You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
skull1239

critical error when starting wows

4 comments in this topic

[T-L]
Members
2 posts
7,027 battles

I get a black screen and then a critical error message when starting wows it started right after the update and haven't gotten on since and i tried repairing and uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it still doesn't work

critical error.jpg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,515 posts
18 minutes ago, skull1239 said:

I get a black screen and then a critical error message when starting wows it started right after the update and haven't gotten on since and i tried repairing and uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it still doesn't work

critical error.jpg

Did you have any mods installed? If you did then they may not have been properly uninstalled. Try doing the following:

1. Uninstall the game via the Control Panel.

2. Manually delete the C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA folder (or whichever folder WOWS resides in) if it still exists.

3. Download the free version of CCleaner and run bother the temporary files and Registry cleanups.

4. Reboot your computer.

5. Re-install WOWS.

Free download is at bottom of the page to the left.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

If nothing else, this will prep your system for further troubleshooting steps. You might also want to make sure Windows is upgraded and your video card's driver is up to date.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WORX]
Members
14,142 posts
20,593 battles
1 hour ago, skull1239 said:

critical error.jpg

Looks like a Driver issue... Make sure your update and properly install your drivers then reboot your PC.