Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Are there "returning player bonuses" still?

9 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,576 battles

I recall a while back (maybe a bit more than a year...) WG offered a returning player bonus for people who hadn't played in over 90 days (IIRC it was a Warspite & some missions to earn credits, doubloons and other stuff.) I have a friend I'm hoping to coax out of retirement to come back and something like that could help tempt him, but I can't find any up to date info on it.

Is the program over? Anyone got info? TIA.

[WOLFX]
Members
62 posts
7,253 battles

A 7 day T8 rental :BB: was what was offered to me the last time I took a break in 2019. I was able to keep the 6 point commander (wowzers!) that came with it so there is that I guess. I never even sailed the ship.

[PVE]
Members
14,456 posts
30,525 battles
31 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I recall a while back (maybe a bit more than a year...) WG offered a returning player bonus for people who hadn't played in over 90 days (IIRC it was a Warspite & some missions to earn credits, doubloons and other stuff.) I have a friend I'm hoping to coax out of retirement to come back and something like that could help tempt him, but I can't find any up to date info on it.

Is the program over? Anyone got info? TIA.

If they have not played for 90 days or more have them come back as a recruit for you. That way you both earn recruitment points for playing which lets you get crates with good stuff and they will get a mission where once they win 25 games in a T4+ ship they get 14 Days Premium Time and 2 Super Containers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/recruiting_station/

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

Came back in early 2020. Got a lot of weekly rentals with increased discounts, after 3 or 4 I settled on Prinz E, after discounts+coupons it was really really cheap. It all stopped after the purchase, mission accomplished for them I guess.

[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles
43 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If they have not played for 90 days or more have them come back as a recruit for you. That way you both earn recruitment points for playing which lets you get crates with good stuff and they will get a mission where once they win 25 games in a T4+ ship they get 14 Days Premium Time and 2 Super Containers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/recruiting_station/

The way it's described the 14 Days premium and 2 SCs are considered bonuses to the already existing bonuses. 

So if a veteran player doesn't have Diana Lima or Warspite they will be getting it as well and an extra 14 days premium.

That's about as good as it gets anyway; from what I'm aware I was among the luckiest returning players (December 2017, Giulio Cesare and DeGrasse+ other stuff for free).

This practice stopped at early 2018, with Ashitaka and HuangHe being the last ships to be freely given.

Edited by warheart1992

[PSP]
Members
31 posts
10,356 battles

Make the game primarily about surface naval combat rather than CV farming damage and I would return in a heartbeat. Been 4 months now since my last battle. Not seeing any improvement. Just the opposite.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,576 battles

Thanks for the input folks. He was already a recruit of mine originally, so I guess that's all there is to it.

[SYN]
Members
15,993 posts
12,803 battles

The returning player bonuses these days are extremely stingy.

Don't bother logging in until WG sends a good deal to your email address.

Sign in to follow this