You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vorlonagent

WoWs never logs in

7 comments in this topic

[DD201]
Members
131 posts
4,347 battles

I updated to the latest WoWs version and tried to run the game today.  It simply endless-loops at "logging in".  There's no error messages and it will sit in this state for at least 10 minutes.  

I ran WGCheck from the launcher.  All it found was the ModStation mods I run   I let WGCheck delete the mods.  No change.  I can attach the .wgc file if it helps.

My AV is PCMatic which I know can get picky with games.  I have it set to prompt me for an override if it tries to block a program.  I set it for "industry standard" mode (which turns off its "super shield" function.  I had it pause protection for 10 min.  No change.

I don't suppose there's a "verbose login" mode I can run where I can see where it is stuck?

As an aside it has been slow to login a lot over the last few patches.  Not it simply isn't logging in at all.

[WORX]
Members
14,168 posts
20,676 battles
8 minutes ago, vorlonagent said:

I updated to the latest WoWs version and tried to run the game today.  It simply endless-loops at "logging in".  There's no error messages and it will sit in this state for at least 10 minutes.  

I ran WGCheck from the launcher.  All it found was the ModStation mods I run   I let WGCheck delete the mods.  No change.  I can attach the .wgc file if it helps.

My AV is PCMatic which I know can get picky with games.  I have it set to prompt me for an override if it tries to block a program.  I set it for "industry standard" mode (which turns off its "super shield" function.  I had it pause protection for 10 min.  No change.

I don't suppose there's a "verbose login" mode I can run where I can see where it is stuck?

As an aside it has been slow to login a lot over the last few patches.  Not it simply isn't logging in at all.

Dont forget to manually set your firewall permissions after every update...

• If I were you, I would disable my firewall completely. Firewalls lately  are scams build on scaring the user in buying their malware...

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
11,157 posts
19,562 battles
13 minutes ago, vorlonagent said:

Try clicking on the screen and read the bottom, it says skip movie or something like that. Click on that.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,389 posts
26,048 battles

I had to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it in order to log in.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
263 posts

I use a DD-WRT firewalled router and stock Win10 Pro.  No issues with logins.

[DD201]
Members
131 posts
4,347 battles
15 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

I had to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it in order to log in.

I was afraid that was what I was going to have to do.   WoWs is a big game.

I may try one cheat.  I have a laptop capable of playing WoWs and it logs in fine (just checked).  Maybe I could simply copy laptop's game folders and  files on top of my problematic desktop install.  The worst that could happen is I have to reinstall the game...

Edited by vorlonagent

[DD201]
Members
131 posts
4,347 battles
4 hours ago, vorlonagent said:

I may try one cheat.  I have a laptop capable of playing WoWs and it logs in fine (just checked).  Maybe I could simply copy laptop's game folders and  files on top of my problematic desktop install.  The worst that could happen is I have to reinstall the game...

It worked.  :)

Mind you I made sure the version from my laptop was clean and WoWs folder on my desktop was also clean.  No mods present in either.  I did not want to take the remote chance of an unexpected mod file screwing things up.  Launched.  success.

Then I added mods back in and tried a second test-boot.  Still worked.  Looks like I'm good once more.

Edited by vorlonagent
  • Thanks 1