You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Justin_Simpleton

Stream Drop award, how am I earnings these?

28 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
Members
1,737 posts
6,499 battles

You earn them by watching someone playing World of Warships (with drops enabled) on Twitch.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,470 posts
4,774 battles
9 minutes ago, destawaits said:

You earn them by watching someone playing World of Warships (with drops enabled) on Twitch.

No, I don't think that's it.  These are Steam containers, not Twitch containers.  I've been getting them consistently and until recently I didn't even have Steam linked with Twitch - and I haven't played the Steam account for some time.  I think Steam gives them to you just for continuing to log in (I do log in for Shipments).

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
13 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I haven't watched Twitch, to my knowledge.  It's Stream not Steam.

What color are they? if they're purple that's twitch. I think the Steam containers are black?

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I just received two more stream drop awards.  Why am I receiving these?

50 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No, I don't think that's it.  These are Steam containers, not Twitch containers.  I've been getting them consistently and until recently I didn't even have Steam linked with Twitch - and I haven't played the Steam account for some time.  I think Steam gives them to you just for continuing to log in (I do log in for Shipments).

^^^This

[SCRUM]
Members
194 posts
9,055 battles

Let me clarify what I'm seeing.  Under Profile - My Achievements, these are listed as Stream Drop!, award for honorary spectators who have completed the combat mission.  It is a bronze colored emblem bordered by rope and a 'play' icon in the center.

Please note it says Stream not Steam.  No containers were received.

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
added content
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
14 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

^^^This

Don’t know if it included a container, but it seems I got a Steam/Stream(?) Achievement when I logged in this afternoon...

Like Justin just said above.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Don’t know if it included a container, but it seems I got a Steam/Stream(?) Achievement when I logged in this afternoon...

Ah.. don't know then.

Members
2,070 posts
12,822 battles

I got two of those today as well and I have no idea why. I don't have a Twitch account so it can't be from drops. My only guess is for using the mission codes from Twitch streams but the last time I did that was a few weeks ago.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,470 posts
4,774 battles
22 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Let me clarify what I'm seeing.  Under Profile - My Achievements, these are listed as Stream Drop!, award for honorary spectators who have completed the combat mission.  It is a bronze colored emblem bordered by rope and a 'play' icon in the center.

Please note it says Stream not Steam.  No containers were received.

Oh.  That's different.

Spoiler

1729495680_never_mindbig.thumb.jpg.56f026f7bf1768ff1bcf36cc9431348c.jpg  Never mind!

[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
7 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Row 2, column 2.

These are IMO rewards are from the CM you receive by entering the code from the WOWS podcast.

[SCRUM]
Members
194 posts
9,055 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

These are IMO rewards are from the CM you receive by entering the code from the WOWS podcast.

Maybe. I have watched one podcast for a few minutes but I never saw or entered any codes.

[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
Just now, Justin_Simpleton said:

Maybe. I have watched one podcast for a few minutes but I never saw or entered any codes.

They're CM labeled  "I forgot what the label states but it did mention a platform."  Around the time frame of a month or two ago.

[LSNB]
Members
1,737 posts
6,499 battles

Hmm... I have them too, but I just assumed I got them from Twitch or youtube codes. When did you receive these achievements?

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts

had three show yesterday, whoopee participation trophy's   :Smile-_tongue:

[SCRUM]
Members
194 posts
9,055 battles
34 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Hmm... I have them too, but I just assumed I got them from Twitch or youtube codes. When did you receive these achievements?

I received two this afternoon.  I don't know when I got the first one.

Members
1,121 posts
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

i got this in the morning there were 2 of them but no containers or anything else to my knowledge..

just checked and seems i have 5 of these icons i my achievement section

Edited by arch4random
i figured it out

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
892 posts
11,472 battles

I got notice of this achievement just now, as well.      A bit puzzled as I've not watched a WoWs stream since maybe last week.

image.png.7494da82b8e07ec85ef8c0c56d4c11b5.png

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

Its stream.

I got three of them this morning after hogging twitch trying to get the new German DD drops in. Turns out I am too early yet against the drop pending schedule. Today is wed I already am owed two conatiners. Probably one tomorrow and another Friday. 7 hours worth of twitch watching wows gamers get deleted.

I am getting ready to set a laptop and have it run twitch 24/7 constantly rolling drops all month. If I am going to be on there that much, might as well toss a laptop and get to it.

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles
5 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Its stream.

I got three of them this morning after hogging twitch trying to get the new German DD drops in. Turns out I am too early yet against the drop pending schedule. Today is wed I already am owed two conatiners. Probably one tomorrow and another Friday. 7 hours worth of twitch watching wows gamers get deleted.

I am getting ready to set a laptop and have it run twitch 24/7 constantly rolling drops all month. If I am going to be on there that much, might as well toss a laptop and get to it.

You can only get so many Twitch drops in a month/time period and they limit how many p/ week you can get too.

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles

I have 4 of those. Never knew it. Sounds like you get them for completing a mission you get by watching a stream???

[WOLFG]
Members
13,269 posts
12,524 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have 4 of those. Never knew it. Sounds like you get them for completing a mission you get by watching a stream???

It must be from entering a code from a stream and completing the mission, because I have never watched a stream.

(Thank you all code droppers, including you AT).

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It must be from entering a code from a stream and completing the mission, because I have never watched a stream.

(Thank you all code droppers, including you AT).

Could be?