You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Somebody needs a Snickers

33 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles

Anatomy of an "intentional" Team Kill.

T9 DD decides to bee line all the way across the map to put five into me:

1335429387_onerd.thumb.jpg.5b94c00dbf0080bc88b3962c701ef9ec.jpg

As you can see, he's not a happy camper:

1430862774_tword.thumb.jpg.b6476752e2e83cabcecfb186b853389e.jpg

Now for the kill shot:

412836996_threerd.thumb.jpg.58b852a846d776708b3841f0edb613d6.jpg

LoL:

694860883_fourrd.thumb.jpg.14391ac4e0742669371ce09a478b0a25.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,432 posts
14,956 battles

Must be your top number one fan.

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

But why?

Now tell us the fun part, what did you say to him to make him love you that much?

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
9 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

T9 DD decides to bee line all the way across the map to put five into me:

1335429387_onerd.thumb.jpg.5b94c00dbf0080bc88b3962c701ef9ec.jpg

As you can see, he's not a happy camper:

1430862774_tword.thumb.jpg.b6476752e2e83cabcecfb186b853389e.jpg

Now for the kill shot:

412836996_threerd.thumb.jpg.58b852a846d776708b3841f0edb613d6.jpg

LoL:

694860883_fourrd.thumb.jpg.14391ac4e0742669371ce09a478b0a25.jpg

Did you started telling him how K-Pop was going to influence his existence ???

Did you manage to save the replay ???

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

But why?

Now tell us the fun part, what did you say to him to make him love you that much?

LOL. I didn't have a clue at first.  However....

Before the match started, I was looking over our MM, and noticed that the way WOWS lined them up on my screen the bottom three spelled out "Chung Mu Le Terrible Asashio".

I thought that was funny, so I came up in all chat and told everyone about it.  I blamed it on WOWS.  It's just funny to see how all these names randomly sorted on the MM screen sometimes spell something out.

As the Chung Mu was the one that came at me from the very start.  All the way across the map.  Seriously.  A bee line.  Nothing else.  Straight at me.  I guess he must have taken it personally.  I was just humored by the MM. Didn't even dawn on me anyone would take it personally.  They're just ship names, not player names.  Oh well, you know what they say about context and the internet.

Spoiler

Oh, and I think I misspelled Asashio:Smile_hiding:

And on the plus side, I discovered a TK bug.  The end of game stats counts BOTH the torps that hit you and the reflected torps on the end count.  So a silver lining of sorts. 

• Funny 3
  • Haha 3

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Did you manage to save the replay ???

I've got replay and bandicam'd it.  I'm more humored, than upset.  If anything, it shows the power of reflected punishment.  Look at the HP pool of each ship as the torps were incoming.  All his damage...almost his entire HP pool...was himself killing himself.  As this unfolded,  I just ignored him.  A Tker will eventually kill himself.  This shows it in action.  

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,924 posts
5,022 battles
19 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hmm......The legend says that during the PTS testing of the subs a player encountered another player with the WoWsAdmin nick. Playing a Cv. The aforementioned player instantly asked the other player for a teamkill. Anyway, the battle went on and the first player died as a result of the enemy Cv's actions and parted with the "F word Cv's" exclamation. The latter player didn't really liked it , but given the fact that the first player did gud (4+ kills)  he let it go. I think.

But I'm not comparing the situations. This is....not nice. 

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
8 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Before the match started, I was looking over our MM, and noticed that the way WOWS lined them up on my screen the bottom three spelled out "Chung Mu Le Terrible Asashio".

I thought that was funny, so I came up in all chat and told everyone about it.  I blamed it on WOWS.  It's just funny to see how all these names randomly sorted on the MM screen sometimes spell something out.

As the Chung Mu was the one that came at me from the very start.  All the way across the map.  Seriously.  A bee line.  Nothing else.  Straight at me.  I guess he must have taken it personally.  I was just humored by the MM. Didn't even dawn on me anyone would take it personally.  They're just ship names, not player names.  Oh well, you know what they say about context and the internet.

Hide contents

And on the plus side, I discovered a TK bug.  The end of game stats counts BOTH the torps that hit you and the reflected torps on the end count.  So a silver lining of sorts. 

Based on that information, it either was a Chung Mu worshipper or a Grammer Nazi..... I sure did Na Zi that team kill coming :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
14,126 posts
20,570 battles
6 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I've got replay and bandicam'd it.  I'm more humored, than upset.  If anything, it shows the power of reflected punishment.  Look at the HP pool of each ship as the torps were incoming.  All his damage...almost his entire HP pool...was himself killing himself.  As this unfolded,  I just ignored him.  A Tker will eventually kill himself.  This shows it in action.  

Not for that reason.. We saw the TK mechanic in action.. I/we were interested in how he took it personal in the first place...

In all my 20k+ games played... People are triggered by the smallest of provocation.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts

I'm seeing one or two 'pink' players in every match this Ranked season, which is saying something in a 7-player match. Now, some of this may actually be blamable on Wargaming due to the "save a star" mechanic. For instance, I'm seeing a lot of Shimakazes that sit behind the team and send off their long-range torps, probably along RRP location vectors, through the allied formations. I've had to dodge these torps right and left all weekend. Another reason may be due to Ranked season too. People seem to get more upset in Ranked than they do in Randoms. Just today I saw the same DD player in three different games and he was cussing out the team every time. Or, it could just be the normal slew of "weekend warriors."

[WOLFH]
Members
1,290 posts
  Hide contents

So "Chung Mu Le Terrible A?????" made the other player really mad.

Exactly how did you misspell Asashio?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Reveal hidden contents

By "...misspelled Asashio"...are you saying that you actually might have said that the "Chung Mu was a Le Terrible A-hole"?

That might have been what prompted it if so?

• Haha 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

But why?

My thoughts too. I have no reason to believe @Soshi_Sone did anything untoward, but like most screen shots showing a particular pov you never know the circumstances (e.g. Soshi could have fired across his bow a couple of times, given him grief in chat - then the DD lost it).

Still, no reason for him to lose it and act that way. Question to @Soshi_Sone: was his death from you retaliating, or him being so preoccupied with you that someone else killed him lol?

[OGF]
Members
420 posts
7,852 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

was his death from you retaliating, or him being so preoccupied with you that someone else killed him lol?

It was the reflected damage from the second torp salvo once he was over the threshold.

• Cool 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,972 posts
21,636 battles
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Reveal hidden contents

so let me get this straight,  you make a joke about how the names line up and he goes poastal?

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Question to @Soshi_Sone: was his death from you retaliating, or him being so preoccupied with you that someone else killed him lol?

Look at the last screen shot, to the right, where it shows who kills who.  When killer and victim are the same, that's a reflected damage TK.

I never touched him.  Remember, you don't need to retaliate against a TKer.   That will just get YOU pink.  Just let them have their fun; they will eventually breach the threshold and kill themselves.  Look at his health pool as the torps are in-bound.  With the exception of little chunk of damage taken from the reds, he literally wiped himself out.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles
7 hours ago, C14Alpha said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So "Chung Mu Le Terrible A?????" made the other player really mad.

Exactly how did you misspell Asashio?

:Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles
26 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Just let them have their fun; they will eventually breach the threshold and kill themselves. 

I'm actually surprised he didn't destroy himself on the first salvo. Chung torps aren't exactly fluffy pillows.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
4 hours ago, buglips said:

It was the reflected damage from the second torp salvo once he was over the threshold.

1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Look at the last screen shot, to the right, where it shows who kills who.  When killer and victim are the same, that's a reflected damage TK.

I never touched him.  Remember, you don't need to retaliate against a TKer.   That will just get YOU pink.  Just let them have their fun; they will eventually breach the threshold and kill themselves.  Look at his health pool as the torps are in-bound.  With the exception of little chunk of damage taken from the reds, he literally wiped himself out.

No issues, as I was using my phone it wasn't the easiest to view. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm actually surprised he didn't destroy himself on the first salvo. Chung torps aren't exactly fluffy pillows.

I don't think (but I could be wrong) that you can kill yourself w/reflected damage on a 1st salvo...I think 1st salvos (no matter how much damage) just turn you pink...

Exception would be a certain amount of time delay between contact...like a main battery/torp rack volley staggered too much...but it is not just your average fire/flood damage tick...it takes a good bit between them I'm pretty sure.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts

Looking where those other 3 DD's died,  they were all kinda Le Terrible

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I don't think (but I could be wrong) that you can kill yourself w/reflected damage on a 1st salvo

That was the only reason I could think of that he was still alive; that the hits from the first rack were close enough together to be read as only one instance of team damage.