Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gaijin_2019

stupid AI

11 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
18 minutes ago, gaijin_2019 said:

is wg gonna change the AI feature in game? cuz they just ram into my torps, and making me pink

Nope.   Just as in randoms you are responsible for what your weapons hit. You need to monitor your teammates and make sure none of them have a chance to hit your torpedoes.  So if your torpedo hits a bot  just like when it hits a player then you go pink. That is all right and propper.  You should actually use the bots straight forward driving nature to practice not hitting your teammates with your weapons.  You see my badge below my name on the left. The damage for that elite DD badge was entirely farmed using  my Shimakaze that means about 95% torpedo damage. It is very possible to get great damage  numbers using torps without hitting your team mates.

The only thing that isn't right and propper is bots not staying pink when THEY torp someone. Some of the bots don't give a hoot whom and what is in the way of their torpedoes.

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
201 posts
10,398 battles

For a second it looked like "stupid AL" and I wondered what did I do now?

• Funny 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,341 posts
18,829 battles
1 hour ago, AldoRey50 said:

For a second it looked like "stupid AL" and I wondered what did I do now?

You owe me a coffee.  rofl.gif

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

The only thing that isn't right and proper is bots not staying pink when THEY torp someone.

What are you going to do? Confine them to co-op? :Smile_trollface:

Deep inside the AI, the Tron-like court martials are occurring. 

"That subroutine has been executed for his failure. Please supply us with the next of the same name."

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What are you going to do? Confine them to co-op? :Smile_trollface:

Deep inside the AI, the Tron-like court martials are occurring. 

"That subroutine has been executed for his failure. Please supply us with the next of the same name."

Hahaha   Show up the next match pink so all may know the bots shame! 

[CNO]
Members
6,738 posts
20,178 battles

Bot AI is trying to teach you something.

Your torps will NEVER hit a friendly if they are fired in a manner that no friendly can dynamically reach a point on the torp vector before the torp reaches it.  Learning this principle will serve you well.

Note that there will be times where the tactical (or strategic) situation warrants a torp shot when the principle above is not followed.  But even then, experience is key.  One must realize the situation and make a conscious decision to violate the principle recognizing things could go bad.  And if they do go bad, that's just something that need be accepted.  You fire 'em...you own 'em.

Lastly, keep in mind the engagement dynamics one has for some torp shots can often correlate with the engagement dynamics that will cause a friendly to turn INTO the torps!  Torps lead a target.  A friendly on a course slightly opposite the enemy and also slightly away from your torp vector often appears to be safe from your torps.  If they just keep going on their vector, or turn away, no problem.  But there is a problem.  The dynamics of this situation often requires the friendly to turn INTO the threat in order to mitigate damage from the threat.  Thus the friendly that a moment before was trailing away from your torp vector has suddenly made a hard turn INTO your torp vector.  From your perspective, it appears they intentionally turned to eat the torps.  From their perspective, they were turning to avoid the red threat and you torped them.  

It's important to understand these dynamics before launching torps.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
8 hours ago, gaijin_2019 said:

is wg gonna change the AI feature in game? cuz they just ram into my torps, and making me pink

The bots do the same thing every game.

Try launching torps in a different direction lol.

[WPORT]
Members
10,935 posts
15,412 battles
11 hours ago, gaijin_2019 said:

:cap_hmm:

11 hours ago, eviltane said:

Nope.   Just as in randoms you are responsible for what your weapons hit. You need to monitor your teammates and make sure none of them have a chance to hit your torpedoes.  So if your torpedo hits a bot  just like when it hits a player then you go pink. That is all right and propper.  You should actually use the bots straight forward driving nature to practice not hitting your teammates with your weapons.  You see my badge below my name on the left. The damage for that elite DD badge was entirely farmed using  my Shimakaze that means about 95% torpedo damage. It is very possible to get great damage  numbers using torps without hitting your team mates.

The only thing that isn't right and propper is bots not staying pink when THEY torp someone. Some of the bots don't give a hoot whom and what is in the way of their torpedoes.

+1

7 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Just be more careful...

+1

6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Bot AI is trying to teach you something.

Your torps will NEVER hit a friendly if they are fired in a manner that no friendly can dynamically reach a point on the torp vector before the torp reaches it.  Learning this principle will serve you well.

Note that there will be times where the tactical (or strategic) situation warrants a torp shot when the principle above is not followed.  But even then, experience is key.  One must realize the situation and make a conscious decision to violate the principle recognizing things could go bad.  And if they do go bad, that's just something that need be accepted.  You fire 'em...you own 'em.

Lastly, keep in mind the engagement dynamics one has for some torp shots can often correlate with the engagement dynamics that will cause a friendly to turn INTO the torps!  Torps lead a target.  A friendly on a course slightly opposite the enemy and also slightly away from your torp vector often appears to be safe from your torps.  If they just keep going on their vector, or turn away, no problem.  But there is a problem.  The dynamics of this situation often requires the friendly to turn INTO the threat in order to mitigate damage from the threat.  Thus the friendly that a moment before was trailing away from your torp vector has suddenly made a hard turn INTO your torp vector.  From your perspective, it appears they intentionally turned to eat the torps.  From their perspective, they were turning to avoid the red threat and you torped them.  

It's important to understand these dynamics before launching torps.

+1

I suggest apologizing to the damaged ally.

Then enroll in the training course known as:  "How to properly use torpedoes - 101"

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
1,061 posts
11 hours ago, gaijin_2019 said:

Be grateful the AI didn't torp you.

Sign in to follow this