Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Skirata_

How do premium consumables work

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13
[-00-]
Members
66 posts
2,865 battles

Every once in awhile I scroll through the armory looking for things I might've missed. I've looked at the premium consumables (or whatever they're called--the ones you can get for coal) a few times and they look interesting, but I don't know exactly how they work. Do you buy it once and you can use it on any ship an unlimited amount of times or what?  Any help is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[O_O]
Members
7,119 posts
17,786 battles

They are "modules".  If you buy one, you can put it on ONE ship.  From then on, you will have to spend doubloons to de-mount it if you want to use it on a different ship.  Some modules can only be used on some ships.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-00-]
Members
66 posts
2,865 battles
24 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

They are "modules".  If you buy one, you can put it on ONE ship.  From then on, you will have to spend doubloons to de-mount it if you want to use it on a different ship.  Some modules can only be used on some ships.

So say I wanted the radar mod 1 on both my Baltimore and my Cleveland, I would have to buy the consumable twice. But if I kept it on them I wouldn't have to pay to keep using them? Am I correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,410
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,473 posts
4,774 battles
38 minutes ago, _Skirata_ said:

Every once in awhile I scroll through the armory looking for things I might've missed. I've looked at the premium consumables (or whatever they're called--the ones you can get for coal) a few times and they look interesting, but I don't know exactly how they work. Do you buy it once and you can use it on any ship an unlimited amount of times or what?  Any help is appreciated.

They're called Special Upgrades.  There no longer are "Premium Consumables". 

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Special_Upgrades

Each one you buy can be used on a ship, using an Upgrade slot, to effect the action of its corresponding consumable.  You can buy as many as you want.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
15,576 battles
2 minutes ago, _Skirata_ said:

So say I wanted the radar mod 1 on both my Baltimore and my Cleveland, I would have to buy the consumable twice. But if I kept it on them I wouldn't have to pay to keep using them? Am I correct?

Yes, but they are not consumables, they are modules. Different beast.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,410
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,473 posts
4,774 battles
8 minutes ago, _Skirata_ said:

So say I wanted the radar mod 1 on both my Baltimore and my Cleveland, I would have to buy the consumable twice. But if I kept it on them I wouldn't have to pay to keep using them? Am I correct?

They are "Upgrades", not "Consumables".  They don't get consumed like e.g. Radar or Repair Party. But yeah, you have to buy one for each ship, just like other Upgrades.  No you don't have to pay to use them.

 

34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

They are "modules".  If you buy one, you can put it on ONE ship.  From then on, you will have to spend doubloons to de-mount it if you want to use it on a different ship.  Some modules can only be used on some ships.

"Modules" are the researchable improvements to a ship, like B Hull, Gun Fire Control System".

These are "Upgrades" that go in the Upgrade Slots.

Unfortunately, WoWs hasn't been all that strict about their word usage so it's easy to get them confused.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,823
[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

They are "Upgrades", not "Consumables".  They don't get consumed like e.g. Radar or Repair Party. But yeah, you have to buy one for each ship, just like other Upgrades.  No you don't have to pay to use them.

 

"Modules" are the researchable improvements to a ship, like B Hull, Gun Fire Control System".

These are "Upgrades" that go in the Upgrade Slots.

Unfortunately, WoWs hasn't been all that strict about their word usage so it's easy to get them confused.

Think the confusion is that they are upgrades...to consumables (like the radar consumable for instance).

OP is seeing the word "consumable" & getting the upgrade to the consumable confused with the old term "premium consumable"...which isn't wholly inaccurate because when the upgrades are equipped...it's the equivalent of having a premium form of the consumable equipped...except you don't need to pay the per battle premium rates for it... it's just premium all the time after you equip the upgrade.

1 hour ago, _Skirata_ said:

So say I wanted the radar mod 1 on both my Baltimore and my Cleveland, I would have to buy the consumable twice. But if I kept it on them I wouldn't have to pay to keep using them? Am I correct?

Yes OP...you are correct that you need to purchase 1 for each ship & that you don't need to keep paying to use them after they are equipped...but the consumable (the actual radar) is not what you are purchasing...just the upgrade to the radar consumable.

Hope that clears it up.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[DRY]
Members
26 posts
5,724 battles

I thought they were upgrades to consumables; they are definitely not.  You have to REPLACE a selected upgrade.  So if you buy Repair Party upgrade it must go into slot 1, replacing Main Armaments Modification -- WHO IT THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT?  I've wasted 34,000 coal on these useless "upgrades".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

Edited by CapnPowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×