You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 16-18 April 2021

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles

Met my grind targets for Kitakaze and Vittorio Veneto. Had a heartbreaking almost-carry in the Veneto in one of those strange two-human co-op battles, in which our other human (an Asashio) decided it would be a really great idea to trade shots with a Mogami outside of smoke concealment. 

Not feeling well today, so I didn't play as much as I ordinarily would have. Plus I spent almost an hour putting together a gaming chair that was a present from my wife, which was time well spent in terms of my future playing comfort!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
4,256 posts
15,024 battles

The usual. Started off a bit slow, ended strong. Also got the Veneto, not a fan, almost makes me want to go back to the Cara. MTG came out with a new set, so next week or 2 busy playing jank.

Hope ya feel better Ensign.

meh.jpg

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles

Finished the first DD bit in Co-op, spamming Missouri for the credits tasks.

Spamming my gatcha games for their current events.

Drove two hours to go visit a friend.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,287 posts
13,784 battles

Finished the first directives and token missions. Had some decent games but didn’t get to play as much as I’d like. Thoroughly enjoying the t7 Italian Francesco. Also had a solid bottom tier Amagi game. Bb play has not been my best or favorite type but been enjoying it a lot more the last several months.

continued the German cruiser reset, almost to hipper but will miss the yorck. Eyeing vampire or yolo for the next rb ship. Torn but will probably take vampire

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles

Got the dockyard/German token missions done.  I was all over the place.  couldn't hit the water or going John Wick.  Nothing in between.  Kind of the story of the weekend otherwise also.  Another good track meet and then our dryer had a breakdown  (and whoever located the heating elements components in this dryer should be flogged).

Edited by DrHolmes52

[UNHLY]
Members
5,219 posts
14,636 battles

Finished the first stage of the directives and the first token mission yesterday, and finished most of my grind to Skane (only about 8-9k left to go on Vasteras). Probably going to get that grind done tonight depending on how much I end up playing. 

The rest is pretty much just my normal grinding goals to prepare for the anniversary event in the fall (got 10 others on the list in addition to Vasteras) which will take me through mid to late June, and slowly building up resources. About a week left and I’ll have enough steel for Shikishima, and then another few weeks after that for another coal ship sans coupon. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,494 posts
25,963 battles

Finished the first directive and the token mission.  Otherwise just continued the grind on the last 5 DD lines.  All are at T9 and between working on the hull upgrade or up to 75k for the TX DD.  I am aiming for the end of May to be done with all 5 lines.  Will also have a RB reset in there around May 11th.

Also will be trying to get the new T8 KM DD because I am hearing such negative things about the Z31 at T7 and I don't want to start that grind at that point.

[--K--]
Members
5,428 posts
18,779 battles

Games are boring with team mates camping at the back. Carriers are still stupid broken. Grinding 19p captains back to elite statues is such a great time in the current meta. And generally the less I play the better off I am. Because when I seen Battleships sitting at the back of the map Deadeye Sniping or Cruisers trying to make Outnumbered work and Carriers flying in to take 80% of my HP in the first 5 minutes of a battle while I can do nothing to stop it. I have to wonder do the people who balance this dumpster fire even play it? 

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles

Naval Battles are on a temporary interruption.  So, didn't participate in those, this weekend.

Sailed some of my low-tier ships for the fun of it, and to train some Commanders.

Promoted a few Commanders in the course of today's efforts among low/middle/high tiers.

Completed Phase One of the German DD Dockyard build.
Completed a few tasks in two Campaigns (Honorable Service and Isoroku Yamamoto campaigns.)

Saw a few forum-ers in a few games.  Posted about it in the "Who have you seen in game" topic.

Earned more resource containers and a Twitch container.  With those containers, have saved-up more coal towards my goal of welcoming the Yoshino to my Port.  Still have about 10k coal to go.

Purchased some velcro straps for use in a project to improve the convenience of the fabric shelf-liners used in our (my Wife & I) Ferret's cage.

Good luck and have fun.  :-)

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles

Addendum:

Just set a new Randoms PB with 233k damage, with 5 kills for a Kraken, a Confederate, High Caliber, and “It’s Just a Flesh Wound!” in Georgia.

Clanmate/Divmate in the same battle had 4 kills.

And signed off for the night after that; anything after that would have been disappointing.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
And we won.

[SYN]
Members
9,068 posts
16,702 battles

Was away in the mountains most of the weekend, came back on Sunday night and thought I'd try and grind the Veneto a bit.

Terrible mistake, terrible, awful ship, terrible awful teams. Wish I hadn't!

[DVYJC]
Members
4,427 posts
11,860 battles

Didn't play much, but played I think twelve ranked Silver games, won seven and saved four stars. Lost my first ranked star of the weekend just now and so I went back to Randoms in fun ships to finish my last daily combat mission and ended with a 2,484 BXP Giulio Cesare match. I don't care, I know it's a seal clubber, but it's just so much fun to play.

[PVE]
Members
8,822 posts
25,144 battles
5 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

Games are boring with team mates camping at the back. Carriers are still stupid broken. Grinding 19p captains back to elite statues is such a great time in the current meta. And generally the less I play the better off I am. Because when I seen Battleships sitting at the back of the map Deadeye Sniping or Cruisers trying to make Outnumbered work and Carriers flying in to take 80% of my HP in the first 5 minutes of a battle while I can do nothing to stop it. I have to wonder do the people who balance this dumpster fire even play it? 

Of course they play it...who do you think is in all of those CVs?

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles

Can we please keep the CV hatred out of this thread? Go start your own if you want to rage about it, but don't bring it here.

• Cool 2

Members
462 posts
17,335 battles

Had to have the water heater replaced on Friday afternoon (which followed having to replace the washer followed by the refrigerator, all in the past year or so).  Played a little on Saturday prior to running errands and visiting family.  Yesterday, I finished the first dockyard directive and the german tokens thing. Played a bit for ECXP and to work on advancing my various tech tier ships (IJN, US, RU, KM, UK).

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles
13 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Met my grind targets for Kitakaze and Vittorio Veneto. Had a heartbreaking almost-carry in the Veneto in one of those strange two-human co-op battles, in which our other human (an Asashio) decided it would be a really great idea to trade shots with a Mogami outside of smoke concealment. 

Not feeling well today, so I didn't play as much as I ordinarily would have. Plus I spent almost an hour putting together a gaming chair that was a present from my wife, which was time well spent in terms of my future playing comfort!

Hope you start feeling better.

Let's see.   German DD/Dockyard was done Tuesday.  No Naval Battles.  COOP is hosed with the 2x7 MM bug or intentional coding gimmick........so, saw 4 losses this last week and there was nothing possible to save those matches: the other humans simply gave up and that made it 1x8 at game start.........no opportunities there.  @Hapa_Fodder simply say's "report it as a bug" (not the response I expected) and the silence from our host is deafening.........which, makes me wonder if this really isn't a bug but another attempt to eradicate COOP/PVE. 

Got rid of all of my Reserve 3 through 6 point CPT's since I had over 1 billion credits to burn.  That added another 900K or so in ECXP.  Down to 170 days of PT and I'm spending all of my saved Doubloons to 0.........  It's time to clean house and anticipate retiring from the game for some time.  It's time, the game is simply no fun anymore and everyone else I was close with are retired or gone......  And, the game has the MGS disease and it's especially sad to watch a game wither and succumb to apathy.  We are there.

I'm staying till my PT runs out.  I won't waste that. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles
34 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

@Hapa_Fodder simply say's "report it as a bug" (not the response I expected) and the silence from our host is deafening.........which, makes me wonder if this really isn't a bug but another attempt to eradicate COOP/PVE. 

You could get an immediate answer which might be wrong,  or you could wait for a more measured answer after someone's looked at the problem. 

The latter seems more appropriate than jumping immediately to the worst and most unforgiving conclusion. There are easier and more definitive ways to shut down PvE.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You could get an immediate answer which might be wrong,  or you could wait for a more measured answer after someone's looked at the problem. 

The latter seems more appropriate than jumping immediately to the worst and most unforgiving conclusion. There are easier and more definitive ways to shut down PvE.

My experiences with this game's customer support reject your notions of a "measured answer......"  Heck Ensign, most of the time, you never get an "answer" even if you send them 11 replies/attachments/data for the 13 items they require.......!

If this is a "bug", that infers that MM code was altered at the release of the Yamato Combat Mission............and, begs to ask the question:  "altered to do what>?"  Why is the follow up.  Is the MM code embedded in the actual map/mode/game coding?  On would think it would be a separate sub-routine that universally stands alone (as most games I've researched have.....)  This game could be different...........

I'd just like an answer because I am tired of losing COOP matches knowing there are enough players on the Servers to create full or mostly full teams.......this 2x7 is an intentional process because it is repeating itself in a consistent way.  You can tell you are about to get into a 2x7 when the timer goes beyond 31 seconds.....

shot-21_04.19_10_51.23-0392.thumb.jpg.5f584cde890b25b2f0a1296ad9d68f34.jpg

2x7 screen shot..........

Edited by Asym_KS

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
21 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

My experiences with this game's customer support reject your notions of a "measured answer......"  Heck Ensign, most of the time, you never get an "answer" even if you send them 11 replies/attachments/data for the 13 items they require.......!

If this is a "bug", that infers that MM code was altered at the release of the Yamato Combat Mission............and, begs to ask the question:  "altered to do what>?"  Why is the follow up.  Is the MM code embedded in the actual map/mode/game coding?  On would think it would be a separate sub-routine that universally stands alone (as most games I've researched have.....)  This game could be different...........

I'd just like an answer because I am tired of losing COOP matches knowing there are enough players on the Servers to create full or mostly full teams.......this 2x7 is an intentional process because it is repeating itself in a consistent way.  You can tell you are about to get into a 2x7 when the timer goes beyond 31 seconds.....

shot-21_04.19_10_51.23-0392.thumb.jpg.5f584cde890b25b2f0a1296ad9d68f34.jpg

2x7 screen shot..........

I think you are incorrect on this one.  I've had 2 human and 9 human games pretty much anywhere on the timer dial since the patch.  In fact, one of the all human games I was in with you was a 30 second timeout.

About the only thing a 30 second timer (plus the extra 15 seconds on every match) is that people that joined when you did are causing the MM to delay dropping).

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

Progressing on my T8 grind, got out of stock a couple more ships, did Dockyard and extra mission and some campaign task.

Randoms gave me hell, 4-6 overall with every victory being a stupid hard carry. I like challenge but I wouldn't mind some lazy wins once in a while.

Had to take a break and play some Ranked, I'm taming the Edinburgh. Tried going Radar but I'm still not ready for that level of insanity, reverted to smoke and did fine. 

A couple Ops reminded me why to not play Failstation Newport.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think you are incorrect on this one.  I've had 2 human and 9 human games pretty much anywhere on the timer dial since the patch.  In fact, one of the all human games I was in with you was a 30 second timeout.

About the only thing a 30 second timer (plus the extra 15 seconds on every match) is that people that joined when you did are causing the MM to delay dropping).

I don't remember our game unfortunately.   I was just looking at games today really.  All of the 2x7's were over 30 seconds for some reason?  And, there have been several today with one loss.......  I am sick to death of this crap.

I have submitted tickets; written to Hapa asking for someone to look into this; and, some players are simply leaving the 2x7 match or staying AFK......those games have been losses for me.

Thanks for the reply and have you submitted a ticket>?