Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Paying attention to the ship lineup is game changing

15 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
7,633 posts
18,355 battles

I hope that there may be someone that finds this video helpful to them. I am hoping to start making more videos in this style.

• Cool 9

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

Its been changing since the bannings have started a few months ago in Clan Battles.

Now we have restrictions to ranked. And getting ready to eliminate the mogodars etc. Im actually going to be in a position to outright buy the thing because a 55-60 knot ship able to shoot any destroyer in the game at 17km gun range is very valuble. They dont make maps adequately big enough to absorb it's influence when 5 mogodars show up in coop. Your entire BB battle line will be deleted in about 90 seconds. You would barely drive anywhere much less shoot anything.

You will find the other humans also buying Mogodars increasing the polar results in the game to just one or three ships that can stay alive and sink anything else. When a random team has say 10 of ships working together the games are over in 3 minutes or less. The game itself might suffer a interesting death as a majority of players tired of grinding defeat after defeat in increasingly approved crappier ships find themselves cornered. Then sunk. Not just sunk but summarily deleted.

Unless there is a team still standing able to access radar missouris somehow and organize special groups that now syncdrops into any servier any time to delete a entire red team. Poof all gone.

Thats not a game anymore. There is no fun in it. We call this spawn raping in first person shooters to the point that the entire public enemy team quit spawning and quit the server entirely. New people joining tries to spawn in front of 32 people waiting to delete them before they can do anything. That killed games in the past as well.

I used to be a sniper. Big rifle and sneak into a enmy spawn with helicoptor gunships. Wait until a human and his gunner hops in starts the engine. BOOM pilot dead. Head shot. Gunner shifts seats BOOM dead.

Rest of people near the chopper begins to hunt me. I can use some support at that time. And dont get it. So I run to the chopper and steal the damn thing. As Sgt Hulka in the old Movie Stripes escaping from Red Gaurds... "Im getting too old for this &^$%"

Edited by xHeavy

[GGWP]
Members
7,633 posts
18,355 battles
8 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Its been changing since the bannings have started a few months ago in Clan Battles.

Now we have restrictions to ranked. And getting ready to eliminate the mogodars etc. Im actually going to be in a position to outright buy the thing because a 55-60 knot ship able to shoot any destroyer in the game at 17km gun range is very valuble. They dont make maps adequately big enough to absorb it's influence when 5 mogodars show up in coop. Your entire BB battle line will be deleted in about 90 seconds. You would barely drive anywhere much less shoot anything.

You will find the other humans also buying Mogodars increasing the polar results in the game to just one or three ships that can stay alive and sink anything else. When a random team has say 10 of ships working together the games are over in 3 minutes or less. The game itself might suffer a interesting death as a majority of players tired of grinding defeat after defeat in increasingly approved crappier ships find themselves cornered. Then sunk. Not just sunk but summarily deleted.

Unless there is a team still standing able to access radar missouris somehow and organize special groups that now syncdrops into any servier any time to delete a entire red team. Poof all gone.

Thats not a game anymore. There is no fun in it. We call this spawn raping in first person shooters to the point that the entire public enemy team quit spawning and quit the server entirely. New people joining tries to spawn in front of 32 people waiting to delete them before they can do anything. That killed games in the past as well.

I used to be a sniper. Big rifle and sneak into a enmy spawn with helicoptor gunships. Wait until a human and his gunner hops in starts the engine. BOOM pilot dead. Head shot. Gunner shifts seats BOOM dead.

Rest of people near the chopper begins to hunt me. I can use some support at that time. And dont get it. So I run to the chopper and steal the damn thing. As Sgt Hulka in the old Movie Stripes escaping from Red Gaurds... "Im getting too old for this &^$%"

Yeah, I'm not sure what you started talking about and how you managed to jump around to everything you did. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,530 battles
9 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

I hope that there may be someone that finds this video helpful to them. I am hoping to start making more videos in this style.

Nice video, I like this.  

The spot where you put the plymouth is a dangerous one too. Would you have put your ship there if the enemy team had even 1 radar? With the big BB guns the enemy team had, that spot would have been quickly cross fired from the 7-8 lines. 

Also at least for me if I was the Harugumo I would have popped torp reload booster and tried to send at least 1 dying spread of torps to you.   You are long and broadside on  with not much of an option of turning due to the island ahead of you and a Harugumos torps are a pretty wide spread. Like your spotted at 1:17 , pop torp reload and launch torps at 1:28 where he still had the angle to launch up to 1:30.  However you seemed pretty confident in that you could dodge the torps.   Is there something about the maneuverability of the plymouth that I am missing (i don't see its stats up on wows info)?  

edit: one other thing it would have been interesting to see how you extracted yourself from that spot. 

Edited by eviltane

[GGWP]
Members
7,633 posts
18,355 battles
13 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Nice video, I like this.  

The spot where you put the plymouth is a dangerous one too. Would you have put your ship there if the enemy team had even 1 radar? With the big BB guns in the game the enemy team had it would have been cross fired easily from the 7-8 lines. 

Also at least for me if I was the Harugumo I would have popped torp reload booster and tried to send at least 1 dying spread of torps to you.   You are long and broadside on  with not much of an option of turning due to the island ahead of you and a Harugumos torps are a pretty wide spread. Like your spotted at 1:17 , pop torp reload and launch torps at 1:28 where he still had the angle to launch up to 1:30.  However you seemed pretty confident in that you could dodge the torps.   Is there something about the maneuverability of the plymouth that I am missing (i don't see its stats up on wows info)?  

edit: one other thing it would have been interesting to see how you extracted yourself from that spot. 

Would not have gone there with 1 radar on the enemy team. The most dangerous thing in that spot is a BB going to B cap. I try to position going to the island so that I am expecting shots from there and have a bit of room to turn into them and dodge.

Torps are the biggest problems for sure. The Plymouth is a sluggish pig, but I was prepared to take one for my trouble and that would be the most I take there when reversing into line with a spread. Also, half the ship is tucked into the island, rng on the spread and the possibility of the best lined up torp hitting a rock is very possible as well

I probably wouldn't have gone into that spot with more than 2 dds either. Although, once the radar goes it would have chased an enemy dd in the middle away and most bbs are behind the big island. But I was watching the other cap to make sure that's where the other dd was. 

I will be recording that entire game because although I was useful early game, I was useless mid game as I repositioned without firing another shot to the complete other side of C and ambushed the halland and smolensk as they pushed that flank.

Edited by DuckyShot
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,997 posts
6,709 battles
9 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

Nice vid. Can you crank the volume up a bit next time? 

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,530 battles
33 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Would not have gone there with 1 radar on the enemy team. The most dangerous thing in that spot is a BB going to B cap. I try to position going to the island so that I am expecting shots from there and have a bit of room to turn into them and dodge.

Torps are the biggest problems for sure. The Plymouth is a sluggish pig, but I was prepared to take one for my trouble and that would be the most I take there when reversing into line with a spread. Also, half the ship is tucked into the island, rng on the spread and the possibility of the best lined up torp hitting a rock is very possible as well

I probably wouldn't have gone into that spot with more than 2 dds either. Although, once the radar goes it would have chased an enemy dd in the middle away and most bbs are behind the big island. But I was watching the other cap to make sure that's where the other dd was. 

I will be recording that entire game because although I was useful early game, I was useless mid game as I repositioned without firing another shot to the complete other side of C and ambushed the halland and smolensk as they pushed that flank.

Thanks  This is real good info and a number of things I was guessing at were correct.   Like that you would not go there with even 1 radar present and the anticipated torpedo.  To be honest I would love discussions like this going on all day long on the forum.  Though it would drive productivity to an all time low. lol  

Very much looking forward to more of this. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,530 battles
15 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Nice vid. Can you crank the volume up a bit next time? 

Clean your feet so there is room for the dirt to slide outa your ears :P  (German saying) 

Edited by eviltane
  • Funny 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,633 posts
18,355 battles
8 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Thanks  This is real good info and a number of things I was guessing at were correct.   Like that you would not go there with even 1 radar present and the anticipated torpedo.  To be honest I would love discussions like this going on all day long on the forum.  Though it would drive productivity to an all time low. lol  

also, if you don't want to wait for my procrastinating self to get around to recording this particular game with better commentary you can watch the stream vod here: twitch

I apologize for the audio, even with my desktop audio less than half, I'm still apparently drowned out by my clan mate in the same channel. It's time to get a mic boom.

Edited by DuckyShot

[SALVO]
Members
8,997 posts
6,709 battles
4 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I would also like to have more serious discussion about game tactics. Positioning relative to line up is crucial, knowing where you can or can't operate relative to team comps is one of my favorite subjects and it is the basic analysis you need to do the first minute into the game. 

8 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Clean your feet so there is room for the dirt to slide outa your ears :P  (German saying) 

Lol, never heard that one... tho really, had to crank my speakers almost to max to hear Ducky's voice. 

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts
11 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

this video

don't see it, only thing blocked is google & cookielaw ...

[CANUK]
Members
90 posts
5,356 battles
1 hour ago, Ozium said:

don't see it, only thing blocked is google & cookielaw ...

Yeah, I don't see it either. I'm not entirely sure what causes it on this forum, but literally every embedded YouTube video (even the one's I post) are invisible. One thing you can do is inspect element and copy the link, seen here: image.thumb.png.18e04b4f3807469f5f9ee94e5fe433c0.png

Then you just paste it into your browser. If you don't want to be forced to watch it in full screen and actually have access to the rest of YouTube, you have to edit it to match a normal YouTube link by deleting the "?feature=oembed" and replacing "embed/" with "watch?v=". Here's a comparison between the two:

Before: https://www.youtube.com/embed/_nCTkCSb67Q?feature=oembed

After: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCTkCSb67Q

The other thing I hope people start doing (since I've seen this problem mentioned before by other people) is to just paste the plain text link as well. If you already have the link copied, you can just paste again and select to do it as plain text.

EDIT: for some reason the video now displays for me. I didn't even change anything!

Edited by RulerOdin

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,337 posts

tested couple ways and no video when i post one

Sign in to follow this