they are resorting to one of the most hated features invented in video game history (remember Diablo 3's Auction house?)

Edited by CaptnBerner
  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

Members
561 posts
18,180 battles

So I have worked to get my captain skills the way I want and paid doubloons for some resets.

Now WG wants to change some skills without a free reset???   

• Cool 5

[AIBRA]
[AIBRA]
Members
1 post
17,151 battles
3 hours ago, WoWsNewsBot said:

Por favor, se possível acabar  com o triângulo das bermudas, explico: no triângulo das bermudas, os navios somem e não aparecem mais, toda vez, que o navio somem, você fica, sem referência para se defender, é muito ruim tal procedimento, porque foge a realidade do jogo, para um jogo que quer ser tão realista. O navio que ficar oculto, não poderá usar seu armamento, enquanto não estiver ativo, seria uma forma de acabar com o que eu chamo, "batalhas do absurdo" (nenhum navio tinha esta aberração nas batalhas, pois não teríamos vencidos e nem vencedores.). 

gostaria e acho que todos os jogadores estarão de acordo, pois dariam mais incentivo para aqueles que começam, gostam e continuam, junto ao jogo.

sem mais atenciosamente

Eu sou OSWALDO MENDONÇA GUIMARÃES -Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Leia no portal

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
14,454 posts
30,479 battles
21 hours ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

So I have worked to get my captain skills the way I want and paid doubloons for some resets.

Now WG wants to change some skills without a free reset???   

This change if you have a BB with Deadeye you can reset BB skills free. The couple other changes you can't on the other skills. The big change in the fall will come with a reset.

EDIT - so just curious why the downvotes? All I did was post info that WG put out there about it. Made no comment good or bad on it. People really make you laugh at times. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 3

[MBSUL]
Members
100 posts
17,827 battles

arrumas as secundarias , estão espalhando muito , façam com que elas sejam semelhante como eram antes !

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,945 battles

So I can't go into a battle and target the kind of flag I'm low on now, I have to hard grind into the roulette and hope the right flags come out of containers? Which we all know won't happen -- the "more signals" containers referenced in the post mostly just poop out basic Type 1/2/5 camos that nobody wants.

You'll excuse me if I interpret this as an unwanted signal earning nerf and am not in favor of it @Hapa_Fodder. Auctions for weird stuff, team events, fine. But I don't appreciate nerfs to core econ mechanisms, and this has all the makings of a nerf.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[MCCAL]
Members
59 posts
3,351 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Looks like more hoops to jump through to acquire rewards and achievements.  For me, the more complicated this gets the less enjoyable the game gets.

• Cool 1

[MCCAL]
Members
59 posts
3,351 battles

It looks interesting.  I'm for new and creative ideas.  I reserve my opinion until after i've tried it.

[FEB-M]
Members
206 posts
6,282 battles

Change MAGIC BUFFS to "Crew improvements due training / machine tuning / better equipment", all those NON-MAGIC skills that a crew can acquire and improve due battles fought.

Quick examples:

• Adrenaline Rush improves reaction time for crews do change IF enemies can be seen or not, even more if your ship is being hit/damaged. But that's happening in “my” ship, not due to something happening on another ship. No change required.
  • +X% damage for AP, or HE. How skill or training can change that? BUT the distinguished ship/crew can get better ammo, not available to regular ships due its novelty or scarcity
  • Some buff IF enemies (can, cannot) see you: How what happens (or not) in a remote enemy ship will affect the performance of you ship? This is MAGIC. We must get rid of these conditionals! 

On Captain / crew SKILLS, I compile an extensive list of suggestions to change "Magic Buffs" into "Crew skills acquired thru training", or "NON-MAGIC explanation for same skill", into this post:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MCCAL]
Members
59 posts
3,351 battles
4 hours ago, Khafni said:

Destroyer skills - please reset Grease the Gears to the same functionality as the Expert Marksman it replaced. It doesn't make sense to make fast-turning turrets rotate faster (with the new skill) while reducing the turn speed of slow-turning turrets. You used the wrong "grease"!

Achievements viewer - how about showing us achievements per ship? I know you have that history as you are showing the last ship to earn the achievement and the date is was earned. Enhance the UI more so that, when I click on a ship to view its statistics, I see the different achievements, by number, that I have earned with that ship.

I agree.  In fact it would be nice if there were skill that would address reload time for BBs

5 minutes ago, Alloh said:

Change MAGIC BUFFS to "Crew improvements due training / machine tuning / better equipment", all those NON-MAGIC skills that a crew can acquire and improve due battles fought.

Quick examples:

• Adrenaline Rush improves reaction time for crews do change IF enemies can be seen or not, even more if your ship is being hit/damaged. But that's happening in “my” ship, not due to something happening on another ship. No change required.
  • +X% damage for AP, or HE. How skill or training can change that? BUT the distinguished ship/crew can get better ammo, not available to regular ships due its novelty or scarcity
  • Some buff IF enemies (can, cannot) see you: How what happens (or not) in a remote enemy ship will affect the performance of you ship? This is MAGIC. We must get rid of these conditionals! 

On Captain / crew SKILLS, I compile an extensive list of suggestions to change "Magic Buffs" into "Crew skills acquired thru training", or "NON-MAGIC explanation for same skill", into this post:

.  On some of these battleships, by the time you reload your target has retired from the battle and is living in a condo in South Florida....lol.  And yes on the achievements for the individual ships.   That information can be valuable when selecting a ship for a particular battle type.

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

4 hours ago, Khafni said:

Yes, the idea that some of these skills do not lend themselves to any kind of a learning curve but are in fact magical in nature is an excellent point.  I see ships that are in open ocean not more than a few meters away and all of a sudden they vanish....what the hell is that?  I was in one ranked battle were almost the entire enemy just evaporated into thin air.  I think some of these skills/buffs could use some reassessment.

• Funny 1

[MCCAL]
Members
59 posts
3,351 battles

Yes, the idea that some of these skills do not lend themselves to any kind of a learning curve but are in fact magical in nature is an excellent point.  I see ships that are in open ocean not more than a few meters away and all of a sudden they vanish....what the hell is that?  I was in one ranked battle were almost the entire enemy just evaporated into thin air.  I think some of these skills/buffs could use some reassessment.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

You'll excuse me if I interpret this as an unwanted signal earning nerf

It is, but only for those who can sail blithely into battle with the near-certain expectation that they'll come home with a particular achievement to farm flags. Not everyone is as good as you.

You might more accurately regard it as a levelling of the playing field, but I personally would advise holding back full criticism until I saw what my efforts were (or were not) actually generating.

• Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
13,261 posts
12,507 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

You'll excuse me if I interpret this as an unwanted signal earning nerf 

10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It is, but only for those who can sail blithely into battle with the near-certain expectation that they'll come home with a particular achievement to farm flags. Not everyone is as good as you.

You might more accurately regard it as a levelling of the playing field, but I personally would advise holding back full criticism until I saw what my efforts were (or were not) actually generating.

Yes, the devil will be in the details on this one, but WG has been getting stingier on what they are giving out.

I am certainly not expecting more to be available.

And even if they are the same, the awarded missions means more playing is now required.

WG got in to this by handing this stuff out like candy.  Now they are trying to roll it back.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,945 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That only really applies to certain flags. Like, if you really want to, you can mostly count on a Dreadnought and a Fireproof if you just play Conqueror and don't do anything heroic (though there's a good chance of losing as a result). Often there's a Confederate and a High Caliber in there as well, simply because of the award criteria. It's not print-on-demand krakens. And, sucks for the guy who detonates, he doesn't even get consolation flags out of it now.

But pretty straightforward math will tell you that if a flag container gives on average 10 flags (two stacks of 5 and a camo/FXP/somesuch), and you go into battle with 5 combat and 5 econ flags... they'd have to give out a container a match on average (win or lose!) just for you to break even. And even that's a lie, since signal use isn't evenly spread across types (so you'll almost certainly pile up secondary and flood chance flags, but run out of ESCL). So unless you see WG handing out multiple signal containers a match, the flag drain is going to be a thing, and while not apples-to-apples, I'm rather confident this approach will differentially drain the important signals faster than they do now.

• Funny 1