You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
krishwashere

ZF-6 Worth it?

9 comments in this topic

[_XFC_]
Members
4 posts
6,464 battles

Hi Folks,

So just for a bit of background, I've been debating getting the ZF-6 for a little bit now wand I'm at a bit of a cross road. On one side I think that the ship is pretty interesting and have just about enough credits to get the basic starter pack. But on the other side I question how often will I actually play it? I got Anchorage and Hizen but have been somewhat disappointed in their playstyle, but I do enjoy gunboat dds. Any thoughts on whether I should purchase it?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts

Just a note of clarification, the basic starter pack will give you the ability to do the grind to earn the ship.  I am not saying don't do it, I did it and am doing the grind.  I am just making sure it is clear what you are buying, when you say "purchase it".

Make sure you look at all the required missions.  It's not near the PR grind, but there some grinding required in there.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,814 posts
24,299 battles

IF you play destroyers yes.

It's a hybrid and depends on how you outfit/spe capt, as to how you play it...

• Cool 1

[BTLST]
Members
304 posts
6,980 battles
10 minutes ago, krishwashere said:

Hi Folks,

So just for a bit of background, I've been debating getting the ZF-6 for a little bit now wand I'm at a bit of a cross road. On one side I think that the ship is pretty interesting and have just about enough credits to get the basic starter pack. But on the other side I question how often will I actually play it? I got Anchorage and Hizen but have been somewhat disappointed in their playstyle, but I do enjoy gunboat dds. Any thoughts on whether I should purchase it?

LittleWhiteMouse's review for the ZF-6 is coming tomorrow according to her status update: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/profile/1003786173-littlewhitemouse/?status=17584&type=status

Also I recommend checking out the YouTube reviews of some experienced players. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,814 posts
24,299 battles
3 hours ago, tangofan said:

LittleWhiteMouse's review for the ZF-6 is coming tomorrow according to her status update: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/profile/1003786173-littlewhitemouse/?status=17584&type=status

Also I recommend checking out the YouTube reviews of some experienced players. 

Check Flamu video, ignore Notsers...

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Members
5,428 posts
18,732 battles

Its a German Destroyer and as a Rule I ignoring German Destroyers. Because the only thing German DDs have to offer is great hydro, everything else is mediocre at best. And the ZF-6 doesn't have hydro. Yeah having a reload booster on a DD sounds fun but than they gave it Defensive AA Fire which on most DDs is a joke against same tier or higher tier Carriers. 

So I'm gonna pass on this one, despite what the CCs say. 

• Thanks 1

Banned
1,684 posts
6 hours ago, krishwashere said:

Hi Folks,

I have no problem sinking the little dd. It can't take a hit.