Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Count_pott

Massachusetts: non-secondary build?

3 comments in this topic

Members
104 posts
1,486 battles

I only have a 10pt captain on Massa. I have it setup thus: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASB518&modules=1111&upgrades=212220&commander=PAW101&skills=8405057&ar=100&consumables=111&pos=0

I am aiming for this build: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASB518&modules=1111&upgrades=212220&commander=PAW101&skills=11558977&ar=100&consumables=111&pos=0

The problem is this with it right now. It's useless. Utterly. Completely. Wholly. Useless. For me.

At T8, it's ok. I've had some ok games. I am not a BB player AT ALL so honestly, if I do more than 50k and get a kill, that's good. One game I got me 4 kills and 119k damage, but that was a fluke. In-spite of my 83% win-rate (don't worry, it doesn't mean much, it's just 12 games), my average damage is 44k and my average frag 0.75.

I found that my positioning is ok. Or rather, when I analyze each game/death, I never really blame my own positioning. I don't claim it's great, but it's ok and I'm fine with it given my little experience with BBs. I typically go the side of an island to protect a broadside, and play to isolate fights on 1:1... against T8s or lower if I can help it.

I do, however, blame my absolute inability to hit jack all. I've seen salvos at 10km totally straddle a boat that even my Dunkerque would have nailed. Ditto secondaries. They just do. Nothing. At all. I see hits once in a while (my stats say 20% secondary hit vs. 23% main) but I'm surprised to hear it's that high. Ok so maybe they hit. But I don't see what they do with the hits. My aim is mostly ok. Again I won't claim to be epic at it. But it's never been an issue on any other boats (Dunkerque main battery accuracy: 31%... even New York, which I last played months ago when a much newer player, I have a 25% hit rate. 23% for Mass).

It'll take me forever to ramp-up that captain since I genuinely play BBs maybe 2 battles a week. And when I do, it'll be for Secondaries since... well I don't see what else. US BBs don't have the main battery accuracy upgrade for slot 3. I don't know what to do. Make it a port queen maybe? Keep on playing and just... not have fun? What's Massa's meta where pushing is harder and secondaries don't do anything? How can I possibly improve the accuracy of the main battery (Dead eye isn't much of an option given that it's a brawling BB, and I don't have enough points anyway)?

(I'm a DD main so a big part of this is not being used to RNG nearly as much. I have no boat with DeadEye and don't notice DeadEye around much since I can stay hidden. I don't want to *blame* the current meta, whatever it is. I just want to find Massa's place in it)

Yes, I know, 12 battles isn't enough. But 2 good games out of 12 and a totally fun-and-soul-sucking experience have left me rather cautious about that boat...

How do you all play Massa these days? Especially with a basic 10pt build and no accuracy or secondary buffs?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts
3 hours ago, Count_pott said:

I only have a 10pt captain on Massa.

The problem is this with it right now. It's useless. Utterly. Completely. Wholly. Useless. For me.

I kept my secondary build captain for the Massachusetts and use the same one for the Georgia. The only thing I'm noticing different is that DDs aren't quite as easy to take out as they once were. However, other than that, my Massey is doing just fine and remains one of my favorite ships. I try to stay just within secondary range, about 11 km, of the ships I'm fighting if I can.

image.thumb.png.15b572f0a5a806a61b812c1af049eb88.png

image.thumb.png.4495c4d4be74809ef3b89f4e00e1b0ad.png

image.png.4d262908a5d61cdb8b35e3415e9fd426.png

Remember that you can use any USN captain on the Massey.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
104 posts
1,486 battles

Ok so that seems to be normal then!

I don't think my secondaries ever hit a DD at all, but I'm also always careful to not get in a situation where this could happen. Maybe THAT's the issue; I avoid the brawls!

I do have a 18 pt or so Fletcher captain I could put on Massa, but I was trying to get one of the Does trained for it due to Grease the Gears and Gun Feeder benefits. But maybe a few games with a better captain would give me some better insights into the boat...

Thank!

Sign in to follow this