You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

I like inflicting pain upon myself

20 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

image.thumb.png.736fe829c0903e51a64533718bc8d586.png

"It's designed to hunt CLs!"

Ugh huh, so the Smolensk, Mino, Edin, Woost....just eat me alive...even at range. They just dpm you over-and-over-and-over-and-over.

Forget farming battleships, because these boats more or less rob your team of a DD spot that could be taken up by a boat that can actually affect the course of the battle. 

You also might as well forget about trying to do anything productive, because the other destroyers by now know you are little more than a speed bump to the point ships two tiers below me actively mock me when they run me over. 

So...no...hydro...no speed boost....no heal...for what? Good ap damage? That's nice, but that's terrible for the mechanics of this game. 

AVOID THIS LINE AT ALL COSTS

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,864 posts

The two tiers laughing and mocking did it.

Hardens my resolve to be in the little boat rejected by everyone. Maybe I see these two under my wheels badabump and boy the mocking i have planned. The last four chat bans I have endured this year is specifically because of new new found stress reliever called mocking in chat in game.

Now if the people playing the game expressed a good logical smart decision Not to touch the ship being offered at all... well why, it ould be  And thus WG can be indirectly abused slowly and then punished for daring to make ships that are truly crappy in battle.

Then they whine about diversity, populatiry and bans, temp bans and so on so froth and et al. Just another sign that this may be a game product circling the drain.

I actually took my Munchen out today. Found myself in with the big leaques Managed to take out a few. The idea that I ended up rotfstomped is not a surprise. You dont send tiny dogs into battle with the big ones.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Sad 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles

You masochist enjoy your suffering :Smile_trollface:

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles

Tier 8 9 and 10 should be avoided at all cost...

High tiers are a hot mess

• Boring 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,158 posts
20,041 battles

I personally prefer a DD that has main battery guns that shoot like a machine gun opposed to a larger caliber longer reload. 
That’s just me though.

[WOLF7]
Members
995 posts
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

Ugh huh, so the Smolensk, Mino, Edin, Woost....just eat me alive...even at range. They just dpm you over-and-over-and-over-and-over.

This just in, we have received reports from a player claiming that his tier 8 ship was greatly outclassed by tier 10 ships. Here at the station we can't begin to imagine the madness out there that this earth-shaking revelation is causing. This is a developing story, stay tuned for more updates as we get them. Back to you, Bob. 

:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 3

[TFFOX]
Members
1,124 posts
4,022 battles
10 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I personally prefer a DD that has main battery guns that shoot like a machine gun opposed to a larger caliber longer reload. 
That’s just me though.

I always feel so dirty when I play my harugumo lol

[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
22,018 battles

This is the David Hasselhoff line.

A DD that hunts light cruisers that like to hunt destroyers.

It's for manly men.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,061 battles
32 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

That’s just me though.

Pretty sure thats everyone, they are vastly superior...actually, this goes for every ship, the faster you can fire, the better the ship generally.

Members
690 posts
20 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I just moved on to the Maerker from the Z-31.  Z-31 was pretty good, but is a touch underpowered, needing a slight rate of fire or AP pen buff to be balanced.  It's not far off though.  Maerker is pretty well balanced however, and has a huge jump in dpm from Z-31 (171k base AP dpm compared to 111k).  The shells are identical to Z-31, so probably a touch low in dpm for the line, but she doesn't suffer too badly from this because the dpm makes up for it.  The tier 9 and 10 both have limited dpm increases, but huge jumps in AP pen, meaning Elbing is probably going to be pretty strong (continuing the recent WG tactic of making the tier 10 of a tech tree line a bit too strong, and needing to be nerfed a few months later - see Petro, Kremlin, Venezia, MvR, most likely soon to be Colombo and Elbing as well!).

I find the play style of these ships very fun indeed.  If you're not sure on ship armour profiles, don't have a thorough understanding of AP mechanics, and you can't aim that well, you're going to think these ships are pretty awful.  If you use HE on anything but DD's, then you'll be disappointed as well.  If you find yourself getting too close (sub-10km to anything), to the point that DD's can return effective fire, and even worse spot you at your concealment range (a worst case scenario for these ships), then you're going to have a REALLY bad time.  Avoid these pitfalls though, and they are a joy to play.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[-K-]
8,021 posts
10,383 battles
18 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

This might be the first non-CV line I won't grind, it looks so awful all around. I'll just wait for the inevitable buffs and go through it then.

I mean, it WILL get buffed. Right? Right?!

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

I always feel so dirty when I play my harugumo lol

USN DDs are good at contesting caps

Me in my Benson facing an Akizuki: Hey thats my job!

• Haha 1

[LWA]
Members
1,366 posts
15,829 battles
18 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Forget farming battleships, because these boats more or less rob your team of a DD spot that could be taken up by a boat that can actually affect the course of the battle. 

You also might as well forget about trying to do anything productive, because the other destroyers by now know you are little more than a speed bump to the point ships two tiers below me actively mock me when they run me over. 

So...no...hydro...no speed boost....no heal...for what? Good ap damage? That's nice, but that's terrible for the mechanics of this game. 

I found this line good for CO-OP only.  Bot cruisers let you shoot their broadsides, and the DFAA for the T9 Shultz works pretty good.  The T8 and T10 have DFAA also....woooo....ahhhh

that is the only positive I can find..

They need something else like the hydro or a reload booster for the guns....both would be nice.

[LWA]
Members
1,366 posts
15,829 battles
4 hours ago, vak_ said:

This might be the first non-CV line I won't grind, it looks so awful all around. I'll just wait for the inevitable buffs and go through it then.

I mean, it WILL get buffed. Right? Right?!

I am still waiting for the new USN battleship line to get more buffs.   That line sucks much [edited]

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

All this line needs is a heal IMHO

[B_Y_F]
Members
711 posts
16,293 battles
10 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Z-31

Please, show us one replay, JUST ONE, to let us share your enjoyment. Because people who had played this line really needed it. 

Members
690 posts
20 battles
9 hours ago, sapient007 said:

Please, show us one replay, JUST ONE, to let us share your enjoyment. Because people who had played this line really needed it. 

Sure, since you asked I posted a replay video, it's a fairly short one, but I get time to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the ship.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
14 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Sure, since you asked I posted a replay video, it's a fairly short one, but I get time to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the ship.

Congrats, you got the one game not full of machine gun dpm radar boats.

[BUOY]
Members
1,422 posts
17,207 battles

As Flamu lays out, just give up trying to do anything DD like, take all the range and just play your garbo RN CL the only way it is possible to be played i.e. farming BB / CL superstructures with AP and supplementing that with the occasional sea mine hit.

So glad I pulled the Schultz out of my first bundle since good lord this line is terrible.

[WOLFA]
Members
414 posts
23,539 battles
17 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

And this game shows exactly what type of DD is. Need smoke and spot from teammates, and with an Ansham, Aigle, Gnevny, etc (all gunboats), playing like that you will do more dmg. Nice torps btw (at 7:55), almost not take full dmg from CA and CV at the end.

Really, thanks you very much for upload this game, in division, which shows how good this DD is. 

GL and have fun with your play. :cap_like:

o7

Edited by Mala_suerte71