You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Yo Lesta, what did you do to 10.3?

32 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

So, I'm sitting here yet again waiting for the game to launch, writing this post, wasting time. Idk what did you do on this patch, looks like a regular simple one. I would have expected this in last patch graphics upgrade, but it rolled out fine.

What piece of code did break now?. This requires a hotfix, please. The game isnfar too unstable. 

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So, I'm sitting here yet again waiting for the game to launch, writing this post, wasting time. Idk what did you do on this patch, looks like a regular simple one. I would have expected this in last patch graphics upgrade, but it rolled out fine.

What piece of code did break now?. This requires a hotfix, please. The game isnfar too unstable. 

It states 10k population playing the game atm... Server is stable according to Kalvothe...

I recommend to reset your PC and modem with out power for 5 min...

I would also check the local blackouts or performance restrictions in your area with your ISP...

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles
18 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I usually run repair if it goes wonky. But seeing the recent news about Microsoft, I went a step further and got the latest cleaning tool. And whoa, to my surprise I got 18 hits on bad files that needed cleaning from the recent bad stuff in the news. When it was done. Nothing found. Why? Because MS just auto-sends the reports back so they can look. They don't trust the end user to report immediately what they have and it has to be acted upon immediately.

The recent issues are to do with the mail system shell and how it can get in through administrator privileges, thus overriding even 3rd party security software. 

I ran it several days now and it has done some good for me. I have no issues to report for the game. My last issue was in Polygon where my ship was moving, but I could only see it move about, but my camera froze. 

Once the update went through, I ran the cleaner, it finds the bad stuff, then my end is good. I run repair on WG game Center, and their end is good. 

But like others say, there were some issues with grid failures and some blackouts occurred due to storms. ISPs, the cheap ones, don't invest heavily on their servers with backup power if the networks across other states are not doing it either. 

This is an issue that tax payers need the FCC to regulate and make a general requirement for guaranteed reliability of ISPs. ISPs need to have agreements across all states and jurisdictions to guarantee backup power so services are reliable for communication. Once that is established, the next regulation should be general guidelines of doing away with speed throttling. That is ridiculous. Because some providers pretend they have to throttle due to load, but that is a flat out tech lie to get revenue by price gouging consumers to pay higher rates. Get one IT engineer to sit on that FCC board and the deception will be revealed for what it is. And yet, we do have a GOOGLE former employee on that board who remains mum on the subject and is all for non-regulation because his former company is trying to sell their own high speed service. 

When business and government sleep in the same bed, this is what happens folks. We all get to pay the child support of bureaucratic complacency. 

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,078 posts
27,844 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Do you run any mods? My buddies in game that do run them seem to be having issues. I play Vanilla aside from 2 or 3 times I've installed any mods in the last 5 years, between patches, and have had no issues. I'm also running a clean install due to purchasing a new computer.

[EQRN]
Members
2,284 posts
21,149 battles

When I start the game, half the time it just sits there at a black screen.  I’ll Task Manager kill the “game” (not responding) then start it again, which, so far, has then successfully started.

[PHD]
Members
1,963 posts
7,625 battles

I have the game freeze on start up twice.  You click the play button on the client and instead of the loading video it is just black. Restart and it is fine the second time.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
25 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

When I start the game, half the time it just sits there at a black screen.  I’ll Task Manager kill the “game” (not responding) then start it again, which, so far, has then successfully started.

21 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I have the game freeze on start up twice.  You click the play button on the client and instead of the loading video it is just black. Restart and it is fine the second time.

Aye, me too. Also need shutdown the client and start over.

32 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Do you run any mods? My buddies in game that do run them seem to be having issues. I play Vanilla aside from 2 or 3 times I've installed any mods in the last 5 years, between patches, and have had no issues. I'm also running a clean install due to purchasing a new computer.

I'm using mods now, but had the same issues running vanilla first couple of days.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi. :) We just met on the ...seas :).I was in the red Neptune :)

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

You know people keep on saying their issues yet haven't had any :Smile_hiding: Not saying you do not have any have you check your  ISP connection and speed :fish_book:

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

You know people keep on saying their issues yet haven't had any :Smile_hiding: Not saying you do not have any have you check your  ISP connection and speed :fish_book:

I did. LOTS of issues...... even now, sometimes it get stuck on the loading.....

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles
7 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

I did. LOTS of issues...... even now, sometimes it get stuck on the loading.....

Do you use mods this could be a culprit I don't use mods :Smile_hiding: 

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
10 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Hi. :) We just met on the ...seas :).I was in the red Neptune :)

Hi nice, what was I using? hope it wasn't my potato Benson game :Smile_hiding:

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
10 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Not saying you do not have any have you check your  ISP connection and speed :fish_book:

My ISP is crap as always, nothing out of the ordinary on that side... these issues we are posting about, are out of the ordinary

[BONKS]
Members
3,081 posts
52 battles

Apparently a recent Windows update is causing lots of issues with games in general, though personally I've had no issues across 2 machines. If you encounter problems despite running a clean install, try uninstalling the updates KB5001330, KB500133 and KB5000842.

Take this info with a grain of salt though, again I've had no issues and thus cannot verify if uninstalling those updates solves anything.

Source (in German): https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Windows-10-Software-259581/News/Neue-Updates-sorgen-fuer-weniger-Leistung-und-Bluescreens-1370465/

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
6 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

The vanilla client does the same...... My workaround is press battle and Alt+Tab out  until the icon start flashing.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi nice, what was I using? hope it wasn't my potato Benson game :Smile_hiding:

It was ranked.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,148 posts
19,146 battles

I am not having any stability problems AT ALL.

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
20 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

It was ranked.

Oh the shame... it was probaly  my Benson game.  Had my wife standing next to my screen waiting for me to move our car to make room, we have visitors. Tried to force a gambit with red Fletcher but botched my torp drop due to wife nagging. 

• Haha 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

My ISP is crap as always, nothing out of the ordinary on that side... these issues we are posting about, are out of the ordinary

Have you run a TRACERT or, better, a line test over an hour or more to see if there are any problems between your house and the server?

Edited by Snargfargle

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
17 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh the shame... it was probaly  my Benson game.  Had my wife standing next to my screen waiting for me to move our car to make room, we have visitors. Tried to force a gambit with red Fletcher but botched my torp drop due to wife nagging. 

I was at C so I see nothing. I saw just your name in the lineup, after the battle.

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles

Been having issues Myself.  Problem is that things aren't reproduceable, I have drivers updated and tried different settings and mod combinations.    Also the bugs/ issues are happening in different places and seemingly at random.  These are all things I have experienced in the last week:

- Game lockup while match is in progress. 

- Repeated Freezing / black screen on game launch.

- Game freezes and goes black when I am afk for a while .

- Endless login  (Not since last September myself but reported by friends this week). 

Some of those more then once. Some have been around longer and go back half a year or more. With the most recent issues deleting Preferences.xml  did fix the freeze on launch issues . Yes I do use mods and the game in progress freezing happens with or without mods.  Just from what I was hearing in my clan about 1/2 of people were having issues again some with and some without mods. 

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
On 4/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, LastRemnant said:

Well it is definitively not mod related. I think it has to do with the textures not properly loading. It is STILL happening and is super annoying.Especially now when it is Newport week.

FIX YOUR GAME WEEGEE!!!

Edited by Bandi73

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,190 posts
8,166 battles

I had similar issues last week.  Freeze at match launch screen.. two days straight every time.. Had to force close client and log back in to client to load into a match.   I do run Aslain's mods..    After perusing their forums decided it might be mod related.    Uninstalled Aslain's and then found client would not log on at all?     Had to run a client check through WGC.. It wiped all modded files from..well must have been forever because it took about 2 hrs.   Reloaded with assumed vanilla client and had no more issues.   Later, actually loaded modstation to try it and had no issues afterward, either,. Though I haven't been playing very much in last 2 weeks or only a few games since doing this.    Aslain's has noted that it was found & fix is in for it.   Probably going to uninstall modstation and retry Aslain's because... just wildly better IMO.    I'm thinking i really need to wipe the client and reinstall at some point, because this client has been on my system for a very long time.   

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

a few have been reporting this same issue since 10.3...

[NONE]
Members
4,027 posts
12,426 battles
On 4/18/2021 at 2:47 PM, El2aZeR said:

Apparently a recent Windows update is causing lots of issues with games in general, though personally I've had no issues across 2 machines. If you encounter problems despite running a clean install, try uninstalling the updates KB5001330, KB500133 and KB5000842.

Take this info with a grain of salt though, again I've had no issues and thus cannot verify if uninstalling those updates solves anything.

Source (in German): https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Windows-10-Software-259581/News/Neue-Updates-sorgen-fuer-weniger-Leistung-und-Bluescreens-1370465/

Uninstalling the updates is a hugely bad idea. They patch several vulnerabilities in Win 10 and apps that access Microsoft Exchange Sever.

It is incumbent on third-party publishers to keep their API's up-to-date. That goes for game publishers too.

As long as Windows remains the gaming platform of choice, that's just the way of it.

Personally, I run Debian Linux for everything but Windows games. But WOWS and Windows are joined at the hip, and WOWS needs to do due diligence.

• Thanks 2