You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CabSauv

Equality re:ramming/collisions

12 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
Members
14 posts
4,055 battles

I have not seen any post on this as of yet, but I may have missed them.

"Ramming" with WOWS in my mind is so completely bogus, it blows my mind.  IE: a tiny destroyer on 1/4 HP bumps an enemy BB and both explode, killing both (ramming flags not included).  A harder impact between 2 BB's of a FRIENDLY team leads to a miniscule penalty.  WHAT?

Make up your minds!  Either ship to ship contact does damage or it doesn't!  Make the contact relevant to the contact given.  If 2 ships collide, then there will be damage, and it matters not if they are enemies or friendlies.  Why should a friendly purposely ram a team member and get off with a tiny 5-10 penalty, when that SAME contact would have destroyed an enemy ship? 

If you are going to initiate proportionate damage with ramming, make it universal.

• Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

Equality: Both ships die. Seems right to me?

And it's simple, gameplay. Do you really want to lose two ships before the battle even starts because you guys bumped getting out of spawn? So TK damage is significantly toned down, enemy is more explody. If you want realism go join the Navy.

• Cool 1

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
14 minutes ago, CabSauv said:

IE: a tiny destroyer on 1/4 HP bumps an enemy BB and both explode, killing both

What are you high on?  Even an arcade game has its standards.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
36 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Without signals, a DD can only impart its full health damage to another ship.  If the BB is that low on health it seems equitable that both die.

Ramming - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

This, it is not an automatic death for the higher HP ship when ships with dissimilar HP collide. 

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
5 hours ago, CabSauv said:

a tiny destroyer on 1/4 HP bumps an enemy BB and both explode, killing both (ramming flags not included).  WHAT?

A full life top tier DD at full speed (because speed does play a factor in how much damage is delivered when ramming...the faster you're moving the more damage you deliver) w/a ramming flag can not sink a full life low tier (w/in it's tier spread) BB sitting still at any tier & the DD will be sunk by the ram everytime...repeat...even w/a ramming flag equipped on the DD it can not sink a full life BB just by ramming...ever.

Methinks you exaggerate a tad too much there...unless you were referring to a 1/4 life BB even though you only specified the 1/4 life of the DD.

Present HP doesn't matter anyway btw...damage is based on how many HPs the hull starts the battle with... not how much it presently has left.

TK damage is reduced so trolls don't have the option to grief teammates for their whole ship in a battle.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[TSG4]
Members
14 posts
4,055 battles

Most of you are missing the point entirely.  I'm talking about ramming damage.  Period.  How unbalanced it is.  Yes, I think that it should be the same for friendlies, as it is for enemy ships.

But then again, now that I think about how WG does things, like getting one HE round on the bow of a cruiser and it takes out your steering for example, or any number of unexplainable things that happen, Guess I shouldn't be surprised or get hopes too high.

[GT3]
Members
218 posts
8,103 battles

U wanna explode every time a team mate bumps into you?

Imagine taking a georgia with speed and ram signals and just ramming your whole team to death. :cap_haloween:

[CVA16]
Members
6,722 posts
20,698 battles
On 4/19/2021 at 1:35 AM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

(because speed does play a factor in how much damage is delivered when ramming...the faster you're moving the more damage you deliver

Red v green collision speed drops into 2 categories. Very slow and Anything more. A very slow speed ram results in low damage on a per second basis. Anything more and  each ship does its base HP to the other instantly. Green on green is always counted as a slow speed ram.

The majority of us are very happy that friendly rams do not result in much damage and running aground results in NO damage. IRL ships/fleets did not fight in the island infested arenas WG gives us and fleets travelled in formations to avoid friendly collisions because collisions did cripple or sink ships. Fleets also  tended to sail in lines broadside to the enemy (a big NO in game).  In game, trying to hold a formation is like trying to herd cats. Ramming rules are not logical but neither are dozens of other arcade game-only physics changes.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
On 4/19/2021 at 10:22 PM, CabSauv said:

Most of you are missing the point entirely.  I'm talking about ramming damage.  Period.  How unbalanced it is.  Yes, I think that it should be the same for friendlies, as it is for enemy ships.

But then again, now that I think about how WG does things, like getting one HE round on the bow of a cruiser and it takes out your steering for example, or any number of unexplainable things that happen, Guess I shouldn't be surprised or get hopes too high.

welcome to being griefed

are you serious?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,704 battles
On 4/18/2021 at 9:43 PM, CabSauv said:

I have not seen any post on this as of yet, but I may have missed them.

"Ramming" with WOWS in my mind is so completely bogus, it blows my mind.  IE: a tiny destroyer on 1/4 HP bumps an enemy BB and both explode, killing both (ramming flags not included).  A harder impact between 2 BB's of a FRIENDLY team leads to a miniscule penalty.  WHAT?

Make up your minds!  Either ship to ship contact does damage or it doesn't!  Make the contact relevant to the contact given.  If 2 ships collide, then there will be damage, and it matters not if they are enemies or friendlies.  Why should a friendly purposely ram a team member and get off with a tiny 5-10 penalty, when that SAME contact would have destroyed an enemy ship? 

If you are going to initiate proportionate damage with ramming, make it universal.

3,000 tons of shot up steel moving at 35 knots is still 3,000 tons of steel moving at 35 knots.  The idea that current health should be part of the damage done equation is silly.

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,095 posts
6,421 battles

I think they could add more realism to the "ram". But Is not a good idea to allow friendly to do full damage. There is too much trolls and too much mistakes. There will be ships lost at the start in almost every game.