You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Any Improvements to Ship Skills Since Rework Yet?

15 comments in this topic

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles

Has Wargaming fixed the disaster they caused with skills Rework yet?

Really wanting to play again, but not if Skills / ships are in same state of disaster as they were just after the unnecessary captain Skills Rework.so checking in ever now and then to see if they have made any improvements to make game playable again. ( I did not like the game being reduced to sniping only after Rework)

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,825 posts
24,361 battles

No

• Meh 2

Members
1,127 posts

i think people have learned to spec out their ships correctly ,,not reading alot of complaints about the skills anymore ...only from the same people complaining about the same thing and even that has subsided...so feel free to splash around and see for yourself....i would say

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
20 minutes ago, arch4random said:

i think people have learned to spec out their ships correctly ,,not reading alot of complaints about the skills anymore ...only from the same people complaining about the same thing and even that has subsided...so feel free to splash around and see for yourself....i would say

Well, it is pointless to talk to deaf ears. They won't listen even to the words spoken with the best intentions so....  Btw I'm still waiting for a "refund" for my Siegfried. Because sure as hell I won't grind for any other thing in the RB. 

Edited by Bandi73

Banned
1,684 posts
22 minutes ago, arch4random said:

Screaming as loud as one can to a deaf person is a lesson in futility.

Typing in this forum for the blind to read is another lesson in futility.

WG is both Deaf and Blind.

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Has Wargaming fixed the disaster they caused with skills Rework yet?

Really wanting to play again, but not if Skills / ships are in same state of disaster as they were just after the unnecessary captain Skills Rework.so checking in ever now and then to see if they have made any improvements to make game playable again. ( I did not like the game being reduced to sniping only after Rework)

The old skill tree was already struggling to deal with all the type specific skills and if/when subs come along the rework would have had to have happened then and two new things at once is a recipe for disaster. Now I disagree on secondary and survival builds being taken away from cruisers. I think that the reason that secondary dispersion in secondary builds was nerfed was that they were too accurate at long range but I think they over did that nerf. I think that the dispersion reduction should go up to 40 or maybe 45% where it would still be a huge nerf to long range accuracy but would bring the hit rate up from medium to close range.

• Cool 1

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The old skill tree was already struggling to deal with all the type specific skills and if/when subs come along the rework would have had to have happened then and two new things at once is a recipe for disaster. Now I disagree on secondary and survival builds being taken away from cruisers. I think that the reason that secondary dispersion in secondary builds was nerfed was that they were too accurate at long range but I think they over did that nerf. I think that the dispersion reduction should go up to 40 or maybe 45% where it would still be a huge nerf to long range accuracy but would bring the hit rate up from medium to close range.

My DDs were not feeling that good either post Rework.

If extra subs skills were needed they should have added skills to tree and maybe raised skill cap limit. Not take a sledge hammer to things which unfortunately has been their solution to things like CV Rework, and now skills Rework.

World of Tank’s Blitz dev team has tended to be smarter in the sense when things were needed skill wise they added skills not completely 100% change it all and things have worked.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
38 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My DDs were not feeling that good either post Rework.

If extra subs skills were needed they should have added skills to tree and maybe raised skill cap limit. Not take a sledge hammer to things which unfortunately has been their solution to things like CV Rework, and now skills Rework.

World of Tank’s Blitz dev team has tended to be smarter in the sense when things were needed skill wise they added skills not completely 100% change it all and things have worked.

DD's came off the best as they don't have as many all or nothing choices.

It is obvious that they wanted to make changes to the skills and I do like that you can spec a captain for multiple ship types. The team whose CV won the air battle had something like a 70% WR in the RTS system. That was broken and while we can argue that some parts should have been done differently changes were needed.

Edited by BrushWolf

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

DD's came off the best as they don't have as many all or nothing choices.

It is obvious that they wanted to make changes to the skills and I do like that you can spec a captain for multiple ship types. The team whose CV won the air battle had something like a 70% WR in the RTS system. That was broken and while we can argue that some parts should have been done differently changes were needed.

I feel like I have a lot less AA defense against planes than pre skills Rework. Last few battles I played in DD CVs ever more aggressively sought out my DD, knowing they could now get away with even more than before. Never takes CVs long to figure out new metas when it involves their being able to far more easily attack.

Pre Skills Rework BFT was decent dual purpose skill as it would increase rate of fire on my DD guns as well as give me +10% added AA.

[WOLF3]
Members
203 posts
2,545 battles
10 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Well, it is pointless to talk to deaf ears. They won't listen even to the words spoken with the best intentions so....  Btw I'm still waiting for a "refund" for my Siegfried. Because sure as hell I won't grind for any other thing in the RB. 

Feel for you ......Siegfried got hosed bad. It's a shame, especially for those people who wasted their research points on her and then had her castrated. I was just about to get her when the secondary nerf hammer came down ....

• Thanks 1

[KIA-C]
Members
370 posts
4,954 battles

There are some good signs regarding the upcoming skill changes. 

The removal of the 25% penalty to the carrier skill "Enhanced Reactions" to fighters and interceptors may indicate the developers are interested in encouraging more CV vs CV game-play. Currently, most cv builds focus exclusively on targeting surface ships. It isn't a big change, but it does provide a "litmus test" on what may come in future patches. 

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
9 minutes ago, A_Horde_of_Sharks said:

There are some good signs regarding the upcoming skill changes. 

The removal of the 25% penalty to the carrier skill "Enhanced Reactions" to fighters and interceptors may indicate the developers are interested in encouraging more CV vs CV game-play. Currently, most cv builds focus exclusively on targeting surface ships. It isn't a big change, but it does provide a "litmus test" on what may come in future patches. 

I....don't think so. In RTS days that would have made sense  because the Cv;s had a fixed number of planes, but now??. If direct Cv vs Cv action is discouraged.....why would anyone take skillz..... which don't reward or help damage output?

[KIA-C]
Members
370 posts
4,954 battles
6 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

I....don't think so. In RTS days that would have made sense  because the Cv;s had a fixed number of planes, but now??. If direct Cv vs Cv action is discouraged.....why would anyone take skillz..... which don't reward or help damage output?

Because not everything is about damage output.  Spotting enemy ships or providing anti-air cover may not be flashy or impressive looking, but it can win games by providing crucial assistance to your allies. 

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
6 hours ago, A_Horde_of_Sharks said:

Because not everything is about damage output.  Spotting enemy ships or providing anti-air cover may not be flashy or impressive looking, but it can win games by providing crucial assistance to your allies. 

Oh sweet summer child ....Yes. But tbh, I saw that behaviour very rarely from Cv players. And from players in general.