You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MJAustin

Yet another Mighty Mo inquiry

10 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
436 battles

Trying to avoid the standardized customer service response and bots, but are there any upcoming plans for acquisition or someone's elbow I can bump about this ship?  I'm not declaring any sort of entitlement because of what I'm about to briefly touch upon in this post, but genuinely curious and have been willing to drop a decent amount of dough for this pixel boat.

"Yadda yadda yadda, care cup is empty;" I totally understand.  Regardless, this boat holds a very special place in my heart.  My grandfather was the eventual BMCM of the Mo and first served on it 1946.  He had a 40+ year career in the USN.  His birthday would've been yesterday actually on the 19th.  I get that I've had "plenty" of opportunities to acquire this ship, particularly years ago when the game was more in its infancy.  Problem is I was still in the Army then, and up until my recent departure, rarely had the time to play because I stayed deployed for all but about 2 months of the year constantly due to my particular job.  So here I am now, able to play, even amongst my familial obligations which I can better fulfill too now that I'm out.  I know the community has been up in arms about the "balance" and state of the game, but regardless, I would carry this ship in to battle no matter the odds, even if this game eventually turns in to every opponent using space flying invisible carriers that launch winged sharks with lasers attached to their heads.

I played what I could with this game and the eventual mobile version was a blessing.  I paid big $$ (yes, I'm dumb and my desire to play this game is my vice) and farmed to get the steel required for the Mo and eventually acquired it on the mobile platform, which I'm grateful for of course.  I have the opportunity to sit in my house and play the core original game now though as I would've liked when this ship was obtainable.  Any ideas, contacts, or news one of you could help me out with?

A couple neat little tidbits to throw in this post more relevant to the "history" section, but to emphasize my plea:
https://nara.getarchive.net/media/master-chief-boatswains-mate-bmcm-john-a-davidson-who-first-served-aboard-the-3b6e91

Although WoWs doubles as a likely collection platform given the origin of the devs, and not that I care anyway, but sorry GU / GRU the following article of me on the Mo has several mistakes by the author and even falsely quoted me.  Oh well:
https://home.army.mil/hawaii/application/files/9115/5503/2861/11-18.pdf  (Scroll down to page 5)

See you on the digital high seas and stay safe everyone, including the trolls!

Edited by MJAustin
  • Cool 5

[UNHLY]
Members
5,204 posts
14,599 battles

Missouri’s one of the banlist ships, ships that were pulled for being too strong or too popular (and in Missouri’s case, officially for breaking the credit economy). Outside of the rare ship supercontainer (which is much more likely to drop a non-rare ship) or gambling heavily on Santa crates at Christmas (and getting most of the non-rares before any of the really desirable ships start dropping), there’s basically no chance of any of them coming back. And especially with the money that some people throw at Santa crates to try for those ships, I don’t see that changing. 

So far, there have been a few opportunities to pick up pulled premiums without going the SC/Santa crate route, but they’ve been few and far between. Last summer WG brought back the naval aviation premium crates for purchase, which still had a chance to drop Enterprise, and around the same time they did offer people a chance to buy Konig Albert (another old banlist ship), but so far none of the ultra desirable ships have come back outside rng drops and gambling with one exception.

During a charity stream last year, WG auctioned off a few of the pulled ships, including a Smolensk and a Missouri. Both were gone within seconds of the auction opening, and both went for well over $1k each. 

Some of the ships can come back as Black Friday ships after the normal version is pulled (JB has already come back after getting pulled last year, and Alaska and Massachusetts will probably still be available after getting pulled a few months ago), but with the desirability of some ships like Missouri and Musashi I’d be surprised if they came back that way. 

• Thanks 1

[WHARF]
Members
482 posts
19,789 battles
22 minutes ago, MJAustin said:

Trying to avoid the standardized customer service response and bots, but are there any upcoming plans for acquisition or someone's elbow I can bump about this ship?  I'm not declaring any sort of entitlement because of what I'm about to briefly touch upon in this post, but genuinely curious and have been willing to drop a decent amount of dough for this pixel boat.

"Yadda yadda yadda, care cup is empty;" I totally understand.  Regardless, this boat holds a very special place in my heart.  My grandfather was the eventual BMCM of the Mo and first served on it 1946.  He had a 40+ year career in the USN.  His birthday was yesterday actually on the 19th.  I get that I've had "plenty" of opportunities to acquire this ship, particularly years ago when the game was more in its infancy.  Problem is I was still in the Army then, and up until my recent departure, rarely had the time to play because I stayed deployed for all but about 2 months of the year constantly due to my particular job.  So here I am now, able to play, even amongst my familial obligations which I can better fulfill too now that out.  I know the community has been up in arms about the "balance" and state of the game, but regardless, I would carry this ship in to battle no matter the odds, even if this game eventually turns in to every opponent using space flying invisible carriers that launch winged sharks with lasers attached to their heads.

I played what I could with this game and the eventual mobile version was a blessing.  I paid big $$ (yes, I'm dumb and my desire to play this game is my vice) and farmed to get the steel required for the Mo and eventually acquired it on the mobile platform, which I'm grateful for of course.  I have the opportunity to sit in my house and play the core original game now though as I would've liked when this ship was obtainable.  Any ideas, contacts, or news one of you could help me out with?

A couple neat little tidbits to throw in this post more relevant to the "history" section, but to emphasize my plea:
https://nara.getarchive.net/media/master-chief-boatswains-mate-bmcm-john-a-davidson-who-first-served-aboard-the-3b6e91

Although a likely collection platform given the origin of the devs, sorry GU / GRU, but the following article on me has several mistakes by the author and even quoted me incorrectly.  Oh well. 
https://home.army.mil/hawaii/application/files/9115/5503/2861/11-18.pdf       *Scroll down to page 5

Buy a model instead

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles

Missouri isn't an OP ship. It's just that it trivializes the credit economy that led it to be pulled from the store.

As the situation has it there might be an auction with it, though I can imagine the bids will be exorbitant. Otherwise, you will have to burn loads of $ to get it as a drop from Christmas Containers

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
6 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Missouri’s one of the banlist ships, ships that were pulled for being too strong or too popular (and in Missouri’s case, officially for breaking the credit economy). Outside of the rare ship supercontainer (which is much more likely to drop a non-rare ship) or gambling heavily on Santa crates at Christmas (and getting most of the non-rares before any of the really desirable ships start dropping), there’s basically no chance of any of them coming back. And especially with the money that some people throw at Santa crates to try for those ships, I don’t see that changing. 

So far, there have been a few opportunities to pick up pulled premiums without going the SC/Santa crate route, but they’ve been few and far between. Last summer WG brought back the naval aviation premium crates for purchase, which still had a chance to drop Enterprise, and around the same time they did offer people a chance to buy Konig Albert (another old banlist ship), but so far none of the ultra desirable ships have come back outside rng drops and gambling with one exception.

During a charity stream last year, WG auctioned off a few of the pulled ships, including a Smolensk and a Missouri. Both were gone within seconds of the auction opening, and both went for well over $1k each. 

Some of the ships can come back as Black Friday ships after the normal version is pulled (JB has already come back after getting pulled last year, and Alaska and Massachusetts will probably still be available after getting pulled a few months ago), but with the desirability of some ships like Missouri and Musashi I’d be surprised if they came back that way. 

It’s amazing how a set of pixels and damage model with animations sell for so much money.... i would have gotten myself a $500-600 quality model. Heck, even $36-60 models are decent

Edited by Boomer625
  • Haha 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
2 hours ago, MJAustin said:

"Yadda yadda yadda, care cup is empty;" I totally understand.  Regardless, this boat holds a very special place in my heart.  My grandfather was the eventual BMCM of the Mo and first served on it 1946.  He had a 40+ year career in the USN.  His birthday was yesterday actually on the 19th.  I get that I've had "plenty" of opportunities to acquire this ship, particularly years ago when the game was more in its infancy.  Problem is I was still in the Army then, and up until my recent departure, rarely had the time to play because I stayed deployed for all but about 2 months of the year constantly due to my particular job.  So here I am now, able to play, even amongst my familial obligations which I can better fulfill too now that out.  I know the community has been up in arms about the "balance" and state of the game, but regardless, I would carry this ship in to battle no matter the odds, even if this game eventually turns in to every opponent using space flying invisible carriers that launch winged sharks with lasers attached to their heads.

Although a likely collection platform given the origin of the devs, sorry GU / GRU, but the following article on me has several mistakes by the author and even quoted me incorrectly.  Oh well. 
https://home.army.mil/hawaii/application/files/9115/5503/2861/11-18.pdf       *Scroll down to page 5

Forget all the reasons WG said they pulled it - it will probably be on offer at the auctions because.....money! :cap_like:

• Thanks 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

yeah auction is the only way we will see these return... and perhaps this is priming for potential changes to the legality of crates...  

• Thanks 1

Members
16 posts
436 battles

Hey I really appreciate all of you for the information.  By what I thought at the time was great luck because I happened to be visiting home, I actually did see that charity event they had around Nov / Dec 2019.  I was ecstatic and definitely prepared to spend what would for me be an UNreasonable amount of money on pixels, but if I remember correctly it sold out basically before it was even technically available.

I am definitely curious about these auctions some of you mentioned.  Mind if I got a little more info to get pointed in the right direction?  Is this like a "someone who has the ship and is selling their account" type of deal (is that something someone would get hemmed up for too and get banned?) or like that charity event WG had?  I really appreciate ya'll.

Funny enough about just getting a model, I scored when I ended up getting stationed in Japan at one point.  While getting my little bit of garrison time, I found so many cool models that I snatched up (never a Mo unfortunately).  I wish ya'll could've seen some of the ones on display at the dedicated model stores.  I can't quite remember the scale of the biggest ones I saw, but I remember the Yamato I saw was at least 15ft long.  I'll have to go back at some point because of a couple of relatives and my wife's family, but if any of you are hardcore collectors and there's something in particular you're looking for, send me a message and when I go back I'll let you know to try and help out / return the favor.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
9 hours ago, MJAustin said:

Hey I really appreciate all of you for the information.  By what I thought at the time was great luck because I happened to be visiting home, I actually did see that charity event they had around Nov / Dec 2019.  I was ecstatic and definitely prepared to spend what would for me be an UNreasonable amount of money on pixels, but if I remember correctly it sold out basically before it was even technically available.

I am definitely curious about these auctions some of you mentioned.  Mind if I got a little more info to get pointed in the right direction?  Is this like a "someone who has the ship and is selling their account" type of deal (is that something someone would get hemmed up for too and get banned?) or like that charity event WG had?  I really appreciate ya'll.

Funny enough about just getting a model, I scored when I ended up getting stationed in Japan at one point.  While getting my little bit of garrison time, I found so many cool models that I snatched up (never a Mo unfortunately).  I wish ya'll could've seen some of the ones on display at the dedicated model stores.  I can't quite remember the scale of the biggest ones I saw, but I remember the Yamato I saw was at least 15ft long.  I'll have to go back at some point because of a couple of relatives and my wife's family, but if any of you are hardcore collectors and there's something in particular you're looking for, send me a message and when I go back I'll let you know to try and help out / return the favor.

no auctions are going to be a thing perhaps resembling some of the auction in the black market in world of tanks. It won't be player to player it will be WG putting these ships on the auction block.

Possibly what we will see is the 500 of ship X go up for auction with a starting bid of who knows.. and you have a few hours maybe a day to bid.  You won't know what anyone else has bid, so it will be up to you to decide what you can afford.  The 500 highest bids get the ships.  Currencies we don't know yet, lots of options there in WoWs could be dubs, credits, freexp .. no clue.  Looks like these may appear with 10.4

• Thanks 1