Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Benjammn79

Shinonome campaign...

14 comments in this topic

[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
403 posts
3,176 battles

So I'm doing the Shinonome campaign.  I'm in the third set of missions and noticed the mission for win and be top XP.  Three times.  I'm only an average player so that seemed really daunting.  So I figured it'd take me a while to get it, so I figured I'd work on the other ones first.  So while I'm working on other missions, I get top XP in wins twice in my Benson in a span of five battles.  I almost keeled over from shock.  Now that I'm actually working on the mission, I never finish higher than middle.  lol fml :Smile_facepalm: 

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,486 posts
17,957 battles
10 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

lol fml

just keep trying and if it too hard,

you can repeated the easy one that you had done before and keep completing to get the stars. You wont get the reward since you obtained it already.

[_CIA_]
403 posts
3,176 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

just keep trying and if it too hard,

you can repeated the easy one that you had done before and keep completing to get the stars. You wont get the reward since you obtained it already.

You can repeat for stars?!  wth?  How on God's green earth did I miss that?!?  Indeed Master Kenobi, you have lived up to your name and avatar.

• Funny 3

[O_O]
Members
7,115 posts
17,745 battles

Yep, repeat tasks you can easily complete for star progression, and keep those tasks with high star rewards that you can realistically achieve.

You don't have to complete the ridiculous tasks.

[WORX]
Members
14,122 posts
20,570 battles
21 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

So I'm doing the Shinonome campaign.  I'm in the third set of missions and noticed the mission for win and be top XP.  Three times.  I'm only an average player so that seemed really daunting.  So I figured it'd take me a while to get it, so I figured I'd work on the other ones first.  So while I'm working on other missions, I get top XP in wins twice in my Benson in a span of five battles.  I almost keeled over from shock.  Now that I'm actually working on the mission, I never finish higher than middle.  lol fml :Smile_facepalm: 

Just repeat the old missions... You really dont have to achieve a mission you cannot handle... Just repeat the others and POOF! Free IJNDD

[_CIA_]
403 posts
3,176 battles
7 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yep, repeat tasks you can easily complete for star progression, and keep those tasks with high star rewards that you can realistically achieve.

You don't have to complete the ridiculous tasks.

Yeah, I don't know how I didn't know that

1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just repeat the old missions... You really dont have to achieve a mission you cannot handle... Just repeat the others and POOF! Free IJNDD

I'm gonna finish this way sooner than I thought I would.  Glad I learned this before I started other campaigns!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
30 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

You can repeat for stars?!  wth?  How on God's green earth did I miss that?!?  Indeed Master Kenobi, you have lived up to your name and avatar.

But now that you have 2 out of the 3 (& hot them much easier than you expected)...might as well keep going on that 1 & finish it...just load up an easier 1 in the other option (or 2 if you have premium time) & farm.the reward for that while you're almost there.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,486 posts
17,957 battles
39 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

You can repeat for stars?! 

glad I can help

You can repeat for Yamamotto and Halsey captain campaign as well.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,297 battles

It constantly surprises me how many miss the fact that you can redo missions for stars.    Especially the guys who are really struggling with a particular mission and pulling their hair out :Smile_facepalm:

Reading OP I guess.

[WOLF3]
Members
646 posts
12,345 battles
1 hour ago, Benjammn79 said:

I just spam the easy ones. After I finish the campaigns I then run the hard ones because why not.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
11 hours ago, Benjammn79 said:

The only downside, (and it's minor really) is that you only get the task reward the first time you complete it. So instead of stars and a few signals or whatever, you just get stars.

That's how I do my campaigns, just repeat the easy ones. Keep your eye on the prize at the end. Plus, the easy ones tend to be completable just through the normal gameplay that you'd do anyway.

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles
12 hours ago, Benjammn79 said:

Try the mission in Ranked, I'm also doing that phase of the Campaign. Easiest mission ever when you do it in Ranked.

Members
366 posts
11,611 battles
14 hours ago, Benjammn79 said:

So I'm doing the Shinonome campaign

She's a good ship. Torp boat... With the Captain reload skill, 9 torps every 87 seconds. And all torp launcher on the centerline, so all can go to either side.  In a tier with no radar.  She is my favourite low-stress DD.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles
2 hours ago, brewakeg said:

In a tier with no radar. 

Remembering that you CAN see both Tier 7 (Atlanta, Belfast, Indianapolis) and Tier 8 (more radar than you can shake a stick at), and CV at Tier 6 too, so you don't have a completely free hand (which considering the skills of some DD drivers in this game is probably just as well). 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this