Sign in to follow this  
Dawidziuxxx

Free cam

12 comments in this topic

[LOCO]
Beta Testers
2 posts
4,385 battles

Is it allowed to use in game free cam in battle? I ser on you tube that mamy pepoples use this feature on replays ,in battle the same shortcut as in replays works, it possibile to turn on free cam on battle but is it allowed to use it? Not for takie aby advantage of cousre,only for taking screenshots for example sinking ships.

Edited by Dawidziuxxx
Grammar

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,058 posts
22,259 battles

I don't see why not. It wouldn't help with seeing things you otherwise couldn't anyways, since the game only draws what you can see.

[LOCO]
Beta Testers
2 posts
4,385 battles

So there isn't any risk for consequences for use this im battle for screenshots etc?

Edited by Dawidziuxxx

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,940 battles

I thought you could only use it after you yourself had been sunk?

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
7 hours ago, Dawidziuxxx said:

So there isn't any risk for consequences for use this im battle for screenshots etc?

If the game allows you to do it...it is not against the rules.

Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Me too...but if OP had found a hidden "feature" the rest of us haven't then as long as it doesn't give him any battle advantages it's ok to use...

Although "free cam" indicates being able to see all over the map anywhere (as when you're dead) so I'm thinking OP is misinterpreting something else for "free cam" other than actually free cam...but if he can do "it" in battle (whatever "it" actually is...& w/out any illegal mods) then it's actually ok to do it.

[REQ]
Members
32 posts
9,875 battles

Are you asking about "Free Look"? Hold the right mouse button down and swivel the view?

Edited by tmh462

[WPORT]
Members
10,919 posts
15,412 battles
On 4/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

+1

1 minute ago, Shipvader247 said:

how to you get into free cam?

After I'm sunk, I can hit the "SHIFT" key on the keyboard, this will float my camera from the surface of the water and free it to be moved by the mouse and the WASD keys.

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
288 posts
20,393 battles

OP - Yes, you can use Free Cam during battle.

Everyone else - OP isn't talking about spectate mode or free look. They are talking about free cam.

Members
32 posts
7,633 battles

There is a lot of confusion in this thread.

If you press CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE your camera will detach from your ship WHILE you are alive in game.

You can then use the ARROW keys to move the camera around the map.

Your WASD keys will still control your actual ship while your camera is detached.

Is this useful? Absolutely. As an example, I used it just yesterday to look at which way an Iowa's guns were pointing before I came out from behind an island so I didn't get oneshotted.

NOTE: This will not spot ships not surface or plane detected, when you are detached, all it will do is let you look at ships that are currently spotted.

EDIT: Twitch Clip for proof https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingLaconicCarrotGingerPower-deR-HtuvNu_xMHdo

Edited by MiniHannibal65

Members
24 posts
On 4/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, Dawidziuxxx said:

Is it allowed to use in game free cam in battle? I ser on you tube that mamy pepoples use this feature on replays ,in battle the same shortcut as in replays works, it possibile to turn on free cam on battle but is it allowed to use it? Not for takie aby advantage of cousre,only for taking screenshots for example sinking ships.

Edited by eero_dekari

Sign in to follow this