Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

German DD Combat missions not doable?

18 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles

I noticed the current German DD combat mission string starts with a mission requiring one of two T9 premium German DDs (Shultz or ZF-6). Which I don't have and probably won't get anytime soon. All the subsequent missions require the previous mission be completed. Am I missing something or are these missions now closed to me? I can't imagine that many players have actually ground out the ZF-6 already.

Never noticed this before from WG. Usually there is a more grindy way to complete the stage without having a certain ship/line. 

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
16 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I noticed the current German DD combat mission string starts with a mission requiring one of two T9 premium German DDs (Shultz or ZF-6). Which I don't have and probably won't get anytime soon. All the subsequent missions require the previous mission be completed. Am I missing something or are these missions now closed to me? I can't imagine that many players have actually ground out the ZF-6 already.

Never noticed this before from WG. Usually there is a more grindy way to complete the stage without having a certain ship/line. 

That's 2 of those"you have to pay to get these items" missions that will be in the missions trolling you until the end of the update (or 2 updates) if you can't afford to get 1 of the ships...

Just WGs way of nudging you into buying 1 of the 2 options to clear the mission off of your list.

[SALVO]
Members
26,582 posts
31,379 battles
19 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

This is nothing new, Sabot.  They've done it before.  The idea is to encourage players to get either DD early by spending real money.

[USCG]
Members
799 posts
24,498 battles

You are correct with regards to the two new German DDs. The only way you can start these missions is to have one of these two ships. The only way to get one of the two is to open your wallet.  

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles

Well, my opinion of WG just dropped a couple of more points. 

The rewards for these missions didn't seem all that spectacular anyway. These are T9 ships and I already have several good T9 DDs (Black Jutland, Mogador, Kitakaze, Neutrashimy, and working on Fletcher). One of the reasons I decided not to get the starter packs for the Dockyard.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,170 posts
11,840 battles

These missions are intended for those that splurge and open their wallets with each of these events. These are nothing new and the typical pattern is that they require either the highest tier early access ship (the one you have pay for, usually the tier IX) or the new premium(s) that accompanied the line release. Last patch there were missions that required Leone, Lepanto, or Marco Polo. For the USN BB release it was FL and MN.

The rewards for these mission chains are nothing special and no one with any sense is going to buy the ships just to clear these missions. It’s just a little bit of positive reinforcement for these that do decide to spend the money for other reasons.

Edited by Nevermore135

[O_O]
Members
7,119 posts
17,786 battles
22 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Well, my opinion of WG just dropped a couple of more points. 

The rewards for these missions didn't seem all that spectacular anyway. These are T9 ships and I already have several good T9 DDs (Black Jutland, Mogador, Kitakaze, Neutrashimy, and working on Fletcher). One of the reasons I decided not to get the starter packs for the Dockyard.

Most of us ignore those "buy NOW! to progress NOW!" missions.  Welcome to the club!  :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF5]
Members
231 posts
11,853 battles

In the past these were given as campaigns. Folks would complain about the same thing. You can't start the campaign without the new ship. Very typical. The rewards are meh for this anyways. Ignore it and play the ships you like.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

The early access is good for one purpose.

Gather all the free ships. Play the hell out of them.

Find out which of them is a crock of crap on ocean and sell off. Keep the rest.

If you find a particular ship really good in battle, standing alone bowtanking 4 musashis all map and sinking three... well you are going to get out the wallet and open boxes until you get that ship.

But to get a mission? Not happening. That ship can wait. It will be along sooner or later soon enough.

[T_O_P]
Members
650 posts
4 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

If I remember correctly that set of missions has nothing to do with acquiring German Tokens for the early access event???

Members
2,198 posts
29,388 battles
1 hour ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

If I remember correctly that set of missions has nothing to do with acquiring German Tokens for the early access event???

Your memory serves you well.

[PVE]
Members
14,475 posts
30,663 battles
10 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

1 of the 2 missions requires one of the 2 new T9 KM DD's to get it started but the other doesn't. And the one where you need the KM DD's is for camos not tokens as others have said so it isn't the end of the world if you don't do it.

WG has done similar things in the past. Just this past Christmas they had 2 Campaigns going at the same time. 1 of them awarded Strasbourg while the other one needed Strasbourg to finish Stage 1. So you either had to wait to finish the Strasbourg Campaign and then rush like a mad man to finish the 2nd Campaign in the week left OR buy Strasbourg and do both at once. 

They did something similar with Prinz Eitel Friedrich when it came out. 1 campaign/event to get the ship and a special event/campaign where it required PEF to do it; both running in the same time frame and time limits.

I am sure there are other times I don't recall off the top of my head. 

The precedent is there and has been done before however.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-BCO-]
Members
2,939 posts
5,049 battles
10 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Aaa....so that's why I didn't 'advance"....It seemed a lil odd that the usual  post battle screens were kinda empty.  Anyway I care so much, that I didn't  even read the missions lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
42 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And the one where you need the KM DD's is for camos not tokens as others have said so it isn't the end of the world if you don't do it.

This. Focus on the substance, not the vain frippery. Yes, the stuff the missions give is useful, but it's not essential to the event.

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
2 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Aaa....so that's why I didn't 'advance"....It seemed a lil odd that the usual  post battle screens were kinda empty. 

That was what got my attention. I was grinding the Benson to get Fletcher and thought maybe I needed a different class/nation complete certain missions. Then saw it was 2 specific ships that most players would not have yet. I was hoping I was missing something, that there was a work-around.

[PVE]
Members
14,475 posts
30,663 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

That was what got my attention. I was grinding the Benson to get Fletcher and thought maybe I needed a different class/nation complete certain missions. Then saw it was 2 specific ships that most players would not have yet. I was hoping I was missing something, that there was a work-around.

You realize only the camo mission needed the 2 DD's right? The Token mission doesn't call for them.

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You realize only the camo mission needed the 2 DD's right? The Token mission doesn't call for them.

Yes, but the token mission didn't show up yesterday. The only German DD mission was the flag one which I couldn't do. This morning the token mission is there also. My thought was that the flag mission would be all there is for a week or so.

[PVE]
Members
14,475 posts
30,663 battles
5 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Yes, but the token mission didn't show up yesterday. The only German DD mission was the flag one which I couldn't do. This morning the token mission is there also. My thought was that the flag mission would be all there is for a week or so.

Are you sure you didn't already do the 1st token mission without realizing it? It appeared with the camo one the morning the update dropped; or was it Thursday AM? Either way both the 1st token mission and the camo mission dropped right off at the same time. The token mission appearing today is the 2nd one. At least for me anyway.

Sign in to follow this